Mississippi Governor says he will force children and incest victims to give birth

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: Mississippi Governor says he will force children and incest victims to give birth

Post by Binger »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:56 pm
In my view premarital sex should be illegal. Parents should have to prove their ability to earn a living and provide for a child before they're allowed to make babies.
Bridge to far. Way, way, way way way too far.
K Graham
God

Re: Mississippi Governor says he will force children and incest victims to give birth

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:27 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:06 pm
ajax, should the government compel you to surrender your body to another individual, to use it as they please against your will?
Do you think any abortions should be illegal under any circumstances?
Abortions have never been legal under any circumstance. The fact that you would even bother with this strawman demonstrates your abject ignorance on abortion.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
In my view premarital sex should be illegal.

Then all the Republican men would be in jail.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
What’s your opinion on my question? Do you believe that the government should compel you to surrender your body to another individual, to use it as they please against your will?
Isn't that what the draft is for men?

I'm not convinced that the sin is about preserving life. I believe premarital sex is an abuse of our procreative powers that God has given us. This is why it's a sin only second in severity to murder. In my view premarital sex should be illegal. Parents should have to prove their ability to earn a living and provide for a child before they're allowed to make babies.

That seems very problematic from the standpoint of government control over your person. That’s even stricter than China’s failed One Child policy. As well, it doesn’t address some circumstances that I just mentioned in the previous post (death of a parent, job loss during pregnancy, etc.).

It also doesn’t answer the question that I asked. Do you believe that the government should compel you to surrender your body to another individual, to use it as they please against your will?
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Chap wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:01 pm
K Graham wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 2:53 pm
Republicans fought tooth and nail to prevent the expansion of birth control, the only measure known to effectively reduce abortion rates. Abortion dropped dramatically after Obamacare expanded access.
But ... people who are not married having sex is against God's will. The state should not pay to enable those who commit sins to avoid the natural consequences of their wicked lustfulness.
Like I said:
ajax18 wrote:
I believe premarital sex is an abuse of our procreative powers that God has given us. This is why it's a sin only second in severity to murder. In my view premarital sex should be illegal.

See? I was not making it up.

And he goes on to say:
ajax18 wrote:
Parents should have to prove their ability to earn a living and provide for a child before they're allowed to make babies.
Notice how the existence of highly effective forms of contraception is ignored here. That kind of thing has to be forbidden, since it rather spoils one of the big reasons for not allowing people to have sex for the expression of affection, or just for having fun.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Parents should have to prove their ability to earn a living and provide for a child before they're allowed to make babies.
So when Mom or Dad become disabled and lose their primary source of income (whatever that may be) who do they return the child to since they can't make good on their agreement as per you?

Something like an Amazon distribution center only for children whose parents couldn't continue to provide financially?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

just like election fraud laws, abortion laws or morality laws in general are going to hurt right-wingers more than the left. All those good country folk out there have the highest teen pregnancy rates.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Notice how the existence of highly effective forms of contraception is ignored here.
Tell that to Canpakes. The reason contraception doesn't work is because the female sex drive is to have babies not just hump. Most of these pregnancies have nothing to do with the availability of contraception. Contraception has been available for quite some time. It hasn't lowered teenage pregnancy rates nor stopped lazy and irresponsible people from reproducing themselves and leaving society to foot the bill for raising the child.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Binger wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 5:57 pm
ajax18 wrote:
In my view premarital sex should be illegal. Parents should have to prove their ability to earn a living and provide for a child before they're allowed to make babies.
Bridge to far. Way, way, way way way too far.
I know it is. But young boys need to grow up knowing that their fantasy of women who just want to have sex with no strings attached is just that, a fantasy. Nothing is free.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

-_-

In ‘ethic cleansing, Adolf Hitler’ ‘s worldview forcing kids to have babies will reduce teen pregnancy, and alleviate society’s cost to raise them.

Good ****ing Lord GQP’ers are ****ing morons.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.