RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: RvW Overturned - Abortions Now Illegal

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Justice Thomas is already gunning for contraception. He’ll have the backing of Kavanaugh and ACB. These Justices are going to have major impacts on the social fabric of this country for years to come. As mentioned above, it’ll be interesting to see how people end up migrating as a result to states that reflect their values, and that will have interesting effects on our Republic.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Kukulkan wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:16 pm
canpakes wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:04 pm
Although, there’s the point that despite this striving to remain (or appearing to remain) ‘neutral’, these justices all aligned to the same side of the decision when it came time to rule on it.
Yes because being realistic, Roe held itself on VERY thin ice. Ruther Bader Ginsburg wasn't even a fan of it and she has famously been championed as the woman's rights SC Justice.

Understood, but the remaining justices basically split on the decision. Point being, that personal ideological biases seem to have played a significant enough role when considering the specific justices highlighted above.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:18 pm
That literally makes abortion illegal, definitions aside, in states that want to ban abortion (definitions aside). I feel like Some Schmo probably represents the broader Leftist zeitgeist right now.
I'd like to think I represent a personal responsibility and freedom sentiment. I'm not interested in whatever "leftists" want. Our interests may align in certain areas, but I'm speaking on behalf of myself.
Anyway. If this ruling will prevent ‘exactly zero’ abortions, but will ‘kill women’, how? Will women who are stuck in regressive states have secret abortions in those states by the tens of thousands? That seems tricky and risky considering the apparatus now set against them. Wouldn’t they just go to another state, or carry the baby to term? Or are you talking about the inevitable risky business that pregnancy incurs that, unfortunately, some women and girls will end up dead?

- Doc
It's both the risky nature coupled with the fact that most women can't just up and drive/fly to another state for a medical procedure. They don't have the money or the time off work. What if you find out bringing the baby to term is going to kill you, you're in the third trimester, and you can no longer fly?

It seems to me that if we're going to tell women what to do, it should be just as stringent for men. If you get a woman pregnant in a state where it's illegal to have an abortion, you are financially liable for that pregnancy and the child's welfare until they are 25.

Then let's see where it takes these douchey damned men's opinions on abortion.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:23 pm
I'm sure it's pretty inconvenient for the screaming infant being dismembered and sucked up through a vacuum cleaner and flushed down the toilet. But who cares about the babies, they can't even vote. The bleeding heart of the liberal has no concern for such beings.

Well, considering that such a thing doesn’t happen with first-trimester abortions in a clinic, and that your description much better matches what will soon be happening inside the homes of women who feel as if they have no choice, then you can welcome your dystopian vision with the knowledge that your vote can help to preserve the new normal.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:45 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:23 pm
I'm sure it's pretty inconvenient for the screaming infant being dismembered and sucked up through a vacuum cleaner and flushed down the toilet. But who cares about the babies, they can't even vote. The bleeding heart of the liberal has no concern for such beings.
Well, considering that such a thing doesn’t happen with first-trimester abortions in a clinic, and that your description much better matches what will soon be happening inside the homes of women who feel as if they have no choice, then you can welcome your dystopian vision with the knowledge that your vote can help to preserve the new normal.
It's hard to take seriously this complaint from someone who has no problem with mass shootings in elementary schools... at least, not enough of a problem to recommend actually doing something about it.

Hell, you can't take seriously any Trump voter's fake concerns for human life. They lost credibility years ago. damned ajax would fully support an abortion if he knew the fetus would grow up Democrat.

Liars will lie.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:54 pm
canpakes wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:45 pm

It's hard to take seriously this complaint from someone who has no problem with mass shootings in elementary schools... at least, not enough of a problem to recommend actually doing something about it.

Hell, you can't take seriously any Trump voter's fake concerns for human life. They lost credibility years ago. damned ajax would fully support an abortion if he knew the fetus would grow up Democrat.

Liars will lie.
Don’t forget Xanax wants to send hundreds of thousands of Americans overseas to conquer foreign countries, presumably killing millions, to plunder their resources, and to settle the lands. The untold deaths both immediately and across history would be incalculable. So, he’s not really “pro” life.

On the upside, it’s nice to see he’s supportive of black birth rates increasing, now that he’s not a racist any more. For example, 81% of women in MS getting an abortion are Black. When MS outright bans abortion, this will most likely result in a fairly significant increase in the Black population. So, it’s kind of nice to see Xanax change his tune toward our fellow Black Americans, and embrace the added diversity to our cultural mix.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:04 pm
On the upside, it’s nice to see he’s supportive of black birth rates increasing, now that he’s not a racist any more. For example, 81% of women in MS getting an abortion are Black. When MS outright bans abortion, this will most likely result in a fairly significant increase in the Black population. So, it’s kind of nice to see Xanax change his tune toward our fellow Black Americans, and embrace the added diversity to our cultural mix.
I was thinking about this too. If ajax objects to increased numbers of poor black people, he couldn't have done less for his self-interest than to support an abortion ban.

msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

canpakes wrote:
msnobody wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:11 pm
I was an unwanted pregnancy and could have very easily been aborted. At the same time, there was somebody in the world that prayed for an infant and adopted me at six weeks old. What is nine months of inconvenience?

This is obviously a wonderful outcome. But, it’s not always as easy a decision, considering all circumstances.

As example, here’s a slightly different situation, presented via the following link:

https://apple.news/AT_eDc-UNTciJlHJgdNblWg
It is still wrong.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

msnobody wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:18 pm
canpakes wrote:

This is obviously a wonderful outcome. But, it’s not always as easy a decision, considering all circumstances.

As example, here’s a slightly different situation, presented via the following link:

https://apple.news/AT_eDc-UNTciJlHJgdNblWg
It is still wrong.
Did you read the article?

- Doc
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

If you are pro birth (and I know that's your only real concern... that the baby actually pops out. After that, it's on its own), it's clear you are pro-quantity of life, not pro-quality of life. You are emotionally attached to the ideal of a baby without regard for the reality of babies.

In other words, you haven't really thought it through.

To put it in terms you can understand, it's like the fetus is a home invader, and you're trying to take away my right to self-defense.