NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:56 pm

Kevin…who are these experts, and where are the quotes from the owner of the shop in full context? One thing that is good, is that the FBI has the lap top data…at least I thing that is good.
This is standard Markk MO.

Right Wing outlets like Brietbart assert, without any evidence whatsoever, that the laptop hadn't been tampered with and you accept that conclusion no problem. However, when actual experts analyze it, including the guy who initially obtained the laptop, state that there were clearly files that had been created in the interim, you immediately want to know who these experts are and then you want to pretend like you have a leg to stand on by suggesting the Washington Post would just say something without evidence whereas Brietbart would not.
If it was tampered with, that too will come out, maybe it was tampered with by the Biden’s trying to aerate or change damaging evidence?
You obviously haven't read anything relating to this. Just listen to yourself. If it was tampered with it must've been by the Bidens? The people who hadn't been allowed access to it?
Why are you assuming the all these alleged people that allegedly tampered are enemies of Biden?
For what reason would there be to tamper with a laptop owned by Hunter Biden? If it were truly evidence of criminal behavior, as the people who control it have asserted, then the last thing they'd want to do is contaminate the evidence.
It seems to me that once the left found out that Hunter was stupid enough to take a laptop to a repair shop with possible damaging information, they would have a real “desire” to erase, confuse, or dampen any incriminating evidences…LOL…maybe the FBI did for Biden?
Cute theory, which immediately ignores the fact that this would have been impossible as no one from "Team Biden" had access to it.

Hilarious how you respond to the fact that you and ajax are relying on lies like this one. You've gone from asserting that it wasn't tampered with to "maybe it was by the Bidens." Again, another exhibit as to why no one should really bother trying to converse with you.
“[An expert] also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.”

Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, ‘Mail,' ‘Salacious Pics Package’ and ‘Big Guy File’ — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.”

One expert likened it to a crime scene that was littered with fast-food wrappers thanks to the first police who’d arrived on the scene. That’s meant as an indictment, but it’s also generous. The first people on the scene weren’t police, in this case; they were (to extend the analogy) people aiming to obtain an indictment against a particular person.

There is still an unlittered crime scene out there. The owner of the store where Hunter Biden allegedly dropped the laptop off for repairs three years ago turned the computer over to the FBI when issued a subpoena to do so. In an interview with the right-wing media outlet “Real America’s Voice,” the owner, John Paul Mac Isaac, explained how relieved he was when the FBI came to get the laptop.

... What Mac Isaac said next, though, is what was most noteworthy. When he did his “deep dive,” he said, he “saw a lot of photos” — but “did not see a lot of photos that are being reported to [have been] seen.”

“I do know that there have been multiple attempts over the past year-and-a-half to insert questionable material into the laptop as in, not physically, but passing off this misinformation or disinformation as coming from the laptop,” he said. “And that is a major concern of mine because I have fought tooth and nail to protect the integrity of this drive and to jeopardize that is going to mean that everything that I sacrificed will be for nothing.”

In other words, Mac Isaac says that he has seen claims about what the laptop contains that don’t actually reflect what he saw on the laptop at the outset. Or, presumably, sees now, as one of the few people that might still have an unlittered copy of its contents.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... leaked-it/
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

An appropriate crime scene analogy would’ve been a handful of the current Mayor’s political operatives get to the crime scene, in clown shoes, walk all over it, drop three manila folders on the ground with documents written in Comic Sans font, won’t let any of the PD’s detectives look at the crime scene, call a press conference inviting tabloids and rags to ask and answer questions, and then sit back and let the absolute god-tier dunning-krugers run with it.

Markk getting his rear handed to him and declaring victory is perfect. He did it with the Russiangate thing and he’s doing it now. It’s an object lesson in something, not sure what it is, maybe Markk’s behavior deserves a term of its own. Maybe it’s the Homer Simpson strategy, where people get to worn out punching him until they collapse with exhaustion?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:05 pm
An appropriate crime scene analogy would’ve been a handful of the current Mayor’s political operatives get to the crime scene, in clown shoes, walk all over it, drop three manila folders on the ground with documents written in Comic Sans font, won’t let any of the PD’s detectives look at the crime scene, call a press conference inviting tabloids and rags to ask and answer questions, and then sit back and let the absolute god-tier dunning-krugers run with it.

