Pandemic: Life on the ground

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Pandemic: Life on the ground

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:46 am
I found this very interesting:

Deaths with unknown causes now Alberta's top killer: province

The number one cause of death in this part of Canada is "unknown." How can it not be COVID related?
Qtards are saying it’s the vaccine killing people off.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:58 am
:roll:

In other news...how are all our sick folks doing? Veritas, Gunna, and MeDot?

You better, boys?
I got well after a few days, felt 100% but then a day later I started up with the sniffles and now it is just an annoyance with slight congestion. But no fever or pain of any kind at this point.
I'm glad to hear this! I hope your wife is well! Did the bad taste go away?
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:00 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:58 am
:roll:

In other news...how are all our sick folks doing? Veritas, Gunna, and MeDot?

You better, boys?
I feel like I'm entirely over it. I am through with the 5-day course of Paxlovid, and I really have no symptoms to speak of, other than an occasional bit of loose phlegm that still rattles around a bit in my throat. Yet, I took another home covid test today, and got a positive result. Oddly, though, my wife and daughter, who both still have lingering but slight sore throat, tested negative today. They were the first to test positive, the day before I first tested positive. Maybe that's the only reason they tested negative again before i did. I will, of course, test again tomorrow and, if necessary, again the next day until I test negative again.
I'd like to hear updates about your test when you do them, Gunnar. Might you say if everyone took the Paxlovid or was it only you?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:36 am
I echo Gunnar. Today is Thursday, I was symptomatic on Saturday, tested positive on Sunday. Symptoms have been like a mild to moderate cold, and I've started feeling better. My congestion is down without taking antihistamines, so I'm not mouth-breathing, which means my throat isn't sore. The highest temperature I got was between 99 and 100.

If I had never heard of Covid and experienced this illness, I would just think I had a cold. I'd be thinking about going back to work tomorrow. As a man in my seventies, I'm grateful waited to get Covid after 4 shots, and seem to have contracted a milder variant.
Did you ever get the Paxlovid, MeDot? I'm so glad to hear you're doing well! I do think the vaccine and boosters are the reason you all have recovered so quickly! I'm happy to hear all of this...you know I get to worrying about people around here just like I do when it's in real life friends and family. I do care.

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:51 am
I'd like to hear updates about your test when you do them, Gunnar. Might you say if everyone took the Paxlovid or was it only you?
All four of us in my household took the Paxlovid for 5 days. I got a reduced dose, designated a "renal dose" (two pills at a time taken two times per day), because of my somewhat compromised kidneys. The rest of us got the full standard dose of three pills taken two times per day. I promise to keep everyone here updated on further tests. It means a lot to me that you care about the rest of us in this little cyber community. I have no doubt that that caring is reciprocated by many of us -- certainly by me! I don't know for sure whether that reduced dose is the reason I was slower to test negative again, or whether that was only because I was the last of us to test positive.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:50 am
Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 am
I got well after a few days, felt 100% but then a day later I started up with the sniffles and now it is just an annoyance with slight congestion. But no fever or pain of any kind at this point.
I'm glad to hear this! I hope your wife is well! Did the bad taste go away?
Bad taste is gone.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:39 pm
Bad taste is gone.
Same here. Paxlovid bitter taste gone completely and was never very strong in my case to begin with. It actually started to disappear before I stopped taking the Paxlovid.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

So you're saying COVID will cure my chronic bad taste? :lol:
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:56 pm
So you're saying COVID will cure my chronic bad taste? :lol:
There's probably no sure cure for that! ;)
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

I mentioned to my doctor that I am still testing positive despite no longer having symptoms, and he replied:
You don't need to keep on testing since some patient will remain positive for weeks, but that does not mean that you are contagious after 5-10 days.
So apparently, even being fully recovered from Covid does not necessarily mean one will immediately test negative afterwards. That's somewhat frustrating and disappointing.