do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:17 pm
What I am saying is that a male and or female fetus has been skewed and messed up.And as a result have a mixed bag of genes.
Just imagine

Daughter: Dad, am I a woman?

Father: No honey, you are not a real woman, you are skewed and messed up. You have a mixed bag of genes, deal with it.
Markk wrote:
A biological woman/female is the being that naturally conceive and brings for other beings
And everyone else has a fake biological sex? Okay, Markk!
Markk wrote:
You have been waffling back and forth so what you position is difficult at best to understand. So once again please summarize your position, as i have, in that we have pretty much gone full circle.
But why do you want to know my "position"? I came here to simply ask questions.

Would it be appropriate for a boy with complete androgen insensitivity to change in the boys locker room? Or to be shirtless in a beach?

Markk wrote:
Which does not in anyway keep us from defining what a “heathy unimpaired” male or female is.
If that is your position, then there is nothing else for me to say. Your position is consistent with modern science. However, it is a Dick position to take.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 pm
dantana wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:07 am
You know, sometimes I scratch my head a bit when trying to imagine the finer tunings of evolution, survival of the fittest, etc. In a lot of species, and especially homo sapiens, the males are bigger, stronger, faster. Didn't women persons with vaginas creatures that ovulate have to outrun tiggers too?
The ole godfather of natural evolution, Mr. Darwin, held that there are instances (like with some types of birds), that male characteristics within a species were because of "beauty preference selection." In other words, males looked the way they did because females found those characteristics aesthetically pleasing, and not because they were an aspect of "fitness" or served an evolutionary advantage.

Maybe that's why there is such a huge variety in the physical attributes of male humans. While there is undoubtedly a stereotypical male appearance that many (most?) females (and males) find appealing -- Chris Hemsworth, anyone?... *swoon* -- with the much more complicated brains of humans perhaps comes a much wider and individualized preference for aesthetics.

Basically, maybe it's not so much about natural selection favoring males who could outrun tiggers (while leaving the females behind as fodder), but more about what human females found to be beautiful during the formative evolutionary beginnings of our species.

Or maybe aliens did it. *shrug*
Thanks Stu! Very good.

We just did start filling the bird feeders and the example is obvious in the black headed Grosbeak. I saw Chris out there. I even think I saw Eric Bana.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

dantana wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 10:33 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:48 pm

The ole godfather of natural evolution, Mr. Darwin, held that there are instances (like with some types of birds), that male characteristics within a species were because of "beauty preference selection." In other words, males looked the way they did because females found those characteristics aesthetically pleasing, and not because they were an aspect of "fitness" or served an evolutionary advantage.

Maybe that's why there is such a huge variety in the physical attributes of male humans. While there is undoubtedly a stereotypical male appearance that many (most?) females (and males) find appealing -- Chris Hemsworth, anyone?... *swoon* -- with the much more complicated brains of humans perhaps comes a much wider and individualized preference for aesthetics.

Basically, maybe it's not so much about natural selection favoring males who could outrun tiggers (while leaving the females behind as fodder), but more about what human females found to be beautiful during the formative evolutionary beginnings of our species.

Or maybe aliens did it. *shrug*
Thanks Stu! Very good.

We just did start filling the bird feeders and the example is obvious in the black headed Grosbeak. I saw Chris out there. I even think I saw Eric Bana.
What is it about birds this year? Our bird feeders are attracting a much larger variety than usual. Stunning finches, red-bellied woodpeckers, downies, cardinals, blue jays, chipping sparrows, etc. and the colors are brilliant!! If color is what attracts a mate, this year must be setting records.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:11 am
dantana wrote:

Thanks Stu! Very good.

What is it about birds this year? Our bird feeders are attracting a much larger variety than usual. Stunning finches, red-bellied woodpeckers, downies, cardinals, blue jays, chipping sparrows, etc. and the colors are brilliant!! If color is what attracts a mate, this year must be setting records.
That’s awesome for both of you. Out here in Utah my wife and I have bird watching with foldouts and a book to identify our friends when they show up. We also like to go to a nature park nearby and birdwatch while we smoke and joke. I’m glad you brought this up since we’ve been intending to get some feeders and a bird bath now that we have our yard in order. I can’t wait to see what shows up.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Marcus wrote:
dantana wrote:

Thanks Stu! Very good.

