January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: January 6th Committee alleges Trump 'criminal conspiracy'

Post by Moksha »

Binger wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:07 am
Pendulums swing.
I think you are right about Republicans wanting to abandon America. Two strong factions wish to establish the New Confederacy and the Kingdom of Deseret.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

What day are they doing the cross-examination portion of this "trial"? Does anyone know? I suspect that is going to be must-watch TV.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:39 pm
What day are they doing the cross-examination portion of this "trial"? Does anyone know? I suspect that is going to be must-watch TV.

Oh yeah. The cross examinations are scheduled for July. Public executions to follow in August.

You're welcome.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:58 pm
Binger wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:39 pm

Oh yeah. The cross examinations are scheduled for July. Public executions to follow in August.

You're welcome.
Thanks. Do you know what day in July they will be doing the cross examinations of witnesses?
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:51 am
Rusty Bowers, the LDS Speaker of the Arizona House, helped save the Constitution when the Trump gang was dangling it by a thread in today's hearing. My guess is that most Arizona Republicans are still loyal to Trump and would stomp out the Constitution if asked by Trump.
Yes! Good for him! I'll bet that before long (when most LDS voters finally figure out how foolish it was to trust in Trump in the first place) there will be no shortage of Mormons claiming this as fulfillment of Joseph Smith's famous prophecy about that. I wonder how much longer it will take for the majority of LDS to feel embarrassed or even guilty for ever having been duped by Donald J. Trump.

I am also somewhat proud of Mitt Romney for having the courage and integrity to vote to convict Trump in the impeachment, and thoroughly disgusted with Mike Lee's continuing obeisance to Trump. I can't help wondering if Mike Lee is a descendant of John D. Lee, one of the LDS leaders involved in the Mountain Meadows Massacre of 1857, and who was convicted and executed for his role in it.

Incidentally, I once had a missionary companion Named Lee who was a direct descendant of that infamous John D. Lee. He stoutly maintained that his ancestor was eventually posthumously found innocent and exonerated!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Equality
CTR B

Post by Equality »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:11 pm
Moksha wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:51 am
Rusty Bowers, the LDS Speaker of the Arizona House, helped save the Constitution when the Trump gang was dangling it by a thread in today's hearing. My guess is that most Arizona Republicans are still loyal to Trump and would stomp out the Constitution if asked by Trump.
Yes! Good for him! I'll bet that before long (when most LDS voters finally figure out how foolish it was to trust in Trump in the first place) there will be no shortage of Mormons claiming this as fulfillment of Joseph Smith's famous prophecy about that. I wonder how much longer it will take for the majority of LDS to feel embarrassed or even guilty for ever having been duped by Donald J. Trump.

I am also somewhat proud of Mitt Romney for having the courage and integrity to vote to convict Trump in the impeachment, and thoroughly disgusted with Mike Lee's continuing obeisance to Trump. I can't help wondering if Mike Lee is a descendant of John D. Lee, one of the LDS leaders involved in the Mountain Meadows Massacre of 1857, and who was convicted and executed for his role in it.

Incidentally, I once had a missionary companion Named Lee who was a direct descendant of that infamous John D. Lee. He stoutly maintained that his ancestor was eventually posthumously found innocent and exonerated!
Lol. “F” that guy Bowers. Knowing that Trump fomented an insurrection and illegally tried to remain in office, getting people killed in the process, this idiot says he'll vote for Trump in 2024 if he runs again. No shame. No lesson learned. He'll gladly pull the lever for a full-on fascist corrupt demented criminal before voting for a Democrat. He doesn't deserve any more praise for doing the absolute bare minimum (i.e., doing his job and not committing crimes. Guess what. I did my job today and didn't rob a bank. Am I a hero?) when he still supports the orange shitgibbon. “F” that guy and any Republican not named Cheney, Romney, or Kinziger.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Equality wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:42 am
Lol. “F” that guy Bowers. Knowing that Trump fomented an insurrection and illegally tried to remain in office, getting people killed in the process, this idiot says he'll vote for Trump in 2024 if he runs again. No shame. No lesson learned. He'll gladly pull the lever for a full-on fascist corrupt demented criminal before voting for a Democrat. He doesn't deserve any more praise for doing the absolute bare minimum (i.e., doing his job and not committing crimes. Guess what. I did my job today and didn't rob a bank. Am I a hero?) when he still supports the orange shitgibbon. “F” that guy and any Republican not named Cheney, Romney, or Kinziger.
Really? Even after acknowledging that Trump did indeed try to illegally overturn the election, Bowers still says he'll vote for that moral reprobate if he runs? You're right! He still deserves to be voted out of office. Yet he still deserves some gratitude for helping to expose what Trump did and tried to do.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Equality wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:42 am
“F” that guy and any Republican not named Cheney, Romney, or Kinziger.
Yeah. I can't tell the difference between Pelosi and McConnell either. They are all the same to me.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:11 pm
I can't help wondering if Mike Lee is a descendant of John D. Lee, one of the LDS leaders involved in the Mountain Meadows Massacre of 1857, and who was convicted and executed for his role in it.
He is, but then so were the Udalls.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Even when the hear it with their own ears and see it with their own eyes, they don't believe it. Didn't Trump tell them not to believe what they saw a while back? Jordan Klepper who did the interviews likened their deflections to releasing the chaff in combat. :shock:

Listen to their explanations here:

This is how Trump supporters reacted to seeing parts of Jan. 6 hearing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR_BG3Ksr9c
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!