47th President of the USA Ron DeSantis

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: 47th President of the USA Ron DeSantis

Post by Vēritās »

DeSantis.

Isn't he the same anti-Free market tyrant who used his government position to punish private companies like Disney and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, simply because their free speech offended his sensibilities?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:48 pm
DeSantis.

Isn't he the same anti-Free market tyrant who used his government position to punish private companies like Disney and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, simply because their free speech offended his sensibilities?

That’s the fellow.

“When we were young, you could watch cartoons without having to worry.” - DeSantis

Meanwhile:
Attachments
C558011C-68D5-4B38-98A0-F6400211D778.jpeg
C558011C-68D5-4B38-98A0-F6400211D778.jpeg (74.23 KiB) Viewed 384 times
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:04 pm
Vēritās wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:48 pm
DeSantis.

That’s the fellow.

“When we were young, you could watch cartoons without having to worry.” - DeSantis

Meanwhile:
Ah, but those are cartoons where showing a male dressed like a female is relying on the cultural understanding of gender norms to set up a joke. So those are cool.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:29 pm
How do you think he will manage government spending? Please try and be specific. Which programs would he put more money into? Which would he divert funds away? Do you see the national debt declining under a DeSantis administration? How?
I think he'll be similar to Trump on policy. You won't have open borders, wage depression, and the importation of poverty that you had under Republicans like GWB. He might even be a little further to the right than Trump on COVID shutdowns and subsequent inflation generating money printing to be doled out as stimulus handouts. I think he would put money into the military when it comes to taking care of veterans. But he might also demand that countries like those in western Europe, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, pay their share in military spending rather than just offering US weapons, labor, blood, and money for free.

I could see him following an economic nationalist agenda on trade in the global market place in contrast to free market purists like Cinepro, so we could see income from tariffs hitting back against Chinese currency manipulation and more money just from better deals made for the American worker. And yes he would more than likely cut taxes and roll back excessive environmental regulations to attract investors back into the USA that have fled overseas. Ultimately we'd actually be collecting more tax money with the lower rates than we did with the higher rates.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

To summarize, you expect:

- Protectionist tariffs on imports
- Increased military spending
- Protectionist trade negotiations
- Increased tax cuts
- Reduced spending on environmental regulation and programs

Is that accurate?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:26 pm

- Increased tax cuts

Is that accurate?
I think you pulled up waaaaay too soon. Way too soon. Like, where Xanax wants to go, and by extension where the kooky shiteaters known as the GQP (now pinging at about 80% of the Right’s voting base) want to go, it’s safe to say, and I’m not even being facetious, that they want our country to be a ‘neo-fascist NüChristian Banana Republic police state hyper colonial-military expansionist ethno state kleptocracy’.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:26 pm

- Increased tax cuts

Is that accurate?
I'd also expect border enforcement and hence a reduction in medicaid and child welfare spending.

There's no increase to the tax cuts. I'm just asking to allow working people to keep a larger percentage of what they earn. I'm also asking that welfare benefits not be competitive with wages to the point where we are seeing labor shortages that we have seen since the Democrats basically used COVID to seize power in 2020.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Just to make sure I understand -

"Hawkeye" is just "ajax18" with a different hat on, isn't he?

And the mods are cool with that, right?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:58 pm

Naturally.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Chap wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:58 pm

Shade allowed existing socks to be grandfathered in. His preference was people pick one but he said they would not retroactively enforce the rule. That's fair enough.