Interpreter apologists wrestle with Nephi’s transoceanic vessel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Interpreter apologists wrestle with Nephi’s transoceanic vessel

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:16 pm
I too traveled through dark times when there wasn't a magic penny (the obvious secret to the universe) to guide me through a wilderness of thirst for meaning.
C’mon. Comparing a magic penny with the creator of all things?

Including the elements by which that ‘magic penny’ was created?

That’s kind of a low stoop comparison.

Next, I suppose you’ll roll out the Flying Spaghetti Monster as a better and more applicable example.

Anything to get past the possibility of a creator God who created man in His own image.

Magic penny. C’mon.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:54 pm
I personally like to worship the Sun. Like George Carlin said, it's nice that you can actually see the Sun. That's important to me, being able to actually know the object of worship exists. :lol:
It is true. No faith is required. No individual choice and/or initiative.

Some folks, admittedly, like that proposition.

A LOT easier.

Regards,
MG
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 pm
drumdude wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:54 pm
I personally like to worship the Sun. Like George Carlin said, it's nice that you can actually see the Sun. That's important to me, being able to actually know the object of worship exists. :lol:

A LOT easier.

Regards,
MG
“If I could do just one thing, it would be to dissociate faith from virtue, now and for good, and to expose it for what it is, a servile weakness, a refuge in cowardice, and a willingness to follow, with credulity, people who are in the highest degree unscrupulous.” - C H

The Bretheren have made it very easy to not have faith in them. They are the part of Mormonism you can actually see. And here they are being duped by a serial murderer, not a single one of these men of God with a shred of prophesy, seeing, or revelatory powers.
Mark-Hoffman.jpg
Mark-Hoffman.jpg (97.99 KiB) Viewed 470 times
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:24 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:16 pm

A LOT easier.

Regards,
MG
“If I could do just one thing, it would be to dissociate faith from virtue, now and for good, and to expose it for what it is, a servile weakness, a refuge in cowardice, and a willingness to follow, with credulity, people who are in the highest degree unscrupulous.” - C H

The Bretheren have made it very easy to not have faith in them. They are the part of Mormonism you can actually see. And here they are being duped by a serial murderer, not a single one of these men of God with a shred of prophesy, seeing, or revelatory powers.

Mark-Hoffman.jpg
They too have/had individual choice and/or initiative in what they did/do.

Regards,
MG
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:13 pm

Next, I suppose you’ll roll out the Flying Spaghetti Monster as a better and more applicable example.

Anything to get past the possibility of a creator God who created man in His own image.

Magic penny. C’mon.

Regards,
MG
LOLOLOL - yea guys, its stupid to worship any higher power that doesn't have vestigial body parts/hair leftover from the apes we descended from and that doesn't have 2 arms, 2 legs and a glorified penis and rectum....the only rational possibility is that god is some extraterrestrial mammal of roughly human proportions and characteristics with magical abilities who uses his celestial male genitalia to impregnate his harem of sister wives and who is super interested in the underwear we put on and what kind of caffeine we drink...otherwise MGs lifetime of conditioning won't allow him to comprehend your chosen God or higher power.

Hilarious and sad all at the same time...you sound so naïve...Love ya!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What were the manmade fabrications, mental?
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Some say DNA is proof positive of god. The argument that information storage is impossible from naturalistic processes. There is something better. God hid his creative genius in this way.
In humans the perforation of the mouth and anus happen at 4 weeks and 8 weeks respectively
. What naturalistic process has this sense of humor?
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:13 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:16 pm
I too traveled through dark times when there wasn't a magic penny (the obvious secret to the universe) to guide me through a wilderness of thirst for meaning.

Magic penny. C’mon.

Regards,
MG
Fools mock the magic penny, but they shall mourn .... but seriously, this is what you do as a knee jerk reaction when your nonsense is quoted back at you ... you shift the burden .... like you always do when cornered.
This isn't a dodge because you are the one dodging. You, for some reason, feel it necessary to come over here and save the poor lost souls or tell us your beliefs and mix in a few barbs along the way. Meanwhile, when pressed, you engage in burden shifting attempts like the above quote. Then deny that you did it, making a lot of people irritated because it is sooooooo obvious what you do. You have absolutely no proof beyond your desire to believe and logical fallacies and petty threats of future destruction as your position. The burden is on you to prove the invisible as that is what you worship and evangelize over here. You fail in this. Your logic, obviously, and for probably the thousandth time, could fit for belief in anything, including my magic penny, or whatever.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:42 pm
You, for some reason, feel it necessary to come over here and save the poor lost souls or tell us your beliefs and mix in a few barbs along the way.
You are just as free to express your views. And yes, we all mix in a bit of ribbing along the way. Some ribbings are more hurtful than others and some folks are more sensitive than others.

We should be careful to not say and/or do that would be considered to be actual harm.

I can set people off very easily as I cut against the grain of their settled view of non belief in the LDS Church and its leaders. I don’t think it’s me personally as much as the fact I am traveling on very sensitive ground.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:38 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:42 pm
You, for some reason, feel it necessary to come over here and save the poor lost souls or tell us your beliefs and mix in a few barbs along the way.
You are just as free to express your views. And yes, we all mix in a bit of ribbing along the way. Some ribbings are more hurtful than others and some folks are more sensitive than others.

We should be careful to not say and/or do that would be considered to be actual harm.

I can set people off very easily as I cut against the grain of their settled view of non belief in the LDS Church and its leaders. I don’t think it’s me personally as much as the fact I am traveling on very sensitive ground.

Regards,
MG
nah, pretty sure it's personally you.
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:13 pm
.... Honor acts in righteous indignation while at the same time he may be, well, who knows? A scumbag of some sort? A pervert? An anarchist? A wife beater?

...I’m not making any ACTUAL judgement on Honor. I’m speaking hypothetically...

Regards,
MG