Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by honorentheos »

Xenophon wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 6:59 pm
We did have the same one though so I suspect the sequence is set based on the day you started, so likely tomorrow you and I will have the same country again.
Sounds like that is the case. I also just found out about it so you'll likely get the one I had today soon.

The app is not perfect so I think you can delete your previous guess on accident by clicking on the "X" even after you get it right.
Last edited by honorentheos on Wed May 04, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 6:59 pm
Also, curious what you thought of it as a puzzle? It's more difficult for me than the Wordle. Providing the distance from the guess to the solution has shown me I started with a poor sense of how far apart most places are from one another. But I get more from the process as a result than the Wordle.
It's hard for me to judge, I got very lucky with my first country and didn't need to do any guessing but I don't suspect that will hold true for long. Scale can be tough especially with the high variability of country sizes and I'm not sure how much help it will be for me.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Mine today was 123.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:35 pm
Mine today was 123.
I crashed and burned on my first attempt. I shall strive to improve.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:29 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 7:35 pm
Mine today was 123.
I also bombed on my first one. Had no idea from the shape, flag or clues. I did manage to get closer geographically between the first three and final guess but even a sixth guess wouldn't have helped.

The island question was much easier. In no small part due to familiarity. But even if one isn't familiar with th country I also think the clues will be more helpful.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:42 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:29 pm

I also bombed on my first one. Had no idea from the shape, flag or clues. I did manage to get closer geographically between the first three and final guess but even a sixth guess wouldn't have helped.

The island question was much easier. In no small part due to familiarity. But even if one isn't familiar with th country I also think the clues will be more helpful.
Yeah, I got close. But more guesses wouldn't have helped.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bombed the one I got today. An example of a country where I have never heard of it so I'd never guess it's location short of just clicking on names if guesses were unlimited. I was able to get to the correct part of the world easily enough but then I proved to have no real knowledge to rely on to do anything with that.

Very humbling.
Xenophon

Post by Xenophon »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 12:40 pm
Bombed the one I got today. An example of a country where I have never heard of it so I'd never guess it's location short of just clicking on names if guesses were unlimited. I was able to get to the correct part of the world easily enough but then I proved to have no real knowledge to rely on to do anything with that.

Very humbling.
Easier one today for me, much more well-known country with a fairly distinctive shape and flag. The pain is coming though, I'm sure
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Xenophon

Post by Xenophon »

Well it was bound to happen but I had absolutely no clue about today's country. I was able to get the right region and that was about it. I suppose I should have known the country due to some fleeting connection with Mormonism but I did not. The good news is that means I got to learn a little and do a little wikipedia rabbit holing.
He/Him

― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Xenophon wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 1:41 pm
Well it was bound to happen but I had absolutely no clue about today's country. I was able to get the right region and that was about it. I suppose I should have known the country do to some fleeting connection with Mormonism but I did not. The good news is that means I got to learn a little and do a little wikipedia rabbit holing.
Ok, that confirms it. That was mine yesterday.

I am embarrassed it took me to the last try today. The flag looked familiar and the outline...man. I'm bad at this. But it's informative. Bombing the one you had today led me to read up on it. Very interesting.