Perhaps Flying Colors are becoming more prevalent; below is a quote and link that will frustrate most.

Re: I Fled My Ward
https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtop ... 65#p955965
BeNotDeceived wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:41 am
[youtube]gycYRQ8yAb0[/youtube]

KNBA, again.
Speaking of names and deep subjects.
I woke a few moment ago, just prior to 3:30 alarm.
AU is the symbol for gold, and adding it would be an exact match.
Weirdness indeed abounds, which you seem to likewise appreciate.

Perhaps deep, but not profound is more than the mere name of a game. :geek:
Anyways, search 4more and/or March8 to find related posts.

AU was the first of many Flying Colors that showed evidence that a suspecting Davidic Servant passed muster.

AU was contained within Mrs. Spy’s name, that had eluded my comprehension.

Perhaps you’ll see small patterns that develop your ability to the point that you may see something similar that is summarized at the link in me profile.

8-) I just noticed the quote date is 8/15, is my dad’s bday.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 am
Marcus wrote:

That’s awesome for both of you. Out here in Utah my wife and I have bird watching with foldouts and a book to identify our friends when they show up. We also like to go to a nature park nearby and birdwatch while we smoke and joke. I’m glad you brought this up since we’ve been intending to get some feeders and a bird bath now that we have our yard in order. I can’t wait to see what shows up.

- Doc
Oh thank goodness an actual series of sincere exchanges on this thread! I have only this one thing to offer at the moment. Yesterday I saw my first ever Chickadee. These are allegedly common in CO but I've never once seen one in over 3 decades of living here until yesterday.

Loved. It.

We have a dicey relationship with feeders here. I want to put out the Hummingbird feeders (because they are active now) but when the bears get going and start roaming around...they want the feeders. Such is the dilemma.

We'll live from it.

I want to try for Orioles but that also raises bear concerns.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 1:52 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 12:27 am

- Doc
Oh thank goodness an actual series of sincere exchanges on this thread! I have only this one thing to offer at the moment. Yesterday I saw my first ever Chickadee. These are allegedly common in CO but I've never once seen one in over 3 decades of living here until yesterday.

Loved. It.

We have a dicey relationship with feeders here. I want to put out the Hummingbird feeders (because they are active now) but when the bears get going and start roaming around...they want the feeders. Such is the dilemma.

We'll live from it.

I want to try for Orioles but that also raises bear concerns.
On an outrageously smaller scale, we deal with squirrels. My spouse ran a couple of lines so that if a squirrel came down from the top, it would touch both, get a mild shock, and jump off. The lines aren’t close enough for a bird to touch both. It’s quite ingenious!! The squirrels learned fast and no longer access the feeder. They eat the leftovers on the ground, and get along very amicably with all the birds at that level.

I don’t think this plan scales up, though, so I have no bear advice. 8-)
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Themis wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 2:01 pm
Markk wrote:
A biological woman/female is the being that naturally conceive and brings for other beings…I have said this several ways
I know a number of biological woman/females that cannot conceive. I suspect in reality you would still consider them women.
Yes because of medical reasons they can not conceive, and still women. . But at least you know what a biological woman is…why are these women you know biological women? Define them please.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:31 am
Themis wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 2:01 pm

I know a number of biological woman/females that cannot conceive. I suspect in reality you would still consider them women.
Yes because of medical reasons they can not conceive, and still women. . But at least you know what a biological woman is…why are these women you know biological women? Define them please.
You don’t even know what a biological woman is, since you’ve missed he mark (no pun intended) so many times it’s hard to take your facile statements and demands of others to prove they know what a woman is seriously. Simone de Beauvoir (a French philosopher known for The Second Sex) asserted that “one is not born, but rather becomes a woman.” She grasped how the raw facts of our bodies at birth are operated on by social processes to transform each of us into the people we become.

In other words, a woman becomes a woman, not by biology alone, but by how the world shapes her into being. Whether she’s composed of 90% female dna and hormones or 40%, really depends on how she feels, how she presents, and how the world makes her who she is. Stop being a dick.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:31 am

Markk, it sounds like you don't know what to believe anymore. You say things like "which is typically assigned by the doctor or they can identify as being intersexual" and "A male fetus that contracts CAIS, has herniated testicles…which if left alone could lead to cancer for the person, whether they chose to identify either as a male of a female"

So do you now believe that gender is a social construct?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Thu May 12, 2022 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: