do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:46 am

In other words, a woman becomes a woman, not by biology alone, but by how the world shapes her into being.
and evolutionary psychology.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 9:12 pm
Markk wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:17 pm
What I am saying is that a male and or female fetus has been skewed and messed up.And as a result have a mixed bag of genes.
Just imagine

Daughter: Dad, am I a woman?

Father: No honey, you are not a real woman, you are skewed and messed up. You have a mixed bag of genes, deal with it.
Markk wrote:
A biological woman/female is the being that naturally conceive and brings for other beings
And everyone else has a fake biological sex? Okay, Markk!
Markk wrote:
You have been waffling back and forth so what you position is difficult at best to understand. So once again please summarize your position, as i have, in that we have pretty much gone full circle.
But why do you want to know my "position"? I came here to simply ask questions.

Would it be appropriate for a boy with complete androgen insensitivity to change in the boys locker room? Or to be shirtless in a beach?

Markk wrote:
Which does not in anyway keep us from defining what a “heathy unimpaired” male or female is.
If that is your position, then there is nothing else for me to say. Your position is consistent with modern science. However, it is a Dick position to take.
Just imagine

Daughter: Dad, am I a woman?

Father: No honey, you are not a real woman, you are skewed and messed up. You have a mixed bag of genes, deal with it.
Well, their genes are mixed up, that is why they call it intersexual. No one is saying such a ridiculous scenario…that is just a desperate response by you.

Like the person with CAIS or PAIS, they will have to make a choice as to what sex they will identify as. But biologically they are not alone one sex, or maybe better put both sexes. What sex are they DT?
And everyone else has a fake biological sex? Okay, Markk!
Who is everyone else…so far we have discussed people with a variation or disorder (intersex), or biological males with a disease….? I never said anything about a fake biological sex, those are your words.

But why do you want to know my "position"? I came here to simply ask questions.
LOL…it works both ways DT, why wouldn’t you want to answer the question, you are not just simply asking question, we are debating a topic, so please answer my request and summarize your position. If you can’t fine, just say so.
If that is your position, then there is nothing else for me to say. Your position is consistent with modern science. However, it is a Dick position to take.
So what I am saying is true…you asked me questions, and I answered truthfully. And yet relating and understanding the science is a “dick” position to take. No one is saying that these folks can’t identify as a sex they biologically are not…I certainly support that…but should we just ignore the truth on this and the science that is making their choices more”better” to make?

You have called me names, which is okay I understand, you insinuated a lot of things about me, and now you tell me what I have been saying all along is consistent with science?

You stated ”of course “ when I asked you if you were a biological male and man….so “Why? What make you a biological male/man?” …please answer the question.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Markk wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:31 am

Yes because of medical reasons they can not conceive, and still women. . But at least you know what a biological woman is…why are these women you know biological women? Define them please.
You don’t even know what a biological woman is, since you’ve missed he mark (no pun intended) so many times it’s hard to take your facile statements and demands of others to prove they know what a woman is seriously. Simone de Beauvoir (a French philosopher known for The Second Sex) asserted that “one is not born, but rather becomes a woman.” She grasped how the raw facts of our bodies at birth are operated on by social processes to transform each of us into the people we become.

In other words, a woman becomes a woman, not by biology alone, but by how the world shapes her into being. Whether she’s composed of 90% female dna and hormones or 40%, really depends on how she feels, how she presents, and how the world makes her who she is. Stop being a dick.

- Doc

Have you read the book you quoted from? And what makes her an authority and benchmark for this debate?

You mention “not by biology alone” so what part of a woman is attributed to biology, and what part by ones social environment?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:44 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

You don’t even know what a biological woman is, since you’ve missed he mark (no pun intended) so many times it’s hard to take your facile statements and demands of others to prove they know what a woman is seriously. Simone de Beauvoir (a French philosopher known for The Second Sex) asserted that “one is not born, but rather becomes a woman.” She grasped how the raw facts of our bodies at birth are operated on by social processes to transform each of us into the people we become.

