School Shooting in Uvalde Texas

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: School Shooting in Uvalde Texas

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Binger wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:50 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:46 am

Or people like you complicate things too much. Prostitution and drug advocates use the same argument.

Until we agree on definitions to what paid sex is, regardless of our feelings, we are not really talking with one another.
Cool. Then expect more of the same. Or expect worse of the same.
Coming right up! 18-year-old graduates HS, gets a football scholarship, but is killed two hours after his graduation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hours-gradua ... 15836.html
Lord I just want to tell you thank u for everthing and your grace and mercy that u have brought us through the storm," she wrote. "Congratulations to my handsome baby boy Rashaud Fields. ... Tomorrow will be even better when I see my baby walk across that [graduation] stage. I can't even sleep.
It’s just unimaginable to have an 18-year-old graduate from high school and two hours later, he’s dead
Looks like mama had offered up her faithful 💭 & 🙏, but it was useless because there aren’t enough people doing 💭 & 🙏. Clearly the problem isn’t access to 🔫 , but that this country isn’t a Christian theocracy where people would, once they’re really up on their 💭 & 🙏 game, have no need for gun control because people would self-regulate with 💭 & 🙏.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:07 am
Binger wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 1:50 am

Cool. Then expect more of the same. Or expect worse of the same.
Coming right up! 18-year-old graduates HS, gets a football scholarship, but is killed two hours after his graduation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hours-gradua ... 15836.html
Lord I just want to tell you thank u for everthing and your grace and mercy that u have brought us through the storm," she wrote. "Congratulations to my handsome baby boy Rashaud Fields. ... Tomorrow will be even better when I see my baby walk across that [graduation] stage. I can't even sleep.
It’s just unimaginable to have an 18-year-old graduate from high school and two hours later, he’s dead
Looks like mama had offered up her faithful 💭 & 🙏, but it was useless because there aren’t enough people doing 💭 & 🙏. Clearly the problem isn’t access to 🔫 , but that this country isn’t a Christian theocracy where people would, once they’re really up on their 💭 & 🙏 game, have no need for gun control because people would self-regulate with 💭 & 🙏.

- Doc
Also Chattanooga yesterday.
I am starting to wonder if maybe 💭 & 🙏 are not working as well as just straight up name-calling.

Would it help if we 🙏 more in public and not just privately?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Maybe one solution would be to have retired military like yourself armed and providing security for public schools. You can still pursue your discussion board ambitions while doing that job.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 2:23 am
Maybe one solution would be to have retired military like yourself armed and providing security for public schools. You can still pursue your discussion board ambitions while doing that job.
-_-

Xanax bitches about some dude’s pension, and pensions in general, but now he wants to pay billions for dudes to hang out at elementary schools collecting fat paychecks, equipment, training for proficiency, paying out settlements for the inevitable “F” ups, and then commensurate pensions coming out to what amounts to sinecures.

Big Brain stuff right there. Good job. Great job. God bless, Ajax18. Really puttin’ on the ol’ thinkin’ cap.

💭 & 🙏

Love ya,

Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:25 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 9:03 pm

In my scenarios the people paying for insurance are incentivized to make themselves attractive customers to insurance providers who are incentivized to assess the risk of a particular gun being owned by a particular individual. The cost being carried by someone who won't die in a shootout with police is a feature not a bug.
We don't know today how to assess the risk of a particular gun being owned by a particular person before the person injures or kills someone with the gun. How do you expect insurance underwriters, who aren't even trained psychologists, to assess those risks? And do it in a way that passes constitutional muster? What should go on an underwriter's checklist that would have a high probability of screening out people who will use the firearm to intentionally injure or kill without depriving millions of citizens of their constitutional right to own a firearm?

If you want to talk about incentivizing behavior, if I go hunting and negligently shoot my buddy, I'll I'm likely exposed to zero financial consequences. I've got something like a $300,000 HO policy with a $1 million umbrella that will very likely take care of any damages suit. If I couldn't insure my liability for injury from firearms, I have a huge financial incentive not to be careless with my guns. We have to think about the law of unintended consequences. I think it's a bad idea to protect gun owners from the financial consequences of intentionally shooting people.
Hi Res,

I respect that you have an insiders view of the insurance business and hurdles the idea faces. It still seems to me we are hung up on dismissing the idea out of hand. No one knew how to assess the risk between drivers, but developed the tables over time and I'd assume with conservative caution for the successful. Risk assessment is an interesting challenge in many industries and yet people find ways to manage assessing risk for everything from profession errors and omissions to life insurance to the value of art to...

