Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Re: Globle - Yet Another Geography Game

Post by Bret Ripley »

Double-digits, even with help.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:05 pm
Today's was one of the most difficult yet. I couldn't figure out how it could be at the distances claimed, not be the obvious, and even with a map I was stumped trying to triangulate th answer. It took going beyond using a map for me. So my 9 has an * beside it.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:24 pm
Bret Ripley wrote:
Today's was one of the most difficult yet. I couldn't figure out how it could be at the distances claimed, not be the obvious, and even with a map I was stumped trying to triangulate th answer. It took going beyond using a map for me. So my 9 has an * beside it.
I finally guessed it, but Globle won’t accept it, kept getting “invalid answer,” I even tried alternate spellings. Anyone else have this problem?

ETA: finally got it to accept by misspelling it, then the misspelled word was underlined in the game with offered corrections, I selected THEIR correction (even though I had already tried it) and voila! Accepted.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:24 pm
Bret Ripley wrote:
If it wasn't for your clue I wouldn't have gotten it. I guessed the other country that is within the boundaries but had no idea the other was an independent country. I'm sad because I had the border country on 2... then just a lot of confusion.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

After yesterday being particularly difficult it was nice to get one in three. It was pure luck from staring selection to final but I'll take it.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I found today's pretty easy, guessing it in 5.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Twenty-freaking-four. While consulting a map for the last half-dozen guesses. This is probably some sort of karmic payback for turning up my nose to "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?"
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

10 for me today, I did have to consult a map as I knew the island I wanted after guessing a few others in the chain but I couldn't quite place the name.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I tried a spelling that said it was not a valid guess, guessed another one, then came back. 11 guesses with map help. Different experience, and a different kind of challenge.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Just so we're clear what sort of meathead I can be: I didn't even remember that this was the name of a real country. For all I knew, it could have been the title of a chapter from "Foxe's Book of Martyrs."