do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:30 pm

Okay, so in your view a man can be a woman if you want them to be. I don’t see it that way.
Explain androgen insensitivity.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:25 pm
Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:37 pm

Okay we agree…

It is a discussion board, and gad started the thread…why don’t you ask them. The information is mixed…and confused to say the least. Do you have a problem with folks that want to discuss this? No one is making you read this.
You are not even responding directly to the words I wrote above.

I made the post to you because you are repeatedly asking folks what a woman is.

I gave you the definition that you've asked for repeatedly and note that you've been provided with these definitions throughout the thread by myself and others and you ignore them in favor of going around in circles like someone going in and out of a heroin nod instead of giving serious and thoughtful consideration to what people are trying to say to you in good faith.

Now you are lamely discussing this is a discussion board, why don't I ask them, do I have a problem with folks who want to discuss this, no one is making me read this.

Because you either cannot see what you yourself are doing to deflect the information you are receiving and USING it to learn or you're just content to go around in circles forever.

This is why the threads you are on tend to spin for 50-75 additional pages where if you had actually taken UP the topic you'd get some place with said topic. Instead you go until you get bored or people get bored trying to participate with you and...you start yet another thread that goes around in circles...forever and ever, Amen.

So. Taking a break again. I'm not going to stress over this B.S.. B.S. is exactly what it is.
Yes you should take a break.

One reason the threads I am on are larger, is because I challenge the collective. When the Borg are settled in, and not being disturbed…there is no need for longer threads because the hive mind is one. When disturbed, they become alive in attempts to assimilate outsiders into the collective. Critical thought is a terrible thing to a drone, and at all costs the invader must assimilate. I know you are out of sorts, so if you don’t understand what i just wrote…don’t try too.

Folks that talk with me must like it, or they wouldn’t…so why should you a care…this is what I mean when I refer to you as a nanny, you just can’t help yourself from doing so. If this stresses you out…find another hobbie, making leather wallets, or paper mache might be a better less stressful hobbie for you.

Love you
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:39 am
Markk wrote:

Okay, so in your view a man can be a woman if you want them to be. I don’t see it that way.
Explain androgen insensitivity.
From what I have read affects male babies…It is a inherited disease which women can’t get, but can pass on the X chromosome complication, again from what I have read, that basically retards the growth and development of the affected male’s genitals.

You must know more about this than me, and must have a driving point, so let me know what that is and please do expand on my understanding of this disease.

Thanks a interesting read

https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/ ... e-partial/
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Chap wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:41 pm
Markk wrote:
Okay, so in your view a man can be a woman if you want them to be.
Nearly there, but not quite. Here's the nub of it again:

Whether a human body is male or female is in 99% of cases easy to decide on scientific grounds. We can surgically modify a body to make a male body look female, and vice versa, but the underlying biological sex (most basically expressed in chromosomes) stays the same.

I am in favour of being nice and tolerant to (say) people born with a male body who tell us they want to dress, act, be named, and so on as women rather than men, and the same thing applies to people born with a female body who tell us they want to dress, act, be named, and so on as men rather than women.

You don't have to agree with me, but I'd appreciate it if you would not caricature or misrepresent my views.

(Yes, DrC - hope springs eternal ...)
I am trying to just figure out what ours and other views are on this, and it is slowly coming out…I am not misrepresenting anyone Chap…I am staying in line with the OP topic of what a women is by definition…which is being stepped around and avoided.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Markk wrote:Okay you don’t know what a woman is, I do.
That's great news, Mark. So what's your definition of a woman? I mean, if you know what a woman is, shouldn't you be able to provide a definition, rather than a tautology? female=woman=girl?
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Morley wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:36 pm
What's a woman?

I'm reminded of the perennial question: "What is art?" Though difficult to define, the short answer is that art is that which society recognizes as art. Needless to say, the designation is entirely contextual.

Approaching it that way, a woman is that which society recognizes as woman. Which is why there's such a tempest over the definition. Like the term marriage, some folks want in, some folks want out, while others want to build barriers around the term.
Morley, art is an expression, a woman is a biological being, not a subjective abstract object. I can’t believe women will put up with the discrimination that is being thrown at this.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:48 am

Folks that talk with me must like it, or they wouldn’t…so why should you a care…this is what I mean when I refer to you as a nanny, you just can’t help yourself from doing so. If this stresses you out…find another hobbie, making leather wallets, or paper mache might be a better less stressful hobbie for you.

Love you
TWO days ago I told you on this very thread that I was ILL. You can't recall what you read TWO freaking days ago and you think the problem is me.

Watching you twirl around in an intellectual haze is frustrating to normal people who are attempting to communicate with you much less someone who is recovering from an illness.

The threads you are on don't go long because you are challenging the collective. :roll: They go long because you can't keep on track for more than 1-2 posts and then before resolving an exchange you throw more crap into the mix.

Sheesh.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri May 06, 2022 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Morley wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:36 pm
What's a woman?

I'm reminded of the perennial question: "What is art?" Though difficult to define, the short answer is that art is that which society recognizes as art. Needless to say, the designation is entirely contextual.

Approaching it that way, a woman is that which society recognizes as woman. Which is why there's such a tempest over the definition. Like the term marriage, some folks want in, some folks want out, while others want to build barriers around the term.
Art is a form of self expression.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:59 am
Markk wrote:Okay you don’t know what a woman is, I do.
That's great news, Mark. So what's your definition of a woman? I mean, if you know what a woman is, shouldn't you be able to provide a definition, rather than a tautology? female=woman=girl?
LOL read the thread gad, I have given the definition in different ways from different generations all stating the same definition. From the dictionary to the legal definition.

This might help you a bit if I put it this way…A woman is a female adult human being…a Man is a adult male human being. When a man puts his penis into a woman vagina, and through natural effort can plant his “seed” into the woman in order to fertilize her egg. In around nine months, if everything goes right, a child is born by the woman, again a female human being. The child if normal and healthy will be either female, or male…and if they survive to adulthood, they will either become an adult woman or an adult man.

These may help you also

https://www.babycenter.com/getting-preg ... t-sex_7056

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/a ... g-pregnant

https://www.pregnancybirthbaby.org.au/w ... childbirth
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 2:15 am
Markk wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:48 am

Love you
TWO days ago I told you on this very thread that I was ILL. You can't recall what you read TWO freaking days ago and you think the problem is me.

Watching you twirl around in an intellectual haze is frustrating to normal people who are attempting to communicate with you much less someone who is recovering from an illness.

The threads you are on don't go long because you are challenging the collective. :roll: They go long because you can't keep on track for more than 1-2 posts and then before resolving an exchange you throw more crap into the mix.

Sheesh.

LOL…Love you Jersey Girl..have a nice night