When it comes to building a risk assessment table for a firearm, it seems we already assert that some are more risky than others. Catastrophic harm to many people being more likely with some than others. We assert certain human behaviours are red flags for misuse. Is there lifting to do? Oh, yeah. Are the laws needed to backfill the idea challenging as well? Absolutely. But I think this is one of very few workable options on the table. I'm sure in a perfect world we wouldn't have guns...or is it that we wouldn't need gun laws? One person's Utopias is another person's hell...
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 4:03 am
what amounts to sinecures.
Sinecures? What if we required the retirees to provide their own uzi and the school children to sign waivers holding the schools blameless in case of accidental shootings? Ajax wouldn't seem so irresponsible then.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Assuming conservative commentator Alex Jones is down for the count, will there be any other conservative commentators stepping forward to claim that the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas did not occur?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

This is infuriating! How DARE they!!! They say the gloves are off. They better STAY off until the guilty cowards are charged, prosecuted, and INCARCERATED!

Lawrence: ‘The Texas Coverup Is Collapsing’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_4iIvFsmy4
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:55 am
Assuming conservative commentator Alex Jones is down for the count, will there be any other conservative commentators stepping forward to claim that the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas did not occur?
https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-06-01- ... paign.html

Well. That is great, Moksha. I am glad you are a conspiracy believer, though I do not believe it is helpful or relevant in this case.

The Uvalde Police Chief was a contributor to Beto. He designated his small donation for "impeachment." The guy that Jersey is asking to be punished, as he should be, was just another clown in a suit, and his douchebaggery and cowardly leadership clearly cost people their lives. This is what happens when leadership is incompetent, afraid and a fraud.

If we continue to appoint and select leadership based on symbols and feelings and gestures, rather than competency and guts, we will get predictable results. It is a very simple formula.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Moksha wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:55 am

We’re already there, as far as claims of ‘crisis actors’ (among other conspiracies or inaccuracies) are concerned:
After the May 24 shooting massacre of 19 elementary school children and two adults in Uvalde, Texas, some social media posts began perpetuating a conspiracy theory about one of the victim's families.

A video clip shared in a May 29 Facebook post shows CNN host Anderson Cooper interviewing Angel Garza, identified in the chyron as the father of Amerie Jo Garza, a 10-year-old girl who died during the shooting. The post also includes portions of NBC News host Savannah Guthrie's interview with another man identifying himself as Amerie's father.

"Two men claim to be the father of the same child who allegedly died in the school. Maybe they're gay and are both her parents but did separate interviews," reads the caption of the post. "Doubtful. More likely crisis actors. And the dude in the cap is a poor actor at that."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 487793001/

Even before details were known about the shooter who killed 19 children and two school faculty at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, fringe media were awash in rumors, conspiracy theories and misinformation.

Some posts incorrectly identified the shooter, while others posited without evidence that the massacre was a government-orchestrated "false flag" operation.

On Gab and other fringe platforms where the far right gather, many asserted without evidence that it was a "false flag" operation staged by federal authorities to justify tighter control of guns, or to deflect from other news stories.

Among the most dangerous narratives that gained wide circulation within the far right were those that spread incorrect claims about the shooter's identity.

Quickly after the gunman's name was announced, users on 4chan, GETTR, Patriots.win and other fringe platforms labeled him an "illegal alien." In a press conference on the day of the shooting, Texas Governor Greg Abbott identified him as a U.S. citizen.

Users also quickly mislabeled the shooter as transgender – even going so far as to misidentify him with photos of another transgender individual who was completely unconnected to the events.

"[That] false claim... it really had legs, like [it] really spread around in the far right," said Alex Kaplan, a senior researcher at Media Matters. "You had Alex Jones sharing it, you had Andrew Torba [sharing it]. It reached Congressman Paul Gosar."

Gosar, who faced backlash for spreading the false information, later deleted his tweet.
https://www.npr.org/2022/05/26/11014792 ... -far-right