Book Suggestions: No Man Knows My History?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Book Suggestions: No Man Knows My History?

Post by Res Ipsa »

cinepro wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 2:49 am
FYI, this post appears to be in response to my comments over at the other board, where I noted the high-regard exMos feel towards Brodie's book.

https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/74 ... 1210093374

Hyperbole notwithstanding, thank you for proving me wrong...?
I’ve never read it. :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
cinepro
CTR B

Post by cinepro »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:09 pm
Well, a lot of Mormons have never read their scriptures either, so that doesn't necessarily disprove the point...
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

cinepro wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 11:09 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:09 pm
Well, a lot of Mormons have never read their scriptures either, so that doesn't necessarily disprove the point...
I saw the original post after Huck and Xeno replied and thought they covered it. If the OP had contributed I may have added a few thoughts more. It's the first book I read after the cracks appeared and led me to wonder how much was accurate in it, how much not. It marked a meaningful milestone in my life journey for that reason. I followed it up with In Sacred Loneliness and Mormon Enigma which combined had contradictions and collaboration. Then I met Dr. Peterson online...Anyway, the instinct to praise anything excessively seems foreign unless it's True Detective Season 1. That is a hill I'd die on.