School Shooting in Uvalde Texas

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: School Shooting in Uvalde Texas

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:01 pm
Contrary to leftist media reports, there was no security officer on duty at the school.
So Fox News is now a part of the leftist cabal that's threatening America?
Fox News wrote:A school police officer was present at Robb Elementary Tuesday when 18-year-old Ramos began shooting, and the two exchanged gunfire, the Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed to Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-school ... y-rhetoric
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:25 pm
If more gun control laws were the answer to stopping gun violence, Chicago would be the safest city in the US. As it stands about 40 people get shot there every weekend.
Instead of the 14,600 shootings a year you suggest, the number is closer to 3600.

The NBC News TV Station in Chicago wrote wrote:
According to the department, 2021 ended with 797 homicides. That is 25 more than were recorded 2020, 299 more than in 2019 and the most since 1996. And there were 3,561 shooting incidents in 2021, which is just over 300 more than were recorded in 2020 and a staggering 1,415 more shooting incidents than were recorded in the city in 2019.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/2 ... y/2719307/

Do you have any shame?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Morley wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:52 pm
So Fox News is now a part of the leftist cabal that's threatening America?

Not that any imagined ‘leftist cabal’ has anything to do with this situation anyway, unless ajax wants to try to convince us that ‘leftists’ used mind control to get the kid to buy a gun, and then shoot up a school.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:19 pm
then those who are paid to protect stay outside while kids get killed!?! It seems like a case could be made for criminal negligence. I'd have to take a look at it but if I were a DA in that county, I would be tempted to make a case against these cowards.
The officer who refused to go in to confront the Parkland, Florida shooter, is currently getting $150k/year retirement for the rest of his life. I don't think he's even over 55 yoa.
Did the Republican Florida lawmakers pass the bill aimed at stripping 32-year veteran Deputy Scot Peterson of his $8700/month retirement? Where are you getting the $150k?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Did the Republican Florida lawmakers pass the bill aimed at stripping 32-year veteran Deputy Scot Peterson of his $8700/month retirement? Where are you getting the $150k?

- Doc
I know that was what he was supposed to be collecting from the Florida taxpayer. It's possible that he was stripped of that retirement because most taxpayers were very upset with that fact at the time.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Regarding your claim about KG, do you have a link to that, or are you making that up, too?
Kevin has always said that armed citizens can do nothing to stop gun violence or protect potential victims from it. His exact words were, "Do you think you're going to be a hero?"

One of the reasons we have crappy police officers is due to the way the mainstream media and leftist courts have treated officers who attempt to do their jobs in recent years, by basically saying if they're nonwhite and put up a fight, it's up to the officer to let them go.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:33 pm

- Doc
I know that was what he was supposed to be collecting from the Florida taxpayer. It's possible that he was stripped of that retirement because most taxpayers were very upset with that fact at the time.
So, once again, you’re speaking from ignorance, making rash declarations with absolute certainty which you’re inevitably wrong about, and then when it’s pointed out instead of questioning your reality you just double down with another outrageous absurdity. Nice. Real nice. Mormonism is a good fit.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 5:19 pm
The officer who refused to go in to confront the Parkland, Florida shooter, is currently getting $150k/year retirement for the rest of his life. I don't think he's even over 55 yoa.
There was a squad of cops who refused to go in and help in this situation. They even arrested parents who were begging them to go in and rescue the children. Not sure why the police refused to do their jobs, but there is a major story involved here with fraidy cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWbDTrR-DvY

Where are the stalwart heroes of yesteryear? Have they been swept aside by Texas conservatism?
Last edited by Moksha on Sat May 28, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 10:41 am
Some Schmo wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:50 pm
I've always said, if you want to own a gun, you should be shot so you have first hand knowledge of its potential danger.

ETA: And of course, you have to be shot by the gun you want to own. Or guns.
Sort of like how, if you want to own a car, you should be run over by the car you want to own so you have first hand knowledge of its potential danger?
More like if you own a car you have to have a driver's license and passed a test to operate it. If you have a vehicle, it must be licensed, must past periodic inspections and the registration must be renewed.

Still waiting for an explanation of how an 18 year old buying 2 assault rifles and over 1600 rounds of ammunition is part of a 'well-regulated militia necessary to the security of a free state.'
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 7:37 pm
Regarding your claim about KG, do you have a link to that, or are you making that up, too?
Kevin has always said that armed citizens can do nothing to stop gun violence or protect potential victims from it. His exact words were, "Do you think you're going to be a hero?"
How wrong was he for ever saying something like that, when there were almost two dozen folks outside for an hour, apparently in no rush to ‘be a hero’?

One of the reasons we have crappy police officers is due to the way the mainstream media and leftist courts have treated officers who attempt to do their jobs in recent years, by basically saying if they're nonwhite and put up a fight, it's up to the officer to let them go.
It’s generally a good idea to first consider alternate ways to detain a suspect than shooting them dead if they resist, or if they merely appear to be holding something. I would assume that suspects do not always ‘surrender peacefully’. That’s why policemen and women are trained in a few alternate methods than merely unloading their weapon into someone who’s resisting or running.