“King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Moksha
God

Re: “King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

Post by Moksha »

Book of Abraham lying is still occurring. https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/7 ... -in-egypt/
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:34 am
Book of Abraham lying is still occurring. https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/7 ... -in-egypt/

That could prove to be an interesting read for entertainment purposes only but there is absolutely no academic value in assigning the offering table to the name Abraham as suggested. Earlier in this thread, Ed Goble suggested that the hieroglyph for the letter “r” which is the human mouth is a kind of marker that represents a royal cartouche and thus by magic the signs in the register are turned into the royal name of a king which he says is Thutmose. Nothing could be further from the truth. Ed1’s active imagination and desperation to invent a king’s name shows how desperate fledging apologists have become. Next, they will be looking for ways to spell Shulem above the person of Hor in Facsimile No. 3. But hey, the imagination can pretty much see anything you want it to see and one can play make-believe and think what ever they want. For them it’s true but the world will keep turning and ignore silly Mormon apologetics.
Ryan Larsen
Sunbeam

Post by Ryan Larsen »

Hey that’s actually my post! I didn’t mention it over here on this board because I didn’t want to start getting into Facsimile 3 stuff just yet here, as I know it’s Paul’s signature issue! But I wanted to test it out on that other board. That board has quite a different flavor. What is the situation with the two boards, are these pretty much the two main boards? Is there a lot of overlap between posters?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Ryan Larsen wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:48 pm
What is the situation with the two boards, are these pretty much the two main boards? Is there a lot of overlap between posters?
There used to be a lot of overlap when this board first started, then many posters were banned en masse for posting over here.
Ryan Larsen
Sunbeam

Post by Ryan Larsen »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:59 pm
Ryan Larsen wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:48 pm
What is the situation with the two boards, are these pretty much the two main boards? Is there a lot of overlap between posters?
There used to be a lot of overlap when this board first started, then many posters were banned en masse for posting over here.
Do you mesn the other board bans people for posting here?
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Ryan Larsen wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:13 pm
Moksha wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:59 pm

And they ban us just for asking pointed questions without any rudeness whatsoever... Yes anyone who posts here now is more or less considered seriously questionable and watched like a hawk over there. It's really too bad too. It is their last opportunity to control the narrative, which is done with iron heavy handed censorship of anything they don't like, most especially for merely disagreeing with Mormon apologists, let alone church leaders... it's really rather pathetic in so many respects.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Ryan Larsen wrote:
Some posters make the crossing unfettered such as Tacenda and Cinepro. Seems to me that MD&D has loosened its totalitarian moderation a bit since the Gospel Topics Essays were released and the deck chairs were reupholstered at the Maxwell Institute.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:05 am
Ryan Larsen wrote:
Some posters make the crossing unfettered such as Tacenda and Cinepro. Seems to me that MD&D has loosened its totalitarian moderation a bit since the Gospel Topics Essays were released and the deck chairs were reupholstered at the Maxwell Institute.

Posters on the board that shall not be named (MAD) are welcome to come over here and tell me the King's name in Facsimile No. 3.

Let's see what they got.

I'll be right here, waiting for them.

I will take them on with one hand tied humbly behind me back, blindfolded, and standing or hopping on a single leg.

How can they pass that deal up?

Let them come. I'm ready for them.

:D
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:42 am
I will take them on with one hand tied humbly behind me back, blindfolded, and standing or hopping on a single leg.
So you say you are into bondage? No judgment here.

How can they pass that deal up?
Maybe someone with posting access over there could broach the subject and allay any concerns by mentioning this is the Celestial Forum where we are all respectful and only the most tasteful bondage would occur and breaks would be given for scones, finger sandwiches, and afternoon high herbal tea.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:38 am
Maybe someone with posting access over there could broach the subject and allay any concerns by mentioning this is the Celestial Forum where we are all respectful and only the most tasteful bondage would occur and breaks would be given for scones, finger sandwiches, and afternoon high herbal tea.

Yes, it would certainly make for an interesting afternoon tea. Imagine it! And you know me, being the greatest Book of Abraham critic to have ever lived would be able to manage the conversation and hold everything on point. The apologists would try to divert a conversation away from the King’s name and beg for alternative ways in understanding how a King’s name doesn’t exist where it’s supposed to exist. But, I’m like a laser and ever maintain my point and increase intensity on the most sensitive spot until the apologist can’t stand it any longer and concedes. The King’s name is my favorite Achilles’ heel to the Book of Abraham or as the Backyard professor has noted as the “quintessential” point. It’s a smoking gun, absolutely.