Markk getting his rear handed to him and declaring victory is perfect. He did it with the Russiangate thing and he’s doing it now. It’s an object lesson in something, not sure what it is, maybe Markk’s behavior deserves a term of its own. Maybe it’s the Homer Simpson strategy, where people get to worn out punching him until they collapse with exhaustion?

- Doc
Word.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:12 pm
Markk wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:56 pm

Kevin…who are these experts, and where are the quotes from the owner of the shop in full context? One thing that is good, is that the FBI has the lap top data…at least I thing that is good.
This is standard Markk MO.

Right Wing outlets like Brietbart assert, without any evidence whatsoever, that the laptop hadn't been tampered with and you accept that conclusion no problem. However, when actual experts analyze it, including the guy who initially obtained the laptop, state that there were clearly files that had been created in the interim, you immediately want to know who these experts are and then you want to pretend like you have a leg to stand on by suggesting the Washington Post would just say something without evidence whereas Brietbart would not.
If it was tampered with, that too will come out, maybe it was tampered with by the Biden’s trying to aerate or change damaging evidence?
You obviously haven't read anything relating to this. Just listen to yourself. If it was tampered with it must've been by the Bidens? The people who hadn't been allowed access to it?
Why are you assuming the all these alleged people that allegedly tampered are enemies of Biden?
For what reason would there be to tamper with a laptop owned by Hunter Biden? If it were truly evidence of criminal behavior, as the people who control it have asserted, then the last thing they'd want to do is contaminate the evidence.
It seems to me that once the left found out that Hunter was stupid enough to take a laptop to a repair shop with possible damaging information, they would have a real “desire” to erase, confuse, or dampen any incriminating evidences…LOL…maybe the FBI did for Biden?
Cute theory, which immediately ignores the fact that this would have been impossible as no one from "Team Biden" had access to it.

Hilarious how you respond to the fact that you and ajax are relying on lies like this one. You've gone from asserting that it wasn't tampered with to "maybe it was by the Bidens." Again, another exhibit as to why no one should really bother trying to converse with you.
“[An expert] also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.”

Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, ‘Mail,' ‘Salacious Pics Package’ and ‘Big Guy File’ — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.”

One expert likened it to a crime scene that was littered with fast-food wrappers thanks to the first police who’d arrived on the scene. That’s meant as an indictment, but it’s also generous. The first people on the scene weren’t police, in this case; they were (to extend the analogy) people aiming to obtain an indictment against a particular person.

There is still an unlittered crime scene out there. The owner of the store where Hunter Biden allegedly dropped the laptop off for repairs three years ago turned the computer over to the FBI when issued a subpoena to do so. In an interview with the right-wing media outlet “Real America’s Voice,” the owner, John Paul Mac Isaac, explained how relieved he was when the FBI came to get the laptop.

... What Mac Isaac said next, though, is what was most noteworthy. When he did his “deep dive,” he said, he “saw a lot of photos” — but “did not see a lot of photos that are being reported to [have been] seen.”

“I do know that there have been multiple attempts over the past year-and-a-half to insert questionable material into the laptop as in, not physically, but passing off this misinformation or disinformation as coming from the laptop,” he said. “And that is a major concern of mine because I have fought tooth and nail to protect the integrity of this drive and to jeopardize that is going to mean that everything that I sacrificed will be for nothing.”

In other words, Mac Isaac says that he has seen claims about what the laptop contains that don’t actually reflect what he saw on the laptop at the outset. Or, presumably, sees now, as one of the few people that might still have an unlittered copy of its contents.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... leaked-it/
Kevin,

Why do you just throw out lies and blanket statements like this. I think I’ve been to Briebart maybe once or twice, ever. I would only quote from them, if I ever have, if it was in my opinion reliable. I don’t trust the guy, never have. My “MO” is to google a topic, nets say “ Hunter Biden News.” Then there would be several stories from different sources. I then read the sources, all of them, and see if they are consistent with each other. Then I cut as past from the one that has the best back up or clear point. I always try to quote from CNN, ABC, the WP, or other liberal sources so you ( people that are deep into identity politics) don’t claim what you did above. Granted, you are not going to find many liberal sources that dig into Hunter Biden…or his father, but I try.

