Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by Marcus »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:43 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:30 pm

Oh. Well, that explains a lot.
What does that explain? Are you saying marriage can't be stressful? You do know there is a whole cottage industry of marriage counseling, right?
No, I’m saying that it doesn’t seem like you’ve experienced being married to another human being.
drumdude
God

Re: Is being a "Mormon" as a Man (and Married LDS), Better in the Midst of Wokeism & Secular Culture?

Post by drumdude »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:47 pm
drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:33 pm
I don't see Mormon men as very masculine at all when they get up every Sunday to cry in public. It's a fake veneer of masculinity, and virtue signaling to the rest of the congregation.

Real men don't need to show that they are real men. They don't need to control women and treat them as one of the children. They don't need to benefit from a nepotistic corporation which promotes yes-men and brown nosers.

The real men are outside the LDS church, not inside it.
Someone on here said I was being sexist but mocking men for crying is not sexist? You're also making huge generalizations in your criticisms and I think you are being very unfair to the majority of good Mormon men and hyperfocusing on the "bad" Mormon men. You are not changing my mind. I actually came on here to seriously have my mind changed if I mistaken in my opinions.
I've had to endure way too many testimony meetings, I've earned the right to mock all the men virtue signaling from the stand.

If you can see the problem with virtue signaling in "wokism" then you should be able to easily spot it coming from the men who cry. They're following the pattern they were indoctrinated into, just like "wokism."

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:52 pm
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:42 pm
You're not really changing my mind by trying to label me sexist.
:lol: You misunderstand. You ARE sexist, but I have no goal of changing your mind.
You're just making me as an exMormon find more value in Mormonism as of 2022, where I'm respected more as a man. If that is your goal to make ex-Mormonism as a club appear distasteful to me, then you're succeeding.
nope, again no goal to change you. You are what you are.
If you're willing to say that women can be sexist too against men, which is what I showed in my "rant," then I would take your attempt at an insult more seriously.
sure. Anybody can be sexist. You’re pretty far up the list, however.
As of right now, your words are like white noise to me, just more Wokeist nonsense to me. You mine as well tack on chauvinist pig and other labels. You also failed to address my actual arguments and the evidence I demonstrated.
please. You made no “arguments” and you demonstrated no “evidence.”
you're angry at me instead of the anti-Woke message of the Euphoria TV show itself.
:lol: No. laughing at you, yes.
Nature itself is sexist buddy,
No, it’s people like you who are sexist. Luckily, many are getting past that. Join us!!
if you don't reality that is sexist, stop being an atheist for science which I predict you are.
Umm…. Can you rephrase? You’re not really making sense.
Marcus, you ARE sexist. Shall we keep going with this "I know you are but what am I." If you're not interested in a civil discussion to change my mind then what are you trying to accomplish? Does attempting to insult me make you feel good? Are you virtue signalling? What is your goal?

Your behavior is actually very predictable and I will tell you what, during my exMormon years I often got irritated by the behavior of Mormon apologists like Peterson and Midgely (spelling?) but I have to be honest your behavior right as I've seen on some ex-Mormon boards is worse than anything I've seen by any Mormon in my entire life. If I were to right now appeal to some ethic to attempt a civil discourse there would be nothing that can change your behavior on here (I don't think). You have no higher standard to abide by it seems. If you do let me know? Otherwise it's a waste of energy to dialogue with you.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:54 pm
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:43 pm

What does that explain? Are you saying marriage can't be stressful? You do know there is a whole cottage industry of marriage counseling, right?
No, I’m saying that it doesn’t seem like you’ve experienced being married to another human being.
I still don't see your point? Are you saying that to have an opinion about marriage you have to have been married? Does growing up as a child around a married couple that then divorced, count? Does knowing married people on a personal level, count?

By that logic, does that mean that a woman cannot call a man sexist because she has not had the experience of being a man?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:04 pm
Marcus wrote:

:lol: You misunderstand. You ARE sexist, but I have no goal of changing your mind.

No, it’s people like you who are sexist. Luckily, many are getting past that. Join us!!
Marcus, you ARE sexist. Shall we keep going with this "I know you are but what am I." If you're not interested in a civil discussion to change my mind then what are you trying to accomplish? Does attempting to insult me make you feel good? Are you virtue signalling? What is your goal?

Your behavior is actually very predictable and I will tell you what, during my exMormon years I often got irritated by the behavior of Mormon apologists like Peterson and Midgely (spelling?) but I have to be honest your behavior right as I've seen on some ex-Mormon boards is worse than anything I've seen by any Mormon in my entire life. If I were to right now appeal to some ethic to attempt a civil discourse there would be nothing that can change your behavior on here (I don't think). You have no higher standard to abide by it seems. If you do let me know? Otherwise it's a waste of energy to dialogue with you.
No, i have no interest in attempting to change your mind. It's clear what you are doing, and its no different than the last time you started threads here.

in my opinion, the extreme sexism in your posts in this thread shouldn't be left unchallenged on our board, so that's why i am responding.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:13 pm
Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:54 pm

I still don't see your point? Are you saying that to have an opinion about marriage you have to have been married? Does growing up as a child around a married couple that then divorced, count? Does knowing married people on a personal level, count?

By that logic, does that mean that a woman cannot call a man sexist because she has not had the experience of being a man?
Of course not. You're entitled to your opinions about marriage. I'm saying exactly what i said, no more no less: It doesn't seem like you've experienced being married to another human being.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:22 pm
Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:13 pm

Of course not. You're entitled to your opinions about marriage. I'm saying exactly what i said, no more no less: It doesn't seem like you've experienced being married to another human being.
Why are you ignoring my questions and a more civil discourse? Do you have an ethic that you abide by?
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Free Ranger wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:04 pm
Marcus wrote:

Your behavior is actually very predictable and I will tell you what, during my exMormon years I often got irritated by the behavior of Mormon apologists like Peterson and Midgely (spelling?) but I have to be honest, right now your behavior (as I've also seen on some ex-Mormon boards) is worse than anything I've seen by any Mormon in my entire life. If I were to right now appeal to some ethic to attempt a civil discourse there would be nothing that can change your behavior on here (I don't think). You have no higher standard to abide by it seems. If you do let me know? Otherwise it's a waste of energy to dialogue with you.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

I don't know why the formatting is the way it is above and there are duplicates. I keep trying to edit it and it keeps turning up more duplicates. My bad.
Free Ranger
Deacon

Post by Free Ranger »

Since it keeps being quoted in a quote I'm going to just copy and paste what I said here again:

Your behavior is actually very predictable and I will tell you what, during my exMormon years I often got irritated by the behavior of Mormon apologists like Peterson and Midgely (spelling?) but I have to be honest, right now your behavior (as I've also seen on some ex-Mormon boards) is worse than anything I've seen by any Mormon in my entire life. If I were to right now appeal to some ethic to attempt a civil discourse there would be nothing that can change your behavior on here (I don't think). You have no higher standard to abide by it seems. If you do let me know? Otherwise it's a waste of energy to dialogue with you.