In other words, a woman becomes a woman, not by biology alone, but by how the world shapes her into being. Whether she’s composed of 90% female dna and hormones or 40%, really depends on how she feels, how she presents, and how the world makes her who she is. Stop being a dick.

- Doc

Have you read the book you quoted from? And what makes her an authority and benchmark for this debate?

You mention “not by biology alone” so what part of a woman is attributed to biology, and what part by ones social environment?
Of course I read it. I owned it. Also, lol@what makes her an authority. -_-

Man, you don’t really have a grasp on the people who post here, do you? As to your nonsense follow-up questions, QED.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:56 am
Markk wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:44 am

Of course I read it. I owned it. Also, lol@what makes her an authority. -_-

Man, you don’t really have a grasp on the people who post here, do you? As to your nonsense follow-up questions, QED.

- Doc
I know they ask a lot of questions… but except for a few, refuse to answer them when asked?

So, what does she mean by biology alone, or where those your words…after all you read the book, please elaborate?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:17 am
. But biologically they are not alone one sex, or maybe better put both sexes.
Imagine

Daughter: Dad, I am going to marry John in the temple.

Father: Please don't sweetheart, you are a biological male with CAIS. You have to go on a two-year mission.
Markk wrote:
Who is everyone else…so far we have discussed people with a variation or disorder (intersex), or biological males with a disease….? I never said anything about a fake biological sex, those are your words.
Or no biological sex?
Markk wrote:
you are not just simply asking question, we are debating a topic, so please answer my request and summarize your position. If you can’t fine, just say so.
What exactly are we debating? I am simply asking questions, not here for a debate.
Markk wrote:
And yet relating and understanding the science is a “dick” position to take.
I said your position is consistent with science. You are defining a biological woman as someone who can reproduce and has "XX"chromosomes, there is nothing in science that disproves your dick view. Your view is just a description Markk. Does that make sense?
Markk wrote:
What make you a biological male/man?
It all depends on the way you define "biological male". What is the scientific consensus on the definition of "biological male"?

"The increasing understanding and acceptance of intersex and gender non-conforming people exemplifies how scientists and society still have a lot to learn about biological sex and the ways sex determination occurs in humans."
https://embryo.asu.edu/pages/sex-determination-humans
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Thu May 12, 2022 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
that is just a desperate response by you.

I am not debating you Markk :lol:

Why would I be desperate? You are not doing a good job at explaining things.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 3:56 am

- Doc
Markk just said, "Like the person with CAIS or PAIS, they will have to make a choice as to what sex they will identify as"

The guy obviously doesn't know what to believe.
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 2:31 am
Yes because of medical reasons they can not conceive, and still women. . But at least you know what a biological woman is…why are these women you know biological women? Define them please.
You mean medical reasons like having the Y gene or other genetic and developmental conditions that did not have all the parts necessary to conceive? Why should that disqualify them the term woman or female? The ancients who you have referenced in this discussion never would have. Most of what they looked for in a newborn was if they had a penis or vagina.

The genetic condition has been brought up a lot where someone with the XY may for various reasons not develop male body parts, but female body parts. Now these body parts are just as female as any other female, but they tend to lack all the parts to conceive. If it's parts like a vagina they are almost always classified as female by the ancients and even today. Why should they with female body parts be denied being defined as woman when they grow up and have lived as females their whole life?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 4:51 am
Markk wrote:
that is just a desperate response by you.

I am not debating you Markk :lol:

Why would I be desperate? You are not doing a good job at explaining things.
LOL…we are certainly going back and forth debating an issue, asserting our views and in turn defending our views. It might not be a formal debate, but we are certainly debating the issue…if you would like to call it a discussion, argument, shared opinions, that is also fine with me.

You have been desperate in that you started this “discussion” with a question that you were not prepared to discuss…and a topic you cannot even offer a summery or conclusions for the arguments you have posted about the question. If you were just asking a simple question, why did you push back at my answers? At least be somewhat honest here.