The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hawkeye wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:42 pm
One thing I'll say for Res Ipsa is that at least he's consistent with his views on the global scamdemic response. More intellectually dishonest political "scientists" like Veritas actually tried to blame Trump and Republicans for the shutdown and stimulus dole.
"Intellectual honesty!"

Says the guy who has not one shred of credibility on this forum, even among the few who would likely agree with you, because if you're not regurgitating something from FOX or Brietbart you're proving yourself incapable of thinking on your own two feet.

Calling the pandemic a "scamdemic" only makes you look and sound more like an idiot. I mean good God, how many Americans need to die because you get your head out of Sean Hannity's arse and give a crap?

I never "blamed Trump" for shutdowns, I pointed out that you are trying to blame Democrats for something Trump did. Most of the shutdowns were just figments of your imagination, but you keep regurgitating that line because it is a staple in Right Wing propaganda now.

Split; SSP FR 1, FR 3 -cp-
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Re: From: State of the Pandemic

Post by Gunnar »

I don't think Hawkeye would recognize real intellectual honesty if it massively and painfully bit him in the fundament and/or the scrotum. He still can't bring himself to acknowledge or even address the blazingly slam dunk, irrefutable fact that few, if any, governments on earth handled the Covid-19 pandemic worse than did the Trump administration, given that our nation with only about 4% of the world's population had close to 25% of the deaths from it -- more than the combined total of the 2 most populous nations on earth with a combined total population more than 8 times that of the USA.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:26 am
I don't think Hawkeye would recognize real intellectual honesty if it massively and painfully bit him in the fundament and/or the scrotum. He still can't bring himself to acknowledge or even address the blazingly slam dunk, irrefutable fact that few, if any, governments on earth handled the Covid-19 pandemic worse than did the Trump administration, given that our nation with only about 4% of the world's population had close to 25% of the deaths from it -- more than the combined total of the 2 most populous nations on earth with a combined total population more than 8 times that of the USA.
Covid had a 99.97% survival rate for people under 70. And Candace Owens told us that as early as the summer of 2020 while you were still locked down and living off federal dole in California, while griping about the people who were going to work and paying your bills in Florida.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gunnar wrote:
Just to confirm. Gunnar, you believe that the USA had 25% of the global deaths from COVID. This is your belief, and you would like us to know that you confirmed this fact. And, further, it is your belief that the Trump administration is responsible for the USA having 25% of the global deaths with only 4% of the global population. Correct?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Once Trump is convicted and out of the limelight, will Republicans continue to be anti-science and public health?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:14 pm
Once Trump is convicted and out of the limelight, will Republicans continue to be anti-science and public health?
I mean, Ronald Reagan called evolution "just a theory", he laughed off the damage to the ozone layer and other environmental threats, and his administration laughed off AIDS for years. To a large extent, Trump is just a manifestation of the deeper rot that has been afflicting the party for decades.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:16 pm
Covid had a 99.97% survival rate for people under 70. And Candace Owens told us that as early as the summer of 2020 while you were still locked down and living off federal dole in California, while griping about the people who were going to work and paying your bills in Florida.
When President Trump issued his directive suggesting that over 40% of the US Population shelter-in-place for at the very least, a month, the survival rate was much (much) lower.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Binger wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:46 pm
Gunnar wrote:
Just to confirm. Gunnar, you believe that the USA had 25% of the global deaths from COVID. This is your belief, and you would like us to know that you confirmed this fact. And, further, it is your belief that the Trump administration is responsible for the USA having 25% of the global deaths with only 4% of the global population. Correct?
This is how things stood 2 years ago before the end of Trump's Presidency:

The US has 4% of the world’s population but 25% of its coronavirus cases

That is what I based that claim on. Please click on it and take an honest look at it. Since that time, due to vaccinations and other efforts to mitigate the pandemic, comparison between the U.S. and world Covid-19 statistics have improved.

United States
Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:

World Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

Thus, now the USA has 16% of the total cases and about 16.4% of the total deaths. But that is still highly disproportionate considering that we have only about 4% of the world's population. Still, we are clearly doing better compared to the rest of the world since the beginning of the Biden Presidency. Thus, I still think it is entirely fair to largely blame Trump for the USA's comparatively poor initial response to the pandemic.

ETA: I don't necessarily claim that Trump deservers zero credit for the Vaccines that were developed during his watch, but the fact remains that his initial response and much of his subsequent response to the pandemic was grossly and even stupidly irresponsible and purely self-serving.
Last edited by Gunnar on Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Hawkeye wrote:
Gunnar wrote:
Candace Owens is every bit as pathologically dishonest and clueless as Trump, himself, and the fact still remains that you can't even come close to refuting the irrefutable conclusion I cited above, nor did you even try to address it.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:23 pm
Hawkeye wrote:

Candace Owens is every bit as pathologically dishonest and clueless as Trump, himself, and the fact still remains that you can't even come close to refuting the irrefutable conclusion I cited above, nor did you even try to address it.
Is that true, Gunnar? Were Floridians buying your groceries and paying your electric bill in summer 2020? Would you mind forwarding their e-mail address? I have some bills myself.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.