Oh what a tangled web we weave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
K Graham
God

Re: Oh what a tangled web we weave

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:34 am
K Graham wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:45 am

The fact is we've been sending technical military equipment to Ukraine for quite some time now. Obviously we're going to have to train them in how to use it, otherwise they might just blow themselves up. It isn't like this was a big secret.

You folks on the Right can't seem to make up your minds.

On the one hand Biden is a weakling who is afraid to stand up to Putin because he won't implement a no fly zone that would inevitably lead to a full scale war with Russia.

On the other hand when he refuses to explain what our military response will be to a FOX News idiot, he's incompetent and can't answer the question.

Biden only mentioned the training in Poland because Peter Doocey had misrepresented what he actually said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI_6X1WW7H8

This reminds me of the way FOX News attacked Biden for not releasing oil from our reserves to help lower gas prices, but then when he did they criticized him anyway and said he only did it because of the pressure to do so. Literally nothing this guy does is acceptable for some folks.
Focus Kevin…not every response should be a blanket statement about the right.

Loose lips sink ships. Disinformation is important in war, and everything said by our leaders should be thought out and calculated. It was obvious, because several things Biden has been saying about the war and Putin are being walked back, because Biden is not thinking about what he is saying. They keep I tight leash on him and probably cringe when he goe off script. He needs to be more careful.

Biden speaking to the troops said they would be in the Ukraine (see what was happening to these people…do you understand how that could give Putin an excuse to something stupid, just because of that.
Now you're just flat out lying. Biden refuted the claim that he's walked back anything. Biden is the one who runs the show, not some junior staff member who may have said something else to someone in the media. Biden said what he said and he makes no apologies for it, nor should he. What he said was common sense and isn't detrimental to our military nor is it causing an all out war between us and Russia, contrary to your useful delusions. You're just constantly following the narrative that has been fed to you and you're not the least bit interested in acknowledging your hypocrisy. Blithely saying "Trump is an idiot" doesn't exonerate you from the fact that never once in the four years he was in office did you question his cognitive abilities or entertain idiotic conspiracy theories driven by nothing but innuendo and speculation. Even though the moron frequently went off script with unhinged rants explaining to us idiotic things like how there were airports in the 18th century, or how wind mills cause cancer, or mispronouncing Yosemite as "Yo Semites... yo semites" or reading Thailand as "Thigh Land." Or misspelling a dozen of his tweets only to "correct" them by misspelling them a different way. Or slurring his speech mispronouncing dozens of words, none of which were ever picked up by right wing media as evidence of anything other than his stability as a genius. Remember when Trump said the Spanish Flu ended the second world war, even though that started two decades later? If Biden had said even one of these idiotic things this damned stupid he'd be removed from office.

If it's abusing classified information that concerns you so much, don't forget the Maralago parties where members of his staff were openly discussing foreign policy while drinking in an open forum where anyone with a membership could easily listen in. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

So now you're basing your entire argument that Biden is in mental decline, on a poll by Rasmussen, which even Republicans acknowledge leans hard right. Forget what medical experts say, because they're not helping you at all. The poll itself doesn't say 66% of Americans believe "Biden is in mental decline." The question was simply, "should Joe Biden take a Cognitive Test" which doesn't really tell us anything because I could answer yes to that too simply because I believe all Presidents should take a true cognitive test, and not that joke of a test Trump took which required him to pick out an elephant in a cartoon while repeating "Man, woman, camera, person." The poll you're alluding to says 45% are Not At All Confident in Biden's ability.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... ental_test
Last edited by K Graham on Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:25 am
K Graham wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:53 am

