Taking A Break Until Tomorrow Afternoon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Taking A Break Until Tomorrow Afternoon

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Just thought I would let everyone know

Daniel C. Peterson pictured here calmly watching a school bus that just broke down on some train tracks.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
dastardly stem
God

Re: Taking A Break Until Tomorrow Afternoon

Post by dastardly stem »

Best wishes in your absence. I'll try and keep it clean in the meantime.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I will be taking a break until tomorrow morning. Unless I get bored this evening. In that case I just may have to sign in again to see what is up on the old DM.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I am just returning from a long absence.

Sent from my iPhone while sailing the Seychelles and indulging in the AYCE buffet.
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

I've been lurking, but will be lurking a little less frequently over the next few weeks.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:48 pm
I am just returning from a long absence.

Sent from my iPhone while sailing the Seychelles and indulging in the AYCE buffet.
Give brother Joseph a break.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I haven't posted for years, so I am back, but have to take a break tonight while I sleep for 8 hours.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

You might have noticed that I did come back after a few hours and posted in response to others’ comments. Then I took a break to get some sleep, but now I am back this morning.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:47 am
You might have noticed that I did come back after a few hours and posted in response to others’ comments. Then I took a break to get some sleep, but now I am back this morning.
😵💫 missed you while you slept. Who needs sleep?
Well, actually, I do. (And that doesn’t even look like the emoticon I posted).
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

I am still here. In fact I am always here. I read every word of every post; I read the first version you post before you edit.

My keystroke logging virus reads every character as you type it, before you even make that first post. My camera virus tracks your eyes and recognises what you were going to type before you changed your mind. My server farm full of AIs correlates all that with the browser history of everyone in your contact list. You're low on vitamin D and you need to buy toilet paper.

In short, the attention I devote to these boards is like unto the Eye of Sauron when Sauron is squinting hard to see the online dictionary from afar so he can cheat at Wordle. That static you sometimes hear is the Eye's roaring sound when I forget to hit Mute.

But maybe I'll take a break, too.
I was a teenager before it was cool.