Eternal Questions and Answers.

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

We mortals all began as a male or female intelligence, and have stayed such till this day and will do so through the eternities.

From an intelligence we progressed and were born to our Heavenly Parents as a baby with a Spiritual body, grew to maturity with free agency to choose.

Those who followed our Heavenly Parents and Jesus Christ were given the opportunity to come to this Earth to obtain a mortal body and to further progress.

Sadly many have instead regressed by choosing in this mortality to follow Lucifer, and consequently they and he will continue to regress until once again an intelligence, and for them the whole process starts all over again.
msnobody
First Presidency

Re: Eternal Questions and Answers.

Post by msnobody »

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:03 am
We mortals all began as a male or female intelligence, and have stayed such till this day and will do so through the eternities.

From an intelligence we progressed and were born to our Heavenly Parents as a baby with a Spiritual body, grew to maturity with free agency to choose.

Those who followed our Heavenly Parents and Jesus Christ were given the opportunity to come to this Earth to obtain a mortal body and to further progress.

Sadly many have instead regressed by choosing in this mortality to follow Lucifer, and consequently they and he will continue to regress until once again an intelligence, and for them the whole process starts all over again.
Sounds like an exhausting religion.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Moroni 7
15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny Him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.

18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.
Moksha
God

Re: Eternal Questions and Answers.

Post by Moksha »

I like that LDS hymn sung to the tune of Yo ho, blow the man down.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Can you recall the name of the Hymn?
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

:?:
Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:15 am
Can you recall the name of the Hymn?
Moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:34 am
I like that LDS hymn sung to the tune of Yo ho, blow the man down.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Sometime after 800 B.C. The lost tribes of Israel gave away much of their identity as a group and were unable to keep the Hebrew language. But much of their culture continued among them and the peoples they came in contact with as Custom.

[youtube]fbbSVjVWX-4[/YouTube]

[youtube]fbbSVjVWX-4[/youtube]
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

There are many Scriptural references one could cite from our pre existence to Adam to today... but one must receive ones own understanding of the Eternal Plan of Salvation through the power of the Holy Spirit, by Scripture study and sincere prayer.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Jesus Christ stands supreme above all of God’s creations. Salvation is found only in Christ.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... ng=eng#p16

Moses 8: 15.
And the Lord said unto Noah: The daughters of thy sons have sold themselves; for behold mine anger is kindled against the sons of men, for they will not hearken to my voice.