Six Days in August is asking for donations

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Six Days in August is asking for donations

Post by drumdude »

Apparently the massive success of Witnesses was not enough to fund the best theatrical feature in the Interpreter Cinematic Universe (ICU).

The captivating title alone should be able to get many more non Mormons into the auditoriums. That’s before even seeing the sexy hunk actor who will undoubtedly be playing the role of Brigham Young.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Six Days in August is asking for donations

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:02 pm
That’s before even seeing the sexy hunk actor who will undoubtedly be playing the role of Brigham Young.
They'll need to do a shirtless scene. There's at least one shirtless moment in nearly every "Cinematic Universe" film.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Ah, of course—the anti-Community of Christ film, where they are deliberately leaving out any mention of Joseph Smith III as a possible successor.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Does that mean we can call DCP an anti-Mormon? He always argued that he never spent any time creating pamphlets against other religions, yet here he is creating an entire film.
Doctor Scratch

Post by Doctor Scratch »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:27 am
Does that mean we can call DCP an anti-Mormon? He always argued that he never spent any time creating pamphlets against other religions, yet here he is creating an entire film.
His behavior over the years has been antithetical to everything that I understand to be good about the LDS Church, so in that sense, yes—he is an anti-Mormon.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:46 pm
Ah, of course—the anti-Community of Christ film, where they are deliberately leaving out any mention of Joseph Smith III as a possible successor.
It’s a bold move—to try to affirm the exclusive truthfulness of one branch of the Restoration. The idea that the Succession clearly points to the LDS Church being the ONLY true church of those that arose out of the ashes of Nauvoo is ludicrous and untenable, but that doesn’t stop the Mopologetic enterprise. And I consider this outing, unlike Witnesses, to be a Mopologetic film, in that it is divisive by design.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

drumdude wrote:
Apparently the massive success of Witnesses was not enough to fund the best theatrical feature in the Interpreter Cinematic Universe (ICU).

The captivating title alone should be able to get many more non Mormons into the auditoriums. That’s before even seeing the sexy hunk actor who will undoubtedly be playing the role of Brigham Young.
Have they now provided an accounting of the use of funds on the first film, Witnesses?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Will the Interpreter crew use claymation to turn the face of Brigham into the countenance of Joseph?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor Scratch

Post by Doctor Scratch »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:09 pm
drumdude wrote:

Have they now provided an accounting of the use of funds on the first film, Witnesses?
No, they haven't. But it's safe to say that they will essentially have to start from scratch in terms of their fundraising, because Witnesses was a box office flop.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

A comment on SeN asked if it cost roughly 1.1 million, which matches with Interpreter’s public tax records. Dan didn’t challenge that question, and stated only that the next movie would be around the same cost as the first.