January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Jersey Girl »

Here's the schedule for the upcoming televised hearings.

When are the hearings’ dates and times?

The first hearing will start Thursday, June 9, at 8 p.m. Eastern. The second will be held Monday, June 13th, at 10 a.m. Eastern. The committee hasn’t announced a formal schedule for the rest, but there could be as many as eight in total through June, with a final hearing in September — right before the November midterm elections.

How to watch the hearings

The committee usually live-streams its hearings, and most major TV news stations will be airing at least Thursday’s hours-long hearings in full: ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN plan to. Fox News is the only major news network to decide not to, instead saying it will continue with its regular, primetime coverage and talk about the hearings “as warranted.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -to-watch/

Perhaps we'll be hearing from the aptly named Sinners.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Trump was clearly apprised that the majority of experts felt there was no validity to the claims of massive voter fraud, certainly nothing on the scale that could have reversed the election.

"Figures don't lie, but liars figure", observed Mark Twain. The figures didn't lie.

If you listen to one thing, hear Sydney Powell give her explanation as to why she made the allegation that Smartmatic voting machines were turning votes for Biden.

https://youtu.be/hzlgvqUETHA?t=1324

In essence what she says is that the fact that there was a late surge for Biden is de facto evidence of fraud. She has no proof of an algorithm to flip votes. She says that the pattern of the votes is proof they were generated by an algorithm.

It is disturbing to think of the President of the United States deliberately ignoring the reasoned, rational arguments of his best advisors in favor of the unsubstantiated clams Giuliani and Powell. The bottom line is that President Trump was perfectly willing to poison the faith of Americans in their election system if it meant he could stay in power.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:18 pm
It is disturbing to think of the President of the United States deliberately ignoring the reasoned, rational arguments of his best advisors in favor of the unsubstantiated clams Giuliani and Powell. The bottom line is that President Trump was perfectly willing to poison the faith of Americans in their election system if it meant he could stay in power.
And he essentially accomplished that using methods that could have been copied directly from Hitler and Goebbel's playbook for deceiving the public into following the Nazi scam. It's tragic how many Americans fell for those same scams as easily as so many Germans did. There is admittedly no compelling evidence that Trump himself ever studied the written works of Hitler, but whether or not he or his advisor Steven Miller were directly inspired by those works, they used those methods to devastating effect, though they could easily have come up those ideas independently without the inspiration of Hitler or Goebbels.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

I am going to remain cautiously hopeful. The Mueller Report somewhat tainted my dreams for clear cut evidence of wrongdoing. While the report was certainly damning in many ways, Trump seems to be good at keeping illegal activity an arms length away from himself. Trump is very slippery, just like the treasures Joseph Smith was digging for. Right when you are about to nail him, he seems to slip deeper into the earth. :lol:
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:18 pm
In essence what she says is that the fact that there was a late surge for Biden is de facto evidence of fraud. She has no proof of an algorithm to flip votes. She says that the pattern of the votes is proof they were generated by an algorithm.
That isn't evidence of anything other than she is dishonest. Even Bernie Sanders predicted how election night would play out weeks beforehand:
In the clip — which first aired Oct. 23 — host Jimmy Fallon asks Sanders when he thinks we will know the result of the election for sure. Sanders explains that, due to this year's unprecedented use of mail-in ballots, it may be days before we actually see a conclusive result.

"You're going to have a situation, I suspect, in states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, other states, where they are going to be receiving huge amounts of mail-in ballots," Sanders explains in the clip.

"Unlike states like Florida or Vermont, they're not able — for bad reasons — they're not able to begin processing those ballots until Election Day, or maybe when the polls close," he goes on. "That means you're going to have states dealing with perhaps millions of mail-in ballots."

In fact, as of 6am ET on Nov. 4, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin — alongside North Carolina and Georgia — have yet to be called. In Pennsylvania in particular, officials have said votes will not all be counted until this Friday. be expected that his supporters will show up in person, and those votes will be counted more quickly than mail-in or absentee ballots.

Due to President Donald Trump's consistent — and groundless — attacks on mail-in voting, it's to be expected that his supporters will show up in person, and those votes will be counted more quickly than mail-in or absentee ballots.

"It is likely that the first votes that will be counted will be those people who came in on election day," Sanders said. "Which will be Republican."

"It could well be that at 10 o'clock on election night, Trump is winning in Michigan, he's winning in Pennsylvania, he's winning in Wisconsin," Sanders continues in the video, "and he gets on the television and he says, 'Thank you, Americans, for reelecting me. It's all over. Have a good day.'"

In a speech from the White House at 2:30am on election night, Trump falsely claimed that he had already won the election and said he wanted "all voting to stop."
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kukulkan wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:27 pm
I am going to remain cautiously hopeful. The Mueller Report somewhat tainted my dreams for clear cut evidence of wrongdoing. While the report was certainly damning in many ways, Trump seems to be good at keeping illegal activity an arms length away from himself. Trump is very slippery, just like the treasures Joseph Smith was digging for. Right when you are about to nail him, he seems to slip deeper into the earth. :lol:
The singular best description of him I have ever read...
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I am not sure how much Merrick Garland was paying attention, but compelling evidence has been presented that the Trump White House was a criminal enterprise.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Question for the teeming masses: Is this not the craziest ish you've ever seen in your life? And they said Nixon was bad! :shock:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/16/poli ... index.html

Tldr - Republican judge says what we all know

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:01 pm
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/16/poli ... index.html

Tldr - Republican judge says what we all know

- Doc
CNN said that? Thanks.