Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by Bret Ripley »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:59 pm
I confess that the reason I do so well on wordle is that, thanks to an app on my computer that shows the national flags of all the world's nations, I have memorized all those flags. Is that cheating? Memorization is one thing that comes fairly easily to me. I can hardly help doing it!
That's really cool -- I wish my memory would grab onto things like that. I remember a lot of useless stuff -- an expired passport number, an expired Drivers License number, the account number of a power meter at a place I worked at 15 years ago -- but remembering things like flags doesn't come easy to me.
My memory is not quite perfect, though. I do have occasional lapses of memory.
Who are you again? :)
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:53 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:24 pm
Celebrate your strengths, I say. :)

ETA: Unless you are Bret Ripley. He's a smug bastard who should keep his light under a bushel. ;)
Suits me: I failed to identify the country in 5 guesses, so today I choose to embrace virtue by celebrating the bushel.
:lol:

I failed today as well. I did ok on Global with a 7 but that's settling in to be my average now. Taken together I'm below average and envious of those with a bushel to celebrate. Since envy is a vice, well...
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:04 am
Who are you again? :)
Yes memory is quite important to me. I feel quite reassured by the fact that I suffer from none of the three sure signs of approaching dementia, the first of which is having trouble remembering things. Just don't ask me what the other two signs are, though. I forgot.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

First guess again
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I got today's as a sort of guess. I figured from the shape it could only be in a select few places and got lucky.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:14 am
First guess again.
honorentheos wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:52 am
I got today's as a sort of guess. I figured from the shape it could only be in a select few places and got lucky.
Sure, sure. Rub it in.

All I need now is Shades saying that he knew it before he even looked at the map.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Morley wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:09 pm
Gunnar wrote:
First guess again.
honorentheos wrote:
Sure, sure. Rub it in.

All I need now is Shades saying that he knew it before he even looked at the map.
I don't feel proud of myself, if that helps. It was one of those cases where I puzzled over just what the boundaries were suggesting and decided the most likely cases happened to be where the answer lies. And it just happened to be the country that I knew in that area but didn't know the shape of so I guessed it. Not exactly genius level work, that.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Morley wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:09 pm
Gunnar wrote:
First guess again.
honorentheos wrote:
Sure, sure. Rub it in.

I think we should consider adopting a new 'house rule' for Gunnar and Shades ... maybe a three drink minimum.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

One guess, as usual for me. The world's largest producer of dentures, by the way!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Four. The size clue helped a lot.