The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Re: LDS Thoughts and DOCTRINE.

Post by Elizabeth »

"Unto Jeremiah came the word of the Lord in terms of plainness, declaring the sure advent of the King by whom the safety of both Judah and Israel should be assured; the Prince of the House of David, through whom the divine promise to the son of Jesse should be realised. Under the same spirit prophesied Ezekiel, Hosea, and Micah. Zechariah broke off in the midst of fateful prediction to voice the glad song of thanksgiving and praise as he beheld in vision the simple pageantry of the King’s triumphal entry into the city of David.
Then the prophet bewailed the grief of the conscience-smitten nation, by whom, as was foreseen, the Saviour of humankind would be pierced, even unto death; and showed that, when subdued by contrition His own people would ask, “What are these wounds in thy hands?”, the Lord would answer: “Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.”
The very price to be paid for the betrayal of the Christ to His death was foretold as in parable."
https://www.lds.org/manual/jesus-the-ch ... 5?lang=eng
Elizabeth
Stake President

LDS Thoughts and DOCTRINE.

Post by Elizabeth »

John 17:3
“And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.”
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:11 pm
“And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.”

RELIGION is not morality. Many religionists claim that religion holds the keys to morality and that the rejection of the said religion is immorality. Nothing could be farther from truth. Religion is NOT morality. Living a good life is! Religion only serves to enslave people in scaring them to obey -- or, else!

RELIGIONS have been set up to scare people and to control them. Religion threatens all those who refuse to abide by what the religionists say. Indeed, threatening others is what religion does best. It never delivers on the imaginary prize of going to heaven. It's just a hope, faith, and that by abiding by what the religion says you will get to go to heaven and see a bearded Jesus. But if you don't, well then, you must go someplace else.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:11 pm

Or it could be said:

And this is death damnation, that they don't know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou has sent.

You're either saved or damned. That's the message of Bible Jesus. Book of Mormon Jesus too. But Doctrine & Covenant Jesus broke with that.
Elizabeth
Stake President

LDS Thoughts and DOCTRINE.

Post by Elizabeth »

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 1652422858

"As a sign of the time in which the gathering of the several branches of Israel from their long dispersion should take place, the Lord specified the prosperity of the Gentiles in America, and their agency in bringing the Scriptures to the degraded remnant of Lehi’s posterity or the American Indians. It was made plain that all Gentiles who would repent, and accept the gospel of Christ through baptism, should be numbered among the covenant people and be made partakers of the blessings incident to the last days, in which the New Jerusalem would be established on the American continent. The joyful account of gathered Israel as Jehovah had given it aforetime through the mouth of His prophet Isaiah, was repeated by the resurrected Jehovah to His Nephite flock. Admonishing them to ponder the words of the prophets, which were of record amongst them, and to give heed to the new Scriptures He had made known, and especially commanding the Twelve to teach the people further concerning the things He had expounded, the Lord informed them of the revelations given through Malachi, and directed that the same be written."
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

"The personal ministry of Christ on the occasion of this second visitation lasted three days, during which He gave the people many scriptures, such as had been before given unto the Jews, for so the Father had commanded; and He expounded unto them the purposes of God, from the beginning until the time at which Christ shall return in His glory; “And even unto the great and last day, when all people, and all kindreds, and all nations and tongues shall stand before God, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil; if they be good, to the resurrection of everlasting life; and if they be evil, to the resurrection of damnation, being on a parallel, the one on the one hand, and the other on the other hand, according to the mercy, and the justice, and the holiness which is in Christ, who was before the world began.” In merciful ministration He healed their afflicted folk, and raised a man from the dead. At later but unspecified times, He showed Himself among the Nephites, and “did break bread oft, and bless it, and give it unto them.”

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:08 am
"The personal ministry of Christ on the occasion of this second visitation lasted three days, during which He gave the people many scriptures, such as had been before given unto the Jews, for so the Father had commanded; and He expounded unto them the purposes of God, from the beginning until the time at which Christ shall return in His glory; “And even unto the great and last day, when all people, and all kindreds, and all nations and tongues shall stand before God, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil; if they be good, to the resurrection of everlasting life; and if they be evil, to the resurrection of damnation, being on a parallel, the one on the one hand, and the other on the other hand, according to the mercy, and the justice, and the holiness which is in Christ, who was before the world began.” In merciful ministration He healed their afflicted folk, and raised a man from the dead. At later but unspecified times, He showed Himself among the Nephites, and “did break bread oft, and bless it, and give it unto them.”

TO THE MODERATOR

It could be argued that much of the content from posts of these threads is nothing more than cut and paste --SPAM. I move that consideration bet taken to move material to the spam box.

I will complain and see what comes of it. Clearly, THIS is spam because it can be read elsewhere but is taking up room on this board and provides no creative content from the poster
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:55 am
Isaiah 55:8,9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

THIS too is nothing more than SPAM from the poster. It's cut and paste. No original content. No new material. I move that all of the cut and paste posts be thrown into a SPAM box and shut this poster down.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:09 am
Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:55 am
Isaiah 55:8,9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

THIS too is nothing more than SPAM from the poster. It's cut and paste. No original content. No new material. I move that all of the cut and paste posts be thrown into a SPAM box and shut this poster down.
I second this.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:46 pm
I second this.

Thanks. I've not heard back from the moderator yet. There is probably some consultation taking place behind the scenes. Shades is going to have to weight in. But really, when you think about it, all that cut and paste really amounts to nothing more than spam because it's not backed with content from the poster. She is simply spamming the board and is doing a good job at that. She needs to be shut down or conform her ways and provide actual material content of her own.