Eternal Questions and Answers.

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Re: Eternal Questions and Answers.

Post by Elizabeth »

"What other man has been without sin, and therefore wholly exempt from the dominion of Satan, and to whom death, the wage of sin, is not naturally due? Had Jesus Christ met death as other men have done—the result of the power that Satan has gained over them through their sins—His death would have been but an individual experience, expiatory in no degree of any faults or offences but His own. Christ’s absolute sinlessness made Him eligible, His humility and willingness rendered Him acceptable to the Father, as the atoning sacrifice whereby propitiation could be made for the sins of all men.

What other man has lived with power to withstand death, over whom death could not prevail except through his own submission? Yet Jesus Christ could not be slain until His “hour had come,” and that, the hour in which He voluntarily surrendered His life, and permitted His own decease through an act of will.

Born of a mortal mother He inherited the capacity to die; begotten by an immortal Sire He possessed as a heritage the power to withstand death indefinitely. He literally gave up His life; to this effect is His own affirmation: “Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.” And further: “For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself.” Only such a One could conquer death; in none but Jesus the Christ was realised this requisite condition of a Redeemer of the world."

Jesus The Christ .. Chapter Three.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

The principle and preservation of religious freedom is necessary for the divine plan for mortals, to exercise their agency to make the choices necessary to progress toward Eternal life.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 4?lang=eng

JST, Exodus 34:1–2, 14. Compare Exodus 34:1–2, 14; D&C 84:21–26
God again writes the law on tablets of stone prepared by Moses but takes the Melchizedek Priesthood and its ordinances away from the children of Israel. He gives them the law of carnal commandments instead.
1 And the Lord said unto Moses, Hew thee two other tables of stone, like unto the first, and I will write upon them also, the words of the law, according as they were written at the first on thetables which thou brakest; but it shall not be according to the first, for I will take away the priesthood out of their midst; therefore my holy order, and the ordinances thereof, shall not go before them; for my presence shall not go up in their midst, lest I destroy them.
2 But I will give unto them the law as at the first, but it shall be after the law of a carnal commandment; for I have sworn in my wrath, that they shall not enter into my presence, into my rest, in the days of their pilgrimage. Therefore do as I have commanded thee, and be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me, in the top of the mount.
Jehovah is one name by which the Old Testament people know the Lord Jesus Christ.
14 For thou shalt worship no other god; for the Lord, whose name is Jehovah, is a jealous God.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

We all were in the beginning either a male or female intelligence. Our intelligence was born into either a male or female Spiritual body, which grew to maturity in our Pre Mortal Existence. We came to this earth for our Spiritual body to receive a mortal body, again either male or female.. as we were from the beginning, and will be through the eternities. There is not now, nor ever was, any choice nor negotiation as to gender.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Elizabeth,

Do you sustain Russel M. Nelson as prophet, seer, and revelator?
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:26 am
Yeah the white Jesus just doesn't exist ya know...
Wonder what would happen if White Aryan Long Hair and Bearded Hippie Jesus Dude in a Tunic walked into LDS General Conference and sat in the front row.

I'm guessing he probably wouldn't be well received. :D

Bill
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:51 pm
The principle and preservation of religious freedom is necessary for the divine plan for mortals, to exercise their agency to make the choices necessary to progress toward Eternal life.

Do those choices include symbolically dropping spy pie into the eye of selected individuals :?:
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

bill4long wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:27 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:26 am
Yeah the white Jesus just doesn't exist ya know...
Wonder what would happen if White Aryan Long Hair and Bearded Hippie Jesus Dude in a Tunic walked into LDS General Conference and sat in the front row.

I'm guessing he probably wouldn't be well received. :D

Bill
Todd Agnew has a song on the subject called My Jesus. it is a song that calls for introspection.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:46 am
The Spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called Paradise.

Spirits are classified according to the purity of their lives and their obedience to the will of the Lord while on earth.

The righteous and the wicked are separated (see 1 Nephi 15:28–30), but all may still progress if they learn and accept Gospel principles and live in accordance with them.

The Apostle Peter referred to the postmortal spirit world as a prison, which it is for some (see 1 Peter 3:18–20).

In the spirit prison are also the Spirits of those who have not yet received the Gospel of Jesus Christ. These Spirits still have agency, and may be enticed by both good and evil. If they accept the Gospel and the ordinances performed for them in the Temples, they may be able to leave the spirit prison and dwell in Paradise.

The Spirits in Paradise can teach the Spirits in prison (see D&C 138).

Also in the spirit prison are those who rejected the Gospel after it was preached to them either on earth or in the spirit prison.

These Spirits suffer in a condition known as hell. They have removed themselves from the mercy of Jesus Christ, who said:
“Behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent; but if they would not repent they must suffer even as I; which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit” (D&C 19:16–18).

After suffering for their sins, they may be allowed, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, to inherit the lowest degree of glory, which is the Telestial Kingdom.
I'm curious. In light of what you've posted above, how would the LDS church interpret Hebrews 6:4-6?

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame."
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

"Who shall question the justice of God, which denies salvation to all who will not comply with the prescribed conditions on which alone it is declared obtainable? Christ is “the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him,” and God “will render to every man according to his deeds: to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil.”

Chapter Three ... Jesus the Christ.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 3?lang=eng