Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: Fictitious Priesthood Ordination Ages of the Patriarchs NOW Exposed!

Post by Shulem »

Ryan Larsen wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:37 pm
Shulem wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:24 pm

Clearly you can see that the ages Smith used for priesthood ordination don’t follow a consistent methodology and one number suddenly is better than another number for no reason at all. From what I see in the manuscripts there is truly a sense of disjointed inconsistency.
It does look like there’s more going on than meets the eye. I just don’t know what that is.

Yes, there is more going on. Apparently there is more going on than the scholars at the Joseph Smith Papers are able to determine, but never fear, Shulem is here, and I know what's going on.

So says Philo

;)

funs stuff

:D
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:36 am
So, this thread is really, really cool, except for the part where you bring in the same tired complaints about Joseph Smith messing up. Joseph Smith was playing around with numerology, which is obvious as early as the Book of Mormon. It is great to see you work all of this out because, with the right background knowledge, you will start to understand why it is Joseph Smith was doing what he was doing, not just that he was doing it.

It would be nice if scholars would take up the issues I’ve raised in this thread. Clearly, we can see that the documents in question were working papers in the hands of the editor and we all know the Editor in Chief was none other than the prophet himself. Those were his revelations. Those were his papers. Those were his revisions. Who other than Joseph Smith would correct Joseph Smith? Only Joseph can edit Joseph and that is an important point of this thread.

The documents in questions were not meant for the public eye. They were the personal papers of the prophet. It was his work. It shows how his revelations were recorded and certain revisions to them as he played around with the numbers in making his “numerology work”. It would be nice if Dan Vogel were to chime in. I think if others were to take this up there could be some interesting questions formulated that would target Smith’s motivations and perhaps uncover more of the mysteries on what Smith was thinking. THAT is something biographers should consider.

I’m alone in my lonely thread. Oh well. I’m fine with that too. I really don’t need anyone anyway. I do well all by myself. Hey, I can hear an echo in here. lol

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo
dan vogel
CTR A

Post by dan vogel »

Shulem wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 1:12 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:36 am
So, this thread is really, really cool, except for the part where you bring in the same tired complaints about Joseph Smith messing up. Joseph Smith was playing around with numerology, which is obvious as early as the Book of Mormon. It is great to see you work all of this out because, with the right background knowledge, you will start to understand why it is Joseph Smith was doing what he was doing, not just that he was doing it.

It would be nice if scholars would take up the issues I’ve raised in this thread. Clearly, we can see that the documents in question were working papers in the hands of the editor and we all know the Editor in Chief was none other than the prophet himself. Those were his revelations. Those were his papers. Those were his revisions. Who other than Joseph Smith would correct Joseph Smith? Only Joseph can edit Joseph and that is an important point of this thread.

The documents in questions were not meant for the public eye. They were the personal papers of the prophet. It was his work. It shows how his revelations were recorded and certain revisions to them as he played around with the numbers in making his “numerology work”. It would be nice if Dan Vogel were to chime in. I think if others were to take this up there could be some interesting questions formulated that would target Smith’s motivations and perhaps uncover more of the mysteries on what Smith was thinking. THAT is something biographers should consider.

I’m alone in my lonely thread. Oh well. I’m fine with that too. I really don’t need anyone anyway. I do well all by myself. Hey, I can hear an echo in here. lol

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo
Paul, I don't have a comment yet, but I have shared it with Mike Marquardt. We have discussed this several times. I think he will appreciate it too.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

dan vogel wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm
Paul, I don't have a comment yet, but I have shared it with Mike Marquardt. We have discussed this several times. I think he will appreciate it too.

Oh wonderful. Thank you. And come back anytime and discuss it. Or simply add material and thought or information to the pile. As always, you are welcome here. You can even start your own thread if you feel that necessary. I hope you have found my comments and presentation helpful and informative.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Bumped for Elizabeth to help her understand how Joseph Smith was playing God and that everything he ever said was always about him and how great he is in saving his people from their sins.

Yes, Joseph Smith became the NEW Jesus Christ manifested in mortal flesh for all to behold.

THAT is what Mormonism was all about.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

dan vogel wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm

I have an idea. You might consider doing a podcast or even a series on the fantastic ages of the patriarchs and explore the manuscript notations as expressed in this thread. Obviously, the fantastic ages of the patriarchs are something the church doesn’t like to get into because it’s so ridiculous and requires a great stretch of faith. But Smith ran with it and claimed the human family literally evolved from men who lived to be that old. It’s another example of Smith taking biblical stories literally. And it’s clear that errors and inconsistencies exist in his revelations as shown in the original documents -- his private writings.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:18 pm
bigger and better
If there were ever a terse theme for Joe's personality, I would say that was it.

A narcissist who could do no wrong. And "God" approved of his every thought and impulse. Even at crotch level.

But he wasn't infallible as it turns out.

Fascinating postings, Shulem.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

bill4long wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:14 am
Fascinating postings, Shulem.

Thank you. I hope others find this thread fascinating and recognize that these matters show how Smith’s fingerprints are literally found manipulating his own work. It’s right there for us to examine and say, “aha”, that’s how he did it!

I hope that Marquardt and Vogel will take this matter up and document it and even do a podcast. It’s worthy material in which to examine and magnify for others to see. Thanks to the Joseph Smith Papers we can see things in a much clearer light. I’m glad to have made my contributions to this important facet into Smith’s biblical literalism which is something the Church is moving away from because it’s dodoism and everyone knows it. The fantastic ages of the patriarchs and Smith's ordination ages serve to chip away at faith and people will walk away from that nonsense.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Come to think of it, it would be hilarious if the Backyard Professor were to include a presentation on this subject in a future podcast. Talk about generating laughs! This is definitely circus like material worth poking fun of. It deserves to be ridiculed and held under the light. What do ya say, Philo? How about you pick up the ball and run with it? Or at least ask your viewers if they think it’s a great idea.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I would like to add the very important point that the material and content of this thread is NOT faith promoting and does nothing to build faith or inspire confidence in the alleged prophetic mantle of Joseph Smith. It does not help or inspire those who want to continue believing in Joseph Smith as a prophet. The General Authorities are cowards who hide their heads in the sand and they will not discuss or acknowledge these things. All of the successors of Joseph Smith have proven themselves to be cowards among men. THAT is a main requirement in order to be called as a General Authority as the Church is run by the arm of flesh:

Know when to keep the mouth shut and obey those over you! Submit to the institution of men!