By your own admission you have no expertise in analyzing elderly folks on their cognitive abilities. Your observations are nothing, and the fact that there are millions of FOX viewers who agree with you doesn't change the fact that I already provided the views from two experts who said Biden is not declining mentally.
Okay Kevin,if you really believe that, then hang on to your hopes. If 65% of the country believes he is declining per the poll, then Fox had better give Hannity and the others needs a raise. A 65% market share that’s getting up to Super Bowl shares.
Again, that isn't what the poll said. You're not only relying on a biased poll, you're totally misrepresenting what it said. Which tells me you never really read the poll, but instead read the headlines about it from your favorite fake news outlets. You're also ignoring the fact that the only medical expert who says he's in mental decline is Trump's personal doctor.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:19 am
The majority of the country disagrees, and believe he is slipping Kevin. He thinks he is going to run again, 7 more years…do you buy that?
The right has been pushing this notion of cognitive decline in Biden since before the election. Surveys of the general population don't say anything about whether Biden is in cognitive decline. He has already stated publicly that he is not going to run in 2024.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:09 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:34 pm

Based on the fact that the President is the person who calls the shots in the executive branch. Absent evidence that Biden is not and someone else is, there is no reason to assume otherwise. Subjective impressions by heavily biased critics aren't evidence.
Well, I think there are reasons to assume otherwise. Such as when he states things like they told me not to say this or that…reads off of cue cards, and struggles with getting words out. He was sharp 4 or 5 years ago, he is clearly declining. It might be hard for you to talk about, bout it is obviously evident. Both my parents passed away in their mid 80’s because of Cancer (F Cancer) but they were declining the same way that Joe is.

Reagan’s last years were rough, he was not calling the shots from many reports. What do you think about Mike Donilon?

One generally knows there is a problem when it can’t be openly discussed.
Biden has never been a strong speaker, especially extemporaneously. The "they told me not to say" is a stylistic device used to communicate he's giving the audience the straight scoop. His stammer does cause him to struggle at times to get words out, but he's pretty good at switching to a synonym to get past it. Cue cards? I've used cue cards for giving presentations all my life. They're an organizational tool.

Again, observing your parents decline does not make you qualified to diagnose Biden by watching him on TV.
he/him

K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:16 pm
Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:19 am

The majority of the country disagrees, and believe he is slipping Kevin. He thinks he is going to run again, 7 more years…do you buy that?
The right has been pushing this notion of cognitive decline in Biden since before the election. Surveys of the general population don't say anything about whether Biden is in cognitive decline. He has already stated publicly that he is not going to run in 2024.

He has?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:41 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:16 pm

He has?
I thought I'd heard him say that at a press conference, but the headlines say otherwise. I must have misheard.
he/him

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I don't believe Biden will run against in 2024. But he also won't announce this until 2023-24 so as to not undermine his presidency by create a lame duck condition normally associated with second term presidents with two years left. It's an apparent weakness that comes with the limits for executives.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:22 pm
Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:09 am

Well, I think there are reasons to assume otherwise. Such as when he states things like they told me not to say this or that…reads off of cue cards, and struggles with getting words out. He was sharp 4 or 5 years ago, he is clearly declining. It might be hard for you to talk about, bout it is obviously evident. Both my parents passed away in their mid 80’s because of Cancer (F Cancer) but they were declining the same way that Joe is.

Reagan’s last years were rough, he was not calling the shots from many reports. What do you think about Mike Donilon?

One generally knows there is a problem when it can’t be openly discussed.
Biden has never been a strong speaker, especially extemporaneously. The "they told me not to say" is a stylistic device used to communicate he's giving the audience the straight scoop. His stammer does cause him to struggle at times to get words out, but he's pretty good at switching to a synonym to get past it. Cue cards? I've used cue cards for giving presentations all my life. They're an organizational tool.

Again, observing your parents decline does not make you qualified to diagnose Biden by watching him on TV.
Well, I can be objective, and if I am wrong, o’well. We will see. But I believe one can observe certain things, It is not like he has not “grown old” in front of our nation. he has had Botox, he stumbles in his speech and even since th e debates a year ago he had declined. Why are you afraid to discuss this. Kish sees the same thing I do. Getting old and declining happens to everyone, unless they go young or quick. It’s life Res, and it is obvious he is declining.

in my opinion…All you are doing is making excuses. Again we will see. He did say he was running again because he saw white supremacists running out of the wood with Nazi flags on Jan 6. Or something like that.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:01 am
Markk wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:34 am

Focus Kevin…not every response should be a blanket statement about the right.