So that said…who are the experts in the Washington post piece Kevin…it is a fair question. Maybe they are correct, if they are I want to know. So who are these experts and what was actually tampered with…they should at least be able to match the tabloid CF?

Thanks
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:23 pm

Kevin,

Why do you just throw out lies and blanket statements like this.
Because he is profiling you based on a perceived and pervasively biased stereotype.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:

Why do you just throw out lies and blanket statements like this. I think I’ve been to Briebart maybe once or twice, ever.
Brietbart, Town Hall, Daily Caller, Daily Mail, etc etc it is all one network of fake news that relies on each other incestuously. Virtually everything you've been saying over the past few months can be sourced to one or likely all of the above.
Markk wrote:
My “MO” is to google a topic, nets say “ Hunter Biden News.”
And you're the guy who twice criticized me for "just googling things."
Then there would be several stories from different sources. I then read the sources, all of them, and see if they are consistent with each other. Then I cut as past from the one that has the best back up or clear point. I always try to quote from CNN, ABC, the WP, or other liberal sources so you ( people that are deep into identity politics) don’t claim what you did above.
And yet you don't trust those sources. You just mocked the fact that I quoted the Washington Post and demanded to know the names and credentials of the IT experts they used to analyze the HD data.
Granted, you are not going to find many liberal sources that dig into Hunter Biden…or his father, but I try.
All of them have dipped into it but only insofar as they quickly realized there was no story there unless they wanted to spin something from innuendo. Only the fake news sites on the Right are getting into that nonsense, and those are the ones you trust the most obviously because every time we present something from legit sources you act like you're seeing it for the first time. Like when Honor or Res have to put so much of your speculative nonsense into its full context.
So that said…who are the experts in the Washington post piece Kevin…it is a fair question.
I thought you google things?

"At The Post’s request, Matt Green, a Johns Hopkins University security researcher who specializes in cryptography, and Jake Williams, a forensics expert and former National Security Agency operative who once hacked the computers of foreign adversaries, separately examined two copies The Post made of the portable drive Maxey provided."

So now it is your turn. Who are the experts the Daily Mail used to determine the Laptop had NOT been tampered with?
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:10 pm
Markk wrote:

Why do you just throw out lies and blanket statements like this. I think I’ve been to Briebart maybe once or twice, ever.
Brietbart, Town Hall, Daily Caller, Daily Mail, etc etc it is all one network of fake news that relies on each other incestuously. Virtually everything you've been saying over the past few months can be sourced to one or likely all of the above.
Markk wrote:
My “MO” is to google a topic, nets say “ Hunter Biden News.”
And you're the guy who twice criticized me for "just googling things."
Then there would be several stories from different sources. I then read the sources, all of them, and see if they are consistent with each other. Then I cut as past from the one that has the best back up or clear point. I always try to quote from CNN, ABC, the WP, or other liberal sources so you ( people that are deep into identity politics) don’t claim what you did above.
And yet you don't trust those sources. You just mocked the fact that I quoted the Washington Post and demanded to know the names and credentials of the IT experts they used to analyze the HD data.
Granted, you are not going to find many liberal sources that dig into Hunter Biden…or his father, but I try.
All of them have dipped into it but only insofar as they quickly realized there was no story there unless they wanted to spin something from innuendo. Only the fake news sites on the Right are getting into that nonsense, and those are the ones you trust the most obviously because every time we present something from legit sources you act like you're seeing it for the first time. Like when Honor or Res have to put so much of your speculative nonsense into its full context.
So that said…who are the experts in the Washington post piece Kevin…it is a fair question.
I thought you google things?

"At The Post’s request, Matt Green, a Johns Hopkins University security researcher who specializes in cryptography, and Jake Williams, a forensics expert and former National Security Agency operative who once hacked the computers of foreign adversaries, separately examined two copies The Post made of the portable drive Maxey provided."

So now it is your turn. Who are the experts the Daily Mail used to determine the Laptop had NOT been tampered with?
I said you just google things until you find something that fits your narrative, in other words you do np have an ounce of objectivity.

