Way Off-Topic: Question for RPGamers

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Way Off-Topic: Question for RPGamers

Post by honorentheos »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:35 pm
Gonna have to think about this Honor. I’m not sure I’ve ever played a level 9 character. 😂
Yeah...it's good times!

I cut my teeth on the Basic/Expert system, and to be fair reading the Expert books was primarily entertaining more so than I ever had an actual reason to use them as they were meant for level 10 and up. I really wanted to get a copy of the book that took a character into godhood. But paper route money only stretches so far, and even I knew they was zero reason to buy them.

Anyways if you do have thoughts I'm interested in hearing them. Thanks!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:53 pm
I just have to say that I think you are probably a really fun DM, honor. Your write-ups alone make me want to join the adventure.

But I'm in the same boat as RI: I've never played a character above level 6 in 5e rules, so I'm not sure what to suggest that would be appropriate at those levels.
Ah, thanks Schmo. I hope they enjoy playing as much as I enjoy DMing the game. If something does come to mind please share. I find even little splinters of suggestions can spark ideas that gain a life of their own once let out of Pandora's box.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:26 am
Ah, thanks Schmo. I hope they enjoy playing as much as I enjoy DMing the game. If something does come to mind please share. I find even little splinters of suggestions can spark ideas that gain a life of their own once let out of Pandora's box.
I will.

And by the way, I'm really happy you found that old adventurer's thread. I was thinking the other day I wanted to go find it, and rereading it this morning all in one go was quite fun. I must have taken a break from the board at some point back then because I don't remember your last couple entries. Great stuff. It inspired me to pick it up again.

Oh, and RI, I'd love to hear more about Zeb.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

I recommend the "into the mines of madness" module as a fun jaunt through a mine where almost every member of the party will die at some point, or multiple points. Make sure to have plenty of "spare" character sheets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9y1kDmooNg
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:17 pm
honorentheos wrote:
I will.

And by the way, I'm really happy you found that old adventurer's thread. I was thinking the other day I wanted to go find it, and rereading it this morning all in one go was quite fun. I must have taken a break from the board at some point back then because I don't remember your last couple entries. Great stuff. It inspired me to pick it up again.

Glad to see the thread revived, too!

I'm swimming in work deadlines at the moment but hope to get back to it with adds as well. But don't take my slow responses as disinterest.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:17 pm
honorentheos wrote:
I will.

I'll "refresh my recollection" and put him back in play.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Sweet!
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:23 pm
Sweet!
Hey Schmo,

I feel bad having talked up participating in the other thread and then not adding to it since. I have something in mind and will add it when I have time to do so. I'd offer excuses but you know what they say. I do intend to do so, though.

In the meantime we just played session 50 in my daughter's campaign and the other game I joined after finding a group through Facebook had a fun session this weekend, too, with a couple added I think were a great add to the table. Life is a rollercoaster but I appreciate when gaming can provide some of the more enjoyable climbs.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Zuggtmoy and her cultists are painted and ready for the big chapter-ending battle...

IMG_20220508_122842_2.jpg.jpg
IMG_20220508_122842_2.jpg.jpg (105.84 KiB) Viewed 814 times
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:48 pm
Zuggtmoy and her cultists are painted and ready for the big chapter-ending battle...
Nice!

We never got into painting figures, except for this one time a guy running a paladin reached 7th level (a gloriously rare occurrence) and to celebrate decided to buy and paint a lead figure to represent his character; less than an hour into the very fist session using the painted figure, the paladin died. From that point on, "painting your paladin" became 'table-speak' for any action that seemed likely to invite disaster. "Grod told me he plans to humiliate the Arch-Mage by publicly peeing in the punch bowl; hell of a way to paint your paladin."