Loose lips sink ships. Disinformation is important in war, and everything said by our leaders should be thought out and calculated. It was obvious, because several things Biden has been saying about the war and Putin are being walked back, because Biden is not thinking about what he is saying. They keep I tight leash on him and probably cringe when he goe off script. He needs to be more careful.

Biden speaking to the troops said they would be in the Ukraine (see what was happening to these people…do you understand how that could give Putin an excuse to something stupid, just because of that.
Now you're just flat out lying. Biden refuted the claim that he's walked back anything. Biden is the one who runs the show, not some junior staff member who may have said something else to someone in the media. Biden said what he said and he makes no apologies for it, nor should he. What he said was common sense and isn't detrimental to our military nor is it causing an all out war between us and Russia, contrary to your useful delusions. You're just constantly following the narrative that has been fed to you and you're not the least bit interested in acknowledging your hypocrisy. Blithely saying "Trump is an idiot" doesn't exonerate you from the fact that never once in the four years he was in office did you question his cognitive abilities or entertain idiotic conspiracy theories driven by nothing but innuendo and speculation. Even though the moron frequently went off script with unhinged rants explaining to us idiotic things like how there were airports in the 18th century, or how wind mills cause cancer, or mispronouncing Yosemite as "Yo Semites... yo semites" or reading Thailand as "Thigh Land." Or misspelling a dozen of his tweets only to "correct" them by misspelling them a different way. Or slurring his speech mispronouncing dozens of words, none of which were ever picked up by right wing media as evidence of anything other than his stability as a genius. Remember when Trump said the Spanish Flu ended the second world war, even though that started two decades later? If Biden had said even one of these idiotic things this damned stupid he'd be removed from office.

If it's abusing classified information that concerns you so much, don't forget the Maralago parties where members of his staff were openly discussing foreign policy while drinking in an open forum where anyone with a membership could easily listen in. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

So now you're basing your entire argument that Biden is in mental decline, on a poll by Rasmussen, which even Republicans acknowledge leans hard right. Forget what medical experts say, because they're not helping you at all. The poll itself doesn't say 66% of Americans believe "Biden is in mental decline." The question was simply, "should Joe Biden take a Cognitive Test" which doesn't really tell us anything because I could answer yes to that too simply because I believe all Presidents should take a true cognitive test, and not that joke of a test Trump took which required him to pick out an elephant in a cartoon while repeating "Man, woman, camera, person." The poll you're alluding to says 45% are Not At All Confident in Biden's ability.

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public ... ental_test
Me lying? Where did I say that Biden walking anything back. Who is lying Kevin? Be careful you might have to actually read what i wrote.

Where did I say anything about a Jr staff member, as I recall I mentioned Susan Rice, Obama,and Donilon. Again you are just making stuff up. But that is okay Kevin.

I am not sure how to respond to the rest of your comments.

The poll itself doesn't say 66% of Americans believe "Biden is in mental decline." The question was simply, "should Joe Biden take a Cognitive Test" which doesn't really tell us anything because I could answer yes to that too simply because I believe all Presidents should take a true cognitive test,
We I guess you could…sure Kevin…that does not tell us anything other than 66% of Americans believe he should take the test.

This was in Nov. of last year. https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/1 ... val-522785

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/1 ... val-522785

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... itness.cnn

Kevin, this is real, people see this.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:57 pm
K Graham wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:41 pm

He has?
I thought I'd heard him say that at a press conference, but the headlines say otherwise. I must have misheard.
He recently said he'd like it of Trump ran again in 2024 so he could run against him. I heard him say this out of his own mouth. Here's a link and article to that effect.

Biden says he would be 'very fortunate' if Trump runs against him in 2024
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 156633001/
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!