Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Hawkeye »

So, why did the previous Administration follow the course that it did?
The Governors made COVID policy. Voters knew who was behind the shutdowns.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

That’s 33,000,000 Americans this “pro-life” Qtardlican believes was ok to sacrifice to Moloch. That’s something like 20x the number of Americans dying in US wars. That’s more abortions than in the combined last 24 years.

The GOP is a death cult.

- Doc
You live in perpetual fear of death. That leads to poverty and a lousy standard of living. The point is that the shutdowns did little but delay the inevitable. The cure was far worse than the disease.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:44 pm
But it's all about you.
Hopefully when your party gets thrashed in this upcoming midterm election, you'll realize this shutdown and subsequent inflation brought on by printing trillions of dollars, has stirred a lot more righteous indignation in far more people than just me.
Hopefully you will be vindicated, you mean?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:16 am
The point is that the shutdowns did little but delay the inevitable. The cure was far worse than the disease.
That's demonstratively not true. It really just comes down to you being a narcissist who has associated your own identity with Trump and couldn't argue a political theory in either direction beyond, "liberals are evil". Which, to be clear, is not a political theory. It's just stupid nonsense.

I do wonder why folks show up on the board claiming conservatives aren't given a fair chance to express their views. I haven't seen an actual political conservative represented ideologically on this board in years. It's mostly been replaced with flag-draped personal butthurt.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:16 am
That’s 33,000,000 Americans this “pro-life” Qtardlican believes was ok to sacrifice to Moloch. That’s something like 20x the number of Americans dying in US wars. That’s more abortions than in the combined last 24 years.

The GOP is a death cult.

- Doc
1) You live in perpetual fear of death.

2) That leads to poverty and a lousy standard of living.

3) The point is that the shutdowns did little but delay the inevitable. The cure was far worse than the disease.
1) Case #3457 of “Ajax Doesn’t damned Read”. I’m in perpetual fear of death. :roll:

2) Case #8465 of “Qtards Just Say Stuff”. Somehow “fear of death” leads to poverty and a lousy standard of living. :roll:

3) Case #9856 of “GOPharts Asserting Nonsense”. Apparently 1,000,000 dying instead of 33,000,000 dying is “far worse than the disease.” :roll:

The sheer level of dogmatically retarded crap that comes out of Ajax’s keyboard is damned amazing.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

:roll:

In other news...how are all our sick folks doing? Veritas, Gunnar, and MeDot?

You better, boys?
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:58 am

In other news...how are all our sick folks doing? Veritas, Gunna, and MeDot?

You better, boys?
I got well after a few days, felt 100% but then a day later I started up with the sniffles and now it is just an annoyance with slight congestion. But no fever or pain of any kind at this point.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

I found this very interesting:

Deaths with unknown causes now Alberta's top killer: province

The number one cause of death in this part of Canada is "unknown." How can it not be COVID related?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:58 am

In other news...how are all our sick folks doing? Veritas, Gunna, and MeDot?

You better, boys?
I feel like I'm entirely over it. I am through with the 5-day course of Paxlovid, and I really have no symptoms to speak of, other than an occasional bit of loose phlegm that still rattles around a bit in my throat. Yet, I took another home covid test today, and got a positive result. Oddly, though, my wife and daughter, who both still have lingering but slight sore throat, tested negative today. They were the first to test positive, the day before I first tested positive. Maybe that's the only reason they tested negative again before i did. I will, of course, test again tomorrow and, if necessary, again the next day until I test negative again.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

I echo Gunnar. Today is Thursday, I was symptomatic on Saturday, tested positive on Sunday. Symptoms have been like a mild to moderate cold, and I've started feeling better. My congestion is down without taking antihistamines, so I'm not mouth-breathing, which means my throat isn't sore. The highest temperature I got was between 99 and 100.

If I had never heard of Covid and experienced this illness, I would just think I had a cold. I'd be thinking about going back to work tomorrow. As a man in my seventies, I'm grateful waited to get Covid after 4 shots, and seem to have contracted a milder variant.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land