State of the Pandemic

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Re: State of the Pandemic

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:03 pm
Binger, bottom-line a few things for folks, so that no incorrect assumptions are made:

1. Do you believe that no administered dose of any of the currently available COVID vaccines has ever prevented a COVID infection?

2. Do you believe that no administered dose of any of the currently available COVID vaccines has ever mitigated the effects of a COVID infection?

3. Do you believe that negative pressure rooms provide 100% infection prevention between any two occupants within that room?

4. What measures, if any, should the public employ in order to reduce coronavirus transmission?

Thanks.
Why are you not approving my posts before you post again?
No, no, retarded AF question, stay fit and get back to work and school.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:24 pm
drumdude wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:10 pm
There are good arguments that we should be doing more than just masks to prevent infection. Something as simple as putting an antiseptic swab up your nose after being in a large crowd to kill the virus there before it gets a chance to break into your system could be very effective. More research is needed.
“And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me.”

(asking for a friend)
Yeah Trump did an incredible amount of damage. Even legitimate treatments, if promoted by him, were dismissed out of a knee jerk reaction.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
I think that you’d rather have the fellow with COVID who’s coughing while directly facing you to keep wearing a mask, and that you wouldn’t request that he remove it during his coughing spell. Even now. And it’s OK for you to prefer that. No one will tell on you. : )
Holy *****, panny. Are you under the impression that patients in the hospitals are all wearing masks? Are you also under the illusion that hospital conditions are the same as the fastener aisle at Home Depot and the yoga studio in Tribeca?

This may explain your delusions.
Only if you are reading things that aren’t written, in yet another attempt by you to retreat to some sort of strange straw man.
: D

Oh, here is my science that the vaccines leaked: They don't work and gunnar got the 'rona and Res started a thread about B.5 or something like that.
Did you think that the vaccines made little cup-like enclosures around the nasty coronavirus, and some leaked through?

That sounds as plausible as what you’ve written above, especially considering your use of ‘leak’. That made me smile, too.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:17 pm
canpakes wrote:
Binger, bottom-line a few things for folks, so that no incorrect assumptions are made:

1. Do you believe that no administered dose of any of the currently available COVID vaccines has ever prevented a COVID infection?

2. Do you believe that no administered dose of any of the currently available COVID vaccines has ever mitigated the effects of a COVID infection?

3. Do you believe that negative pressure rooms provide 100% infection prevention between any two occupants within that room?

4. What measures, if any, should the public employ in order to reduce coronavirus transmission?

Thanks.

I’m under no obligation to magically approve any posts on any timeline if I can’t see them.

Anyway, thanks for giving some answers. To recap:
You replied: “No”. You apparently believe that the COVID vaccines can work.

Earlier today, in this same thread, you stated that “Claims that the vaccines prevent infection have been debunked and abandoned,” so your opinion seems to be evolving (mutating? Lol).

You replied: “No”. You apparently believe that the COVID vaccines can mitigate symptoms resulting from infections.

You replied: “retarded AF question”, so one can guess that you do not believe that negative pressure rooms provide 100% infection prevention between any two occupants within that room.

You replied, “stay fit and get back to work and school.”
I’m pretty sure that everyone is back to work and school at this point. In the meantime, I’ll arrange some visits for you at a few local nursing homes so that you can explain to the seniors that they need to start a jogging program to avoid having COVID being passed off on to them.

Strange that you left ‘use negative pressure rooms’ off your list. Maybe you have some inside knowledge that these are overhyped, or something.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:13 am
Binger wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:17 pm

I’m under no obligation to magically approve any posts on any timeline if I can’t see them.

Anyway, thanks for giving some answers. To recap:
You replied: “No”. You apparently believe that the COVID vaccines can work.

Earlier today, in this same thread, you stated that “Claims that the vaccines prevent infection have been debunked and abandoned,” so your opinion seems to be evolving (mutating? Lol).

You replied: “No”. You apparently believe that the COVID vaccines can mitigate symptoms resulting from infections.

You replied: “retarded AF question”, so one can guess that you do not believe that negative pressure rooms provide 100% infection prevention between any two occupants within that room.

You replied, “stay fit and get back to work and school.”
I’m pretty sure that everyone is back to work and school at this point. In the meantime, I’ll arrange some visits for you at a few local nursing homes so that you can explain to the seniors that they need to start a jogging program to avoid having COVID being passed off on to them.

Strange that you left ‘use negative pressure rooms’ off your list. Maybe you have some inside knowledge that these are overhyped, or something.
A vaccine that can work is not the same as a vaccine that works.
I have a Lamborghinis that work and one that can work. They are all great. And they are not all reliable all the time. A batter that bats .005 can still bat, I admit that too. In fact, a sub-Mendoza batter can even hit a home run and a grand slam, believe it or not.

Your question about negative pressure rooms is so damn funny. I am really truly laughing my ass off, panny. I mean, really, really, really really really really laughing. And, since you missed the part about negative pressure relationships, I will just ignore the rest of your slobbering too.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:31 am
A vaccine that can work is not the same as a vaccine that works.
I have a Lamborghinis that work and one that can work. They are all great. And they are not all reliable all the time. A batter that bats .005 can still bat, I admit that too. In fact, a sub-Mendoza batter can even hit a home run and a grand slam, believe it or not.
Science seems to conclude that the vaccine is batting better than .005. In any event, it’s good to see you acknowledge that the vaccines have worked to either prevent infections, or to mitigate symptoms for some that have been infected. Progress!

Your question about negative pressure rooms is so damn funny. I am really truly laughing my ass off, panny. I mean, really, really, really really really really laughing. And, since you missed the part about negative pressure relationships, I will just ignore the rest of your slobbering too.
If you believed that to be a serious question, then you’re saying more about yourself than anyone else. But, I’m happy to have twisted your nipple on that one for my own amusement. : D
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

couple questions:

1) If vaccines "work" but we won't say any more than a Lambo that can run, what works better, Moderna or Ivermectin?

2) Is it just as okay for states to mandate lockdowns and mask wearing as it is for them to outlaw abortions?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:39 am
couple questions:

1) If vaccines "work" but we won't say any more than a Lambo that can run, what works better, Moderna or Ivermectin?

2) Is it just as okay for states to mandate lockdowns and mask wearing as it is for them to outlaw abortions?
1) I'm saddened that the debate has gotten so polarized that the distinction between prophylactic (Moderna vaccine) and treatment (Ivermectin, steroids, Paxlovid, ect) has been completely lost.

2) Federalism is definitely still a thing that can be used for good or ill. As Kant said, "the problem of setting up a state can be solved even by a nation of devils" so long as they possess an appropriate constitution which pits opposing factions against each other with a system of checks and balances.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:39 am
couple questions:

1) Rhetorical, right?

2) Yes, just as states have an interest in protecting potential human life, they have an interest in protecting actual human life, safety and health. Those fall under the very broad cluster of powers states have known as "police powers." As long as the action has some "rational basis," it's acting within its powers. State Constitutions could matter, but they typically track the U.S. Constitution on this type of issue. From mandatory masking to forced quarantine, state legislatures have established, broad powers to protect public health.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:25 pm

1) I'm saddened that the debate has gotten so polarized that the distinction between prophylactic (Moderna vaccine) and treatment (Ivermectin, steroids, Paxlovid, ect) has been completely lost.
What makes ivermectin "legit" treatment?

Study Finds No Benefit to Taking Ivermectin for COVID-19 Symptoms

Ivermectin under scrutiny: a systematic review and meta-analysis of efficacy

Non-effectiveness of Ivermectin on Inpatients and Outpatients With COVID-19; Results of Two Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trials
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18