Backyard Professor on Dehlin's Mormon Stories May 10th

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Backyard Professor on Dehlin's Mormon Stories May 2nd

Post by Dr. Shades »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:55 pm
I look forward to seeing you there amigo.
Will you please post the link so we can do so?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:22 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
I look forward to seeing you there amigo.
Will you please post the link so we can do so?
Yes, I will be happy to do so for ya Shades!
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:51 pm
Who'd a thought a little old piece of scripture Joseph had people pen nearly 200 years ago would be getting such play in our day? Yes, Joseph put it in his newspaper but one must wonder if he ever thought people 200 years later would be so intrigued with it? He either was in the sack with the devil or a prophet of God...no in between. :roll:

It goes without saying many a former Mormon really enjoys the topic of the Book of Abraham. Most Mormons either don't know it's being talked about, or think the level of interest from the ex's demonstrates it's endorsement from God. Many of the other Mormons who seem to be at least somewhat aware of the criticisms also seem to be content that God knows what he's doing while continuing to ignore the text and the pictures in their daily religious moves. I can't believe how much time I've spent over the years trying to care about the topic.

I hope the episode goes well. As much as we like all the other ex-Mormon content sharers, Dehlin ranks the highest. Putting yourself on that show speaks the loudest. It'll likely be one of those times where i bite the bullet and give it a listen.

ETA: My goodness I see I already saw this yesterday and made a smarmy joke of sorts. Ah well...must be getting old.
I can promise one and all, barring any unforseen circumstances, I will not disappoint you at all. I have a visual context that is 2nd to NONE. It seriously has shown me the context, the connections, the reasons Joseph did and said what he did, and WHY he is just wrong. No one I am aware of anywhere in the world, in print, or online or the You Tube has put together then entire visual context of all the manuscripts (4 folios - think of them like computer files) which logically connects fundamentally everything in one grand package of understanding including the hieroglyphics and WHY and HOW Joseph Smith translated. We have the method! Sincerely he left the evidence of WHAT he was doing and HOW he was doing it, and we even have the actual hieroglyphs and WHERE they are IN the Book of Abraham both in the translation document and in the English book of Abraham. It all fits. I am excited to share this clarifying information. Sure a bit complex, but not confusing. Just complexity, e.g. we have to work with 4 folios, not just 2 of them, but this isn't a cause of confusion as apologists have been doing and saying. I look forward to seeing you there amigo.
I am certain it will be quite a demonstration, Philo. Gotta clear up my time so I can participate live, which I haven't done before but keep meaning to try and do. Should be fun.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

We have had to change the time to May 10th, Tuesday, at 5 p.m. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:
No one I am aware of anywhere in the world, in print, online, or on YouTube has put together the entire visual context of all the manuscripts which logically connect fundamentally everything in one grand package of understanding...
The apologists would like to claim this if the evidence was not against them.

You might want to update the title to the correct date.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:13 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
No one I am aware of anywhere in the world, in print, online, or on YouTube has put together the entire visual context of all the manuscripts which logically connect fundamentally everything in one grand package of understanding...
The apologists would like to claim this if the evidence was not against them.
The apologists need to apologize. :lol:

Wrong, but they will never admit it. 🐳 CBNC
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Backyard Professor on Dehlin's Mormon Stories May 10th

Post by Philo Sofee »

Tonight 5 p.m.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MormonStoriesPodcast/videos

The Backyard Professor has his interview for Mormon Stories worthiness (similar to the temple questions). Please do come and sit in on the interview to see if he qualifies for worthiness to be let into the Celestial Kingdom of evidence and clarity or not.....
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:32 pm
Tonight 5 p.m.

Is that Mountain Time? Dr. Shades is going to want to know and have that confirmed if you don't mind.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:47 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:32 pm
Tonight 5 p.m.

Is that Mountain Time? Dr. Shades is going to want to know and have that confirmed if you don't mind.
Yes Mountain time in the US... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zyw3d3qiqI
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:02 pm
Shulem wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Yes Mountain time in the US... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zyw3d3qiqI

Rat's, I'll be in transit so I will have to watch the reruns.

:lol: