Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by Gunnar »

One guess again
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Two -- first guess was way off the mark and then I guessed one we had on Globle a while back.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:06 pm
Two -- first guess was way off the mark and then I guessed one we had on Globle a while back.
You did better than I did but I got it in four for the same reason. I guessed the neighbor to the west before guessing it. I'm not sure what to do with the neighbor to the east...
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

1 guess today.
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Monday, June 13, 2022: I got it on the first guess!
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Embarrassingly, as soon as today's country popped up I knew I was in trouble. Not because it was unfamiliar but because I had looked at it numerous times recently, knew I should know it, but couldn't recall it. I failed to get it in five. Maybe I should have slowed down and scrolled though names. Instead I shotgunned names at the screen I thought it might be, oblivious to the clues that didn't seem helpful anyway.

Guess I needed that reminder I'm a pretender in the world of geography.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

It took me 3 today. Like you honor I'm mostly upset that as much as I've looked at the area lately I wasn't able to recall it faster. My vexillology must be getting better though as I knew immediately the general region and it was for a reason besides "well I have no idea so it must be generically here".
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I confess that the reason I do so well on wordle is that, thanks to an app on my computer that shows the national flags of all the world's nations, I have memorized all those flags. Is that cheating? Memorization is one thing that comes fairly easily to me. I can hardly help doing it! My memory is not quite perfect, though. I do have occasional lapses of memory.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Celebrate your strengths, I say. :)

ETA: Unless you are Bret Ripley. He's a smug bastard who should keep his light under a bushel. ;)
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:24 pm
Celebrate your strengths, I say. :)

ETA: Unless you are Bret Ripley. He's a smug bastard who should keep his light under a bushel. ;)
Suits me: I failed to identify the country in 5 guesses, so today I choose to embrace virtue by celebrating the bushel.