What If? 2020

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: What If? 2020

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:31 pm
Jesus, honor.
Also, Jesus Honaire just became an NPC in my D&D campaign. Thanks for the idea.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:41 pm
Binger wrote:

Jesus, honor. McConnell is a crap stain on society. But ya know. Maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration to make a point. You should ask the moderators to ban me or kill me since you are so smart.
Or, alternatively, I can ask you to engage in good faith by supporting your assertions. You know. It's a discussion forum not a Cultellus blog.
Then stopping making this about me, and stick to the topic. I certainly did not start talking about you.

Here is my good faith assertion. I DO NOT VOTE IN ELECTIONS WITH VOTE BY MAIL. I DO NOT RECOMMEND VOTING IN ELECTIONS WITH VOTE BY MAIL. Y'ALL ARE FREE TO CARRY ON WITHOUT ME. Y'ALL CAN THANK ME FOR NOT VOTING AGAINST YOUR SELECTIONS FOR CANDIDATES AND OTHER MEASURES.

Here is another good faith assertion. IF YOU LIKE VOTING BY MAIL, DO IT. In most states, voting by mail is your right. That may be true in all states. I, frankly, don't care.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:17 pm

Oh? Feel free to put forward the evidence that non-Trumper members of the GOP hate McConnell beyond the infighting over Trump. I'm intrigued.
Jesus, honor. McConnell is a crap stain on society. But ya know. Maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration to make a point. You should ask the moderators to ban me or kill me since you are so smart.
Hey, bro, here's Jim Jordan saying that anyone in the GOP who works with Biden is the worst. McConnell is mentioned in the article so maybe this is what you meant?

https://www.businessinsider.com/jim-jor ... ion-2022-7
While Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky — known for employing sharply partisan maneuvering from Supreme Court nominations to GOP-led tax plans — has been a surprising supporter of some of the Biden-endorsed legislation, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy of California has led his caucus against most of the administration's agenda items.

Jordan praised McCarthy for taking such a position, telling Politico that the GOP leader was "on the side of the American people."

The Ohio Republican then contended that voters disliked the bipartisan legislation coming out of Congress.

Here's the original Politico article: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/2 ... s-00048565
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Binger wrote:
You should ask the moderators to ban me or kill me since you are so smart.

“Ask someone to ban me so that I don’t have to talk about my assertions.”

Well, that’s a new one.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:51 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:41 pm

Or, alternatively, I can ask you to engage in good faith by supporting your assertions. You know. It's a discussion forum not a Cultellus blog.
Then stopping making this about me, and stick to the topic. I certainly did not start talking about you.

Here is my good faith assertion. I DO NOT VOTE IN ELECTIONS WITH VOTE BY MAIL. I DO NOT RECOMMEND VOTING IN ELECTIONS WITH VOTE BY MAIL. Y'ALL ARE FREE TO CARRY ON WITHOUT ME. Y'ALL CAN THANK ME FOR NOT VOTING AGAINST YOUR SELECTIONS FOR CANDIDATES AND OTHER MEASURES.

Here is another good faith assertion. IF YOU LIKE VOTING BY MAIL, DO IT. In most states, voting by mail is your right. That may be true in all states. I, frankly, don't care.
So what you are saying - explicitly - is you aren't engaging in dialog or an exchange of ideas as is required for a democracy. But instead are a malcontent who views the issue as one where you feel disenfranchised so the system can kiss off. You don't care.

Sounds about right.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:14 am
Binger wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:51 pm

So what you are saying - explicitly - is you aren't engaging in dialog or an exchange of ideas as is required for a democracy. But instead are a malcontent who views the issue as one where you feel disenfranchised so the system can kiss off. You don't care.

Sounds about right.
meh... whatever. If they want to pick up ballots from drop boxes and post boxes, great. Have a great time. I am going fishing.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:17 am
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:14 am

Sounds about right.
meh... whatever. If they want to pick up ballots from drop boxes and post boxes, great. Have a great time. I am going fishing.
To bring this up to this forum, you aren't able to offer a reasoned defense for your opposition to mail-in ballots other than your innate malcontentedness. It's part of the difference between popular opinions working within a democratic process compared to populist discontent and focus on opposition to a perceived oppressive elite. You exemplify why it is not accurate to call popular support the same thing as populism.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:38 am
Binger wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:17 am

To bring this up to this forum, you aren't able to offer a reasoned defense for your opposition to mail-in ballots other than your innate malcontentedness. It's part of the difference between popular opinions working within a democratic process compared to populist discontent and focus on opposition to a perceived oppressive elite. You exemplify why it is not accurate to call popular support the same thing as populism.
What the hell are you talking about?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Binger wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:40 am
honorentheos wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:38 am

Your inability to process the difference between populism and popular support.

ETA: I mean that literally. I don't believe you are actually capable of discerning the difference. It's too...damaging.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:47 am
Binger wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:40 am

Your inability to process the difference between populism and popular support.

ETA: I mean that literally. I don't believe you are actually capable of discerning the difference. It's too...damaging.
That is a diagnosis that you could not make with the information you have. Also, were you to have enough information to make a qualified diagnosis of me, it would require discussion and engagement, which, in another thread, you said I can't do. So which is it, honor? Do you dialogue enough with me to diagnose me, or do I not participate so you do not have the data?

And, am I really conversing with you here in Paradise? Or, are you only getting what the moderators allow? Is there a filter over this conversation?

For example. What if one of my posts was not allowed here, but it was a KEY part of my position on the topic. Could your diagnosis be swayed?