do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:48 am
I prefer dickie carpenter jeans and tee shirts, it is the style I prefer…what style do you prefer?

Don’t be so old school, Markk. Dickies does more than carpenter’s jeans these days : D
Attachments
181F0620-A588-4DB6-A981-6FE7A92B7ADB.jpeg
181F0620-A588-4DB6-A981-6FE7A92B7ADB.jpeg (210.65 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:31 am
Markk wrote:
I prefer dickie carpenter jeans and tee shirts, it is the style I prefer…what style do you prefer?

Don’t be so old school, Markk. Dickies does more than carpenter’s jeans these days : D
My overalls are by Dickies. Is that Kaia Gerber? Sure looks like her.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:35 am

Madison Beer, actually.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:37 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:35 am

Madison Beer, actually.
No clue who that is. Thanks!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:38 am
No clue who that is. Thanks!

I’m indifferent to her music, but the Dickies look comfy.
: D
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 4:28 am
Well I certainly do now what a women is and I know what a woman is not.

Explain Androgen insensitivity.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:18 am
Chap wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 12:18 pm

Yours maybe. But the real world in which people live is more complicated. If you prefer to ignore that, fine. Doesn't bother me.
Okay so a woman is not a female? What is your definition?

I really hope Jersey Girl is following this thread…I wonder what she thinks about a bunch of men here saying there is really no such thing of a woman? Or basically a woman is just a abstract thing with no real defined role in society.
I have explained my usage of the terms male/female and man/woman in detail in a post that I copied into this thread here:

viewtopic.php?p=2779979#p2779979

And in answer to your final question: being a woman is, in my view, very largely a matter of how a person is recognised by the society around them. Read my post, and those by Jersey Girl given in answer to your queries.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:18 am
Markk wrote:

Sure…anyone can wear what ever they like anywhere they want when appropriate. Men and women at my work must wear long pants and leather steel toed boots per our saftey rules. I wouldn’t recommend a brown dress accepting the best actor award, maybe a yellow silk might be better.

I prefer dickie carpenter jeans and tee shirts, it is the style I prefer.
Ok, so we've determined that anyone can wear a dress at their own choosing, whenever, environmental factors mitigating. No societal norms need interfere and their biological sex has no bearing on that. Cool.

So lets look at a different norm to confirm we continue to share an underlying understanding. In your opinion, were a member of a couple to be given an opportunity to accept a big promotion in their career but need to relocate to take it, expectations about how they should make the decision to relocate wouldn't be weighted differently depending on if the person had a vagina or a penis? Presuming that having one or the other was not otherwise necessary for any other reason, of course.
There are way to many variables to that question. Depending on the roles, current commitments, excepted responsibilities would all need to be weighed, discussed, and then decided by the couple if a non selfish decision were to be made. Men and women are certainly different and certain things might fall into your question depending on the person,their personalities, how they were raised, what culture they belong to demands.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:31 am
Markk wrote:

Those are old school mechanics Dickies…what really cool is dickies now makes a stretchy version of carpenter jeans that are really comfortable…my new jean of choice

https://www.amazon.com/Dickies-Active-5 ... 154&sr=8-8
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Chap wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:35 am
Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:18 am

Okay so a woman is not a female? What is your definition?

I really hope Jersey Girl is following this thread…I wonder what she thinks about a bunch of men here saying there is really no such thing of a woman? Or basically a woman is just a abstract thing with no real defined role in society.
I have explained my usage of the terms male/female and man/woman in detail in a post that I copied into this thread here:

viewtopic.php?p=2779979#p2779979

And in answer to your final question: being a woman is, in my view, very largely a matter of how a person is recognised by the society around them. Read my post, and those by Jersey Girl given in answer to your queries.
Okay, so in your view a man can be a woman if you want them to be. I don’t see it that way.