Also taking another break.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Also taking another break.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

dastardly stem wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:37 pm
Should we all start threads announcing breaks? Never really occurred to me.
Yes, when you feel the need to flounce away because you have the emotional quotient of a hormonal teen, it’s important to let everyone know, loudly, that you’re taking a break.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

I’m guessing the build up of unanswered questions was stacking up against MG. That’s when he usually posts an announcement of his immediate desertion.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

IHAQ wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:17 pm
I’m guessing the build up of unanswered questions was stacking up against MG. That’s when he usually posts an announcement of his immediate desertion.
Well, I was going to ask him if the Book of Judas was one of the “manmade fabrications” that threw him into a performative faith crisis, since, hooboy, it throws Christianity itself for a loop. I mean. I’m sure he’s read the Book of Judas, since, you know, he’s studied soooooo much, and he’s had suuuuuuch a nuanced approach to his “journey.”

Maybe it’s good he’s flounced away again. He’s up to at least twenty unanswered questions. Not a good look for a “student” of “religious traditions.”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:18 am
Wow, MG. You made a big deal about me answering your question about how many roads to heaven there are, I answered, and now you're leaving without unveiling the mystery?
It can only be learned from behind the veil. : P
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:53 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:37 pm
Should we all start threads announcing breaks? Never really occurred to me.
Yes, when you feel the need to flounce away because you have the emotional quotient of a hormonal teen, it’s important to let everyone know, loudly, that you’re taking a break.

- Doc
Frankly MG ....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XxM78vNXASc/U ... D60R8v.png
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
tapirrider
Sunbeam

Post by tapirrider »

A coffee break or cigarette break?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Don Bradley wrote: MG,

I am sensing a sudden great reduction in the Mormon-ness of this board, like when Obi-wan Kenobi heard millions of voices suddenly cry out and go silent. ;)

Have a happy break!

Don
:roll: and 99.98% of the entire world sensed.... that the board is still full of many, many, MANY people having discussions. some Mormons really do have a bizarre over-inflation of their own importance. it would be irritating if it weren't so damn funny.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I noticed my lawn needs to be mowed.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:11 pm
Just got home from vacay. I noticed that too.

Eta: My lawn, not yours.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:13 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:11 pm
Just got home from vacay. I noticed that too.

Eta: My lawn, not yours.
I just noticed that huckleberry's new couch looks really good from the tree across the street.

Er... my couch.