2000 Mules - A Fiction by Dinesh D'Souza

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

2000 Mules - A Fiction by Dinesh D'Souza

Post by K Graham »

This is Dinesh D'Souza's latest film aiming to prove 400,000 votes were illegally cast during the 2020 election. This is the same guy who was convicted of campaign finance fraud and was subsequently pardoned by Trump. Now he's returning the favor with yet another easily debunked piece of nonsense that is going to be shown in theaters across the country. One of my idiot friends on Facebook sent me a PM with a link to it saying this is "a must watch." I'm banking on the assumption that people like ajax have already seen it, probably several times over, given his recent remarks about the election being stolen.

The faulty premise of the ‘2,000 mules’ trailer about voting by mail in the 2020 election
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: 2000 Mules - A Fiction by Dinesh D'Souza

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

eta: https://2000mules.com/

I think it's fair to say that our political system is unraveling - by design. Had the current state of affairs been described to me a couple of decades ago, I would’ve scoffed at what would be described. Deep ideological divisions driven by hyperpartisans - wokesters and GQP’ers running roughshod over our national interests, a population that is largely ignorant of underlying Constitutional principles, the ubiquitousness of false "facts" and narratives, a plethora of insane conspiracy theories, and the concerning realization that our system of checks and balances is not sufficient to quell the darker tendencies that are emerging - populism and authoritarianism.

The kinds of reforms needed to right-size the current environment’s trajectory, such as elimination of the Electoral College, campaign finance reform, strengthening restraints on the Executive Branch, term limits for Congress, and reform of the Supreme Court aren’t going to happen, and I fret a bit for current and future generations.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Fri May 13, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

It could be that you have too many checks and balances. They make all of your institutions so weak that the only hope for enacting significant change of any kind is to gain control of House, Senate, Presidency, courts, and a lot of State governments all at once. When the only way to score at all is to hit a perfect home run, everyone swings for the fences every time.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I wouldn't say it proves voter fraud was significant enough to overturn the results of the 2020 election. But the idea that the 2020 election was the least fraudulent and cleanest election ever is the height of partisan propaganda. The video does demonstrate some real questions about ballot harvesting. Going out and pressuring people to vote or in many cases just voting in the name of old and demented people who wouldn't have otherwise voted is not right. We need a single election day with actual voter ID. Democrats using taxpayer or Soros money to go around and collect hundreds of votes from people who otherwise wouldn't have come to the polls is fraud and it's already illegal. Yes you can mail a few votes for your immediate family but not hundreds of people as the cell phone data shows is likely what the Democrat ground game was doing. How else did Joe Biden get 12 million more votes than Barack Obama? And how else did Donald Trump get more votes than any other losing president (more votes than he got in 2016)? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the big picture of what happened. It's just hard to nail it down beyond a reasonable doubt in the courtroom before partisan justices.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:06 pm
How else did Joe Biden get 12 million more votes than Barack Obama?
There were 27,660,088 more voting age Americans**, and an increase of 4.9% in voting turnout between the two elections. The age demographic where the increase happened is the only age demographic that Democrats have a double-digit voting advantage.
And how else did Donald Trump get more votes than any other losing president (more votes than he got in 2016)?
Same as above. Larger voting population (an additional 8 million people voting age), and increased turnout (over 7%).

**ETA: 25,933,674 eligible voter increase.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

There were 27,660,088 more voting age Americans, and an increase of 4.9% in voting turnout between the two elections.
Perhaps the Pope's concerns over people not having kids anymore are unfounded. I predict that in spite of the horrendous results of Bidenflation, global wars, more COVID deaths than Trump, $6/gallon gas, the Democrats may actually gain some ground in the House and Senate and will certainly hold onto the presidency. The results of your policies don't matter as long as you keep the border open and unenforced. They'll be able to legalize more than enough low skilled, poorly educated, economic refugees, and new Democrat voters to hit Physics guys authoritarian home run without formally repealing all checks and balances. As I predicted many years ago, say good bye to your American standard of living. Say hello being just another Latin American country.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

say hello being just another Latin American country.
that is far more likely with a Trump-like authoritarian in charge.

you seem to be a stressed out person. one thing you might try one day is to try to find better answers to your problems.

It's stressful enough to live through a Pandemic, but that plus believing it was caused by Bill Gates and Dr. Fauci and all vaccine providers are in cahoots -- why do that to yourself if you have the native ability to get better information?

I mean, if you don't really believe in things like "bidenflation" and therefore it causes you no stress, you're just trying to get under the skin of people you don't like, fine. I get that. But if you're really invested in some of these things you say as much as it seems like, you're not doing yourself any favors.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Who hired undocumented Latino and Hispanic workers? Trump or Biden?

You’ll notice that “ethnic cleansing, Adolf Hitler’ was, once again, spectacularly wrong regarding his dumb as dog *** assertion/insinuation ref voters. Every_****ing_time.

-_-

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

And how else did Donald Trump get more votes than any other losing president
Out of pure curiosity, I went diving back through time (to Humphrey's loss).

Carter got more votes than any other losing President.
Mondale got more votes than any other losing President.
Bush Sr. got more votes than any other losing President.
Dole got more votes than any other losing President.
Gore got more votes than any other losing President.
Kerry got more votes than any other losing President.
McCain got more votes than any other losing President.
Romney got more votes than any other losing President.
Clinton got more votes than any other losing President.

and... Trump got more votes than any other losing President.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Do you predict voter turnout to be even higher n 2024? I guess Biden has let in over 3 million illegal immigrants in just the past year. That's not even counting refugees and legal immigrants.