Shulem to a wider audience

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: Pick one!

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:36 pm
Book of Mormon archeology/geography is still ‘in play’.
Can you think of any possible scenario of science developing sufficient technology to completely rule out Hebrews in the Americas before Christ?

I think your definition of "in play" is so broad that the Book of Mormon could never be disproved. Hence my Hogwarts analogy.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Shulem to a wider audience

Post by Philo Sofee »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:15 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:04 pm

Oh, but they are, indeed they certainly are.
Care to expound? I’ve asked a number of questions of RFM which he has not answered. Shulem made an attempt. I won’t comment on his answers. In my opinion he is simply misdirecting. A sleight of hand to avoid seriously answering.

Joseph, a simple magician? Pray tell, convince the doubters. 😉

I don’t expect that you will actually answer, in a serious way, the problems/questions I put to RFM in two separate posts on page four of this thread…and earlier.

Why??

Because I don’t think you can.

Regards,
MG
Oh of course I can't. I also see no need to convince doubters like yourself. No, you are always so correct, there is no way I can answer you here. You win, point, set, match, congrats!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:19 pm
Shulem wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:02 pm

I'd be happy if MG would vote and let's see which one is his top pick. Then we can go from there.

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Delmarva Peninsula

MG, which of the above do you pick? Pick one. Pick the one you think works best, but please, just pick one!

I know you can do it. Which one do you favor most?
I don’t know that I have a firm opinion on any of these. I’ve looked at some of them and find pros and cons with each. Along the way I’ve wondered if Book of Mormon lands are readily navigable/explorable at this point. Whether they might be hidden/accessible.

I’m sure you’ve seen (well, maybe not so sure…if you haven’t read Richard Lloyd Anderson…) documentaries where LiDAR technology is used to map out lost civilizations. I’m not totally convinced that we’ve found the actual location of where the Nephites and Lamanites once lived.

Maybe, maybe not.

Thomas Stewart Ferguson gave it a go and look where it got him. 😕

That’s why I think there are more productive conversations to have such as Joseph the Magician. I do thank you for the reference to RFM’s podcast. It demonstrates the lengths at which folks will go to explain what seems to be unexplainable.

Yep! The critics do it too. 😄

Regards,
MG
Thank you for demonstrating you don't know. Don't feel bad, neither do your Mormon scholars, Sunday School teachers, Apostles or Prophets... even your God doesn't want to commit himself to any kind of actual geography.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:02 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:15 pm

Care to expound? I’ve asked a number of questions of RFM which he has not answered. Shulem made an attempt. I won’t comment on his answers. In my opinion he is simply misdirecting. A sleight of hand to avoid seriously answering.

Joseph, a simple magician? Pray tell, convince the doubters. 😉

I don’t expect that you will actually answer, in a serious way, the problems/questions I put to RFM in two separate posts on page four of this thread…and earlier.

Why??

Because I don’t think you can.

Regards,
MG
Oh of course I can't. I also see no need to convince doubters like yourself. No, you are always so correct, there is no way I can answer you here. You win, point, set, match, congrats!

MG is just 1 person in a world of 8 billion souls and we are not going to lose much by not winning him over. We can accept the loss. You'll notice that he won't comment on the answers I gave and belittles them as a mere attempt designed to misdirect our readers. He thinks I'm using sleight of hand to fool everyone.

:|

MG, my friend, let me tell you a prime example in using a misdirect and sleight of hand:

Slicing off the nose of the god Anubis from the lead plate of Facsimile No. 3 in order to turn him into a slave and coverup the true identity of an Egyptian deity associated with the Egyptian Dog-star of the Masonic Order.

MG, not only have you been fooled, you've been had. How does that feel?

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:06 am
Thank you for demonstrating you don't know. Don't feel bad, neither do your Mormon scholars, Sunday School teachers, Apostles or Prophets... even your God doesn't want to commit himself to any kind of actual geography.
The Church wrote:"We don't know."
:lol:
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:41 am

Slicing off the nose of the god Anubis from the lead plate of Facsimile No. 3 in order to turn him into a slave…
Is Facsimile 3 a Presentation Scene or a Judgement Scene?

Regards,
MG
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:54 am
Shulem wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:41 am

Slicing off the nose of the god Anubis from the lead plate of Facsimile No. 3 in order to turn him into a slave…

Regards,
MG
Anubis' nose was hacked off, regardless of what kind of scene it is.
Moksha
God

Re: Pick one!

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:55 pm
Hence my Hogwarts analogy.
That evidence of the Lehites both entered and exited at Gate 9 3/4?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MG wrote:I do thank you for the reference to RFM’s podcast. It demonstrates the lengths to which folks will go to explain what seems to be unexplainable.
It is a rational attempt to explain a translation trick.

MG wrote:Is Facsimile 3 a Presentation Scene or a Judgement Scene?
It is a symbolic representation of the Egyptian afterlife belief journey.

Not being able to speak Latin or Italian, what fanciful story might Joseph have made over Dante Alighieri's concentric rings of Hell? Bet it would be good and perhaps contain a foreshadowing of his future self through the door at the very bottom.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:26 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:54 am

Regards,
MG
Anubis' nose was hacked off, regardless of what kind of scene it is.

Exactly. Why bother asking me whether it's a Presentation or Judgement scene? It makes no difference what scene it is because the person is Anubis, a god of ancient Egypt who lives in Egyptian heaven. It's NOT an earthly scene! It's found within the heavenly stars above. The vindicated Hor, whose heart has already been judged is being ushered in and presented to the god's family and will live in heaven forever.

I suspect this is simply a diversion on MG's part, a typical apologetic response designed to reflect, deflect, and change the subject. Apologists often do that when they are uncomfortable about particulars that question the authenticity of their founding prophet's revelations. MG should know by now that I don't fall for that kind of stuff. I'm far too experienced and focused in what I do to fall for that.

Come on, MG, you know me better than that. I'm a like laser beam and never take my eyes of the ball. And the ball, in this case, is the snout that was brutally hacked off the face of Anubis all for the purpose of covering up Smith's prior error in defining that person as a slave when in fact he knew him to be more than that.