Revisiting A Mopologist

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Revisiting A Mopologist

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:22 pm
#2: DCP is not a fan of Trump, not a fan of authoritarianism in politics, and not a supporter of Trump's attempted coup.
What would he say about an open invitation for Russian Troops to march on Cedar City and restore the co-reign of Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin (especially if Putin agreed to reinstall those deposed from the Maxwell Institute)?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:41 pm
He’s shilling hard for Russia claiming that a previous agreement allowing Russia access to Lithuania’s territory and infrastructure is sacrosanct. He might have a point if Russia weren’t a nation full of backstabbing pact-breaking liars, so cry me a river that Lithuania doesn’t want to have much to do with a hyper-aggressive authoritarian regime with dreams of reestablishing the Soviet Empire? Man, this is crazy watching a Mormon go to bat for the Evil Empire - ETB would be rolling in his grave knowing Mormons are pro-Russian because they’re anti-Democrat.

- Doc
The commonality of fascism unites Trump, Putin, Benson, and Schryver. The Benson love for capitalism would instantly give way to the thought of state-sanctioned Mormon oligarchs. Schryver seems primed to take on another wagon train from Arkansas.
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

How many followers does he have?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:49 pm
If you click on the link and look at his biographical information his follower count is right below it - and it’s right above the ‘tweets’ link.

It should be noted he’s pulling information from pro-Russian propaganda sites. I’m not going to describe or name them because I’m not going to send traffic there. Will Schryver, a Mormon priesthood holder, is going to bat for the 21st century’s version of Hitler. <- that’s not being hyperbolic, by the way. Putin’s ‘dream’ is to eventually take Germany and to gain control of Europe as a whole. He has hegemonic notions that Russia will eventually gain control over large portions of the earth, sharing power and territory with China, and kind of India. This is no different than Hitler’s axis dreams. And Will Schryver is shilling for this man.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I read a couple dozen of his tweets yesterday, what a loser.

The most generous interpretation from a religious perspective would be, he believes Russia is an inevitable force to be reckoned with: the "axe laid at the root of the tree". The Lord's hand to punish America (for being liberal and wearing masks?), but the problem is, "the axe doth not boast against him who heweth". He never expresses hope for the Lord to spare the victim, or America to repent and the Lord withdraw his vengeance, or anything like that, it's basically somewhere between cold geo-political thinking, Russia is just that powerful and the world is in denial, and celebratory vengeance against political enemies. I'm sure it's the latter, but I did not see him outright praise Putin and so I have to keep these other options open.

He makes a lot of predictions, and quotes himself from weeks or years ago. But these predictions are of the quality of saying, "see, I predicted Trump would win in 2020, and he did!"

He says some pretty outlandish things, like Russia would destroy all of NATO and America combined in a direct conflict of conventional means. He also points to Russia's official war updates as the most accurate source of information about the war available. Can he be anything but trolling with statements like these?

Well, back when DCP was talking about having lunch with Will and the fancy restaurant being dazzled by Will's intelligence, some folks pointed out he was a Covid denier and preached heavily against masks and promoted conspiracies, in direct opposition to Sam L. Kiwi said "everybody makes mistakes". Well, what's interesting to track, is what are the sins that a tolerable and those that aren't. what makes a person worthy of outreach, and what is a bridge too far? Gina Colvin is a bridge to far, as is anyone who questions the Church, but Covid denial, election denial, pro-Russian propaganda can be overlooked.

That's why I analyzed the various possibilities of Will's statements. I'm less concerned about what his intentions are, I think it's pretty obvious, but more about leeway for deniability or defense by his fellow apologists. Anyway, I think it's not only revealing to consider a person's direct views, but the kind of views that person also has tolerance for, which would still keep others in the circle of good graces.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:14 pm
Fence Sitter wrote:
If you click on the link and look at his biographical information his follower count is right below it - and it’s right above the ‘tweets’ link.

It should be noted he’s pulling information from pro-Russian propaganda sites. I’m not going to describe or name them because I’m not going to send traffic there. Will Schryver, a Mormon priesthood holder, is going to bat for the 21st century’s version of Hitler. <- that’s not being hyperbolic, by the way. Putin’s ‘dream’ is to eventually take Germany and to gain control of Europe as a whole. He has hegemonic notions that Russia will eventually gain control over large portions of the earth, sharing power and territory with China, and kind of India. This is no different than Hitler’s axis dreams. And Will Schryver is shilling for this man.

- Doc
Putin’s ‘dream’ is to eventually take Germany and to gain control of Europe as a whole. He has hegemonic notions that Russia will eventually gain control over large portions of the earth, sharing power and territory with China, and kind of India. This is no different than Hitler’s axis dreams.
Where does Putin say this? How do you know this is what he wants to do?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Bond
Star B

Post by Bond »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Almost 7k.

He's clearly gone bat guano.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:30 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:14 pm

- Doc
Putin’s ‘dream’ is to eventually take Germany and to gain control of Europe as a whole. He has hegemonic notions that Russia will eventually gain control over large portions of the earth, sharing power and territory with China, and kind of India. This is no different than Hitler’s axis dreams.
You have been living under a rock the last 6 months?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:30 pm
You could start with the Primakov doctrine to, uh, get started, which Putin has been actively implementing in pursuit of Russian foreign policy which is the continuation of decades and centuries-old ambitions embraced by previous Russian governments regardless of their political persuasion. Here’s a good primer behind what drives their territorial ambition:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles ... eopolitics (must be a subscriber to read the article)

1914 Russian borders:

Soviet borders and direct control:

One should note Russian state media has also claimed Russia has territorial rights from Alaska to California (wherever that one settlement in NorCal was).

You could also read the FoGP, which you refuse to do. Dr. Exiled, due to your politics you have a blind spot when it comes to the Russians, which I find mind boggling. You can still be a Trump supporter, and also see what the Russians have done, what they’re doing, and what they themselves plan to do. It is not in anyone’s interest to ve ignorant about the Muscovites and what they’ve been up to since 800 C.E..

Anyway. Start with the Primakov doctrine and FoGP, then get backto me.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:56 pm
Dr. Exiled, due to your politics you have a blind spot when it comes to the Russians, which I find mind-boggling. You can still be a Trump supporter, and also see what the Russians have done, what they’re doing, and what they themselves plan to do.
- Doc
So you are saying that being a Trump supporter does not demand having a soft spot in your heart for Russia?