January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Binger »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:02 am
Binger wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:42 pm
California was red.

If Texas is able to secede without taking a share of the US debt they will need to build a wall along the Red River.
California hasn't been red in more than three decades, when the President was their former governor. But even then, it was barely red. That gap has been widening since 1992 and Presidential elections have gone more than 60% Democrat in the last four elections.

Right now Texas is turning more purple, thanks to so many Californians moving there.
Pendulums swing.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Vēritās wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:33 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:21 pm
Just finished the current session. How the DOJ could NOT have Trump dead to rights would be beyond me! How disgusting, corrupt, and utterly sleazy. Trump and his cronies are slime.
I think the issue is proving intent.
Are you watching the sessions in their entirety?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:07 am
Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:02 am
California hasn't been red in more than three decades, when the President was their former governor. But even then, it was barely red. That gap has been widening since 1992 and Presidential elections have gone more than 60% Democrat in the last four elections.

Right now Texas is turning more purple, thanks to so many Californians moving there.
Pendulums swing.
True dat.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:08 am
Vēritās wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:33 pm
I think the issue is proving intent.
I'm not unfortunately but I have been listening to the legal experts talk about them afterwards and they always say the same thing about proving intent.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Rusty Bowers, the LDS Speaker of the Arizona House, helped save the Constitution when the Trump gang was dangling it by a thread in today's hearing. My guess is that most Arizona Republicans are still loyal to Trump and would stomp out the Constitution if asked by Trump.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:43 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:08 am
I'm not unfortunately but I have been listening to the legal experts talk about them afterwards and they always say the same thing about proving intent.
I've listened to every single word of them. I don't think there will be a problem with proving intent. If you don't have time to listen to the hearings, just increase the playback speed and you can get through it faster. Remember the legal experts are being paid to talk. I recommend listening to the primary source which would be the hearings and testimonies.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:51 am
Rusty Bowers, the LDS Speaker of the Arizona House, helped save the Constitution when the Trump gang was dangling it by a thread in today's hearing. My guess is that most Arizona Republicans are still loyal to Trump and would stomp out the Constitution if asked by Trump.
I was impressed with Mr. Bowers testimony and integrity! He stood fast when others may have faltered.

Slava Ukraini!
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Richard Nixon's resignation avoided what would have been a successful impeachment. The straw that broke the camel's back was a conversation between Haldeman and Nixon where they discussed -among other things- telling FBI investigators that they were endangering secret CIA operations.

After listening to the tape, 11 Republicans on the Judiciary Committee who had voted against impeachment said they would change their votes. And that was essentially the end for Nixon.

One phone conversation. The smoking gun.

This week we have seen more smoking guns than a Civil War reenactment. From Georgia, Arizona, Michigan story after story of pressure on officials up to threats of physical violence. Fake electors with plans to hide in Government offices overnight. Secret unsigned elector ballots being sent to Mike Pence. (Can't wait to hear the Ron Johnson follow up).

The thing is, a lot of the most damaging testimony has come from Republicans whose only crime was an adherence to the law and the Constitution. Thank God they were there.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:43 am
The thing is, a lot of the most damaging testimony has come from Republicans whose only crime was an adherence to the law and the Constitution. Thank God they were there.
Yes.

DJT has NO concept of what it means to dedicate oneself to anyone or anything else outside of himself. Not to public service and certainly not to a god. The contrast between self interest and solid character, couldn't possibly be any greater than it has been in these hearings.

I remain consistently and continuously amazed by the extent to which Giuliani has totally RUINED himself. And for what?

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Benny Thompson, Chairman of the Jan 6 committee, revealed that the Otero County Commissioner who refused to certify the election freely admitted that he had no evidence or facts whatsoever to support his claims about dominion voting machines being hacked. This fellow was Couy Griffin, who was convicted of illegally entering restricted U.S. capitol grounds. He said all he had was his gut feeling and intuition, and that that was all he needed!

It's outrageous that we have elected officials who base their decisions and actions on nothing but their gut feelings and intuition, sans any real evidence or facts whatsoever. Does anyone fail to see how stupid and potentially dangerous that is? Such people should never be allowed to hold office!
Last edited by Gunnar on Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.