But that’s , okay.

Okay what did Green and Williams actually find? Where did they conclude it was tampered with?

The Daily Mail does not have to prove they were tampered with or would they…they are trying to sell their rag, just as the post is.

This is why we need a independent investigation kevin.

What proof did Green and Williams find that it was tampered with…” Kevin…what was Williams conclusion as to whether or not there is evidence of tampering?”
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:32 pm

I said you just google things until you find something that fits your narrative, in other words you do np have an ounce of objectivity.

But that’s , okay.
Now you're just projecting your deficiencies onto me. I've proven I'm able to be objective and change my mind. You haven't.
Okay what did Green and Williams actually find? Where did they conclude it was tampered with?
I've already detailed that information at least three times since I first mentioned it weeks ago.
The Daily Mail does not have to prove they were tampered with or would they…they are trying to sell their rag, just as the post is.
The Daily Mail made the claim that it hadn't been tampered with. They made this claim not because they had experts validate everything. They made this claim because it isn't "like the Post." It is a fake news site that relies on gullible people like you who care more about identity politics than what's actually true.
What proof did Green and Williams find that it was tampered with…” Kevin…what was Williams conclusion as to whether or not there is evidence of tampering?”
Asked and answered, but you're trying to delay the inevitable here by acting like you just didn't get your ass handed to you on a platter.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Kevin, Actually I have been hoping you would show me the conclusion of their findings…

Like “ Neither expert reported finding evidence that individual emails or other files had been manipulated by hackers, but neither was able to rule out that possibility.“

Or

“ “No evidence of tampering was discovered, but as noted throughout, several key pieces of evidence useful in discovering tampering were not available,” Williams’ reports concluded.”

https://4state.news/heres-how-the-post- ... ns-laptop/

Or…

“Green and Williams didn’t report any evidence suggesting Biden’s emails or files were tampered with, but the Post had the caveat “neither was able to rule out that possibility.” The report goes on with a breakdown of their methodologies to analyze the drive data and authenticate cryptographic signatures where possible.“

https://www.mediaite.com/print/washingt ... ard-drive/
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

It's unlikely the laptop issue is one that falls neatly and definitively on one side of a line. Just as the COCO is simply wishing when they see every little snippet of text or post on it as evidence of Joe Biden being corrupt, it would be wrong to imagine the types of tampering seen on the laptop will prove it was all a hoax. The reality is more complicated.

That said, it isn't "both-siding" to acknowledge that. That's just choosing reality over partisan fantasy thinking. The need is to get past the innuendo and "IF this, THEN that" imaginings to the facts. As tabloids tend to do, the facts are rarely presented in the headlines and the bulk of the reports are whiplash-inducing time jumps meant to insinuate some external event has relevance to the item being reported on. Sorting though it most often shows the relationships being proposed are simply speculation for folks like Markk who think something being circumstantial evidence to their conspiracy theory is more than just confabulatory nonsense.

In the case of the most recent dump presented to us by ajax, the entire issue is obviously flawed. It tries to sucker a person in to believing Joe paid off Hunters massive bills including one tied to the holy grail of this conspiracy, China. They salivate just imagining that they can finally prove China money made it into Joe Biden's pocket which he laundered as part of a scheme involving him having a stake in a Chinese business. But the email provided explains Joe offered to pay Hunter's bills - as in his monthly payments - on a temporary basis until Hunter got his feet back under him. They want their readers to believe because one of bills being for a business deal it proves Joe knew everything about everything Hunter ever did and is in bed with China. Garbage thinking pretending their ability to exercise their imaginations in creating "CE" is what people call critical thinking. The math involved in trying to make it seem like there is money missing from nefarious sources is just another example of how folks like Markk imagine anything that doesn't look like someone working their 40 and getting their paycheck on Friday is probably dirty money.

It's meh. BUT HEY! Both ajax and Markk are welcome to prove they actually believe there is more to this and take the nipple piercing bet. I've already said I'll take my side of that bet. I've put skin in this game. Probably because I can organize information when I read but again, taking advantage of dopes is kinda the point of gambling. So...ajax? Markk?