From ‘God Creation’: side conversations …

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Re: God Creation

Post by Hawkeye »

If someone really wants to 'opt out' of the system, go live in the woods. Find out what life is really like when you opt out. Most people just want to opt out of their obligations, but do not want to opt out of the benefits of the society they want to reject.
I'll agree to never collect a social security or SSI check. That's more than fair considering what I've already paid into the program. We call ourselves the land of liberty. But we're not really free.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:17 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:12 pm
ajax, given that you’ve been asking some interesting questions for others, here’s another for you:

If tomorrow you were to discover - without doubt - that God (however defined by you) did not exist, what would change about your interactions with others?
It's hard to say with so much inertia. But everything would change for me. If you think I'm bad now, you wouldn't want to be around me as a nonbeliever.
Ah, this makes sense. You’re are, in fact, a sociopath. Keep goin’ to church, dude, and keep WRITING THOSE FAT CHECKS TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Oh, hey. Also. I’m thinking about buying some more land, so imma need you to pick up a few more hours at Vision & Glasses. Baby needs a new pair of shoes, too.

Don’t make me wait me wait, Xanax! Get to it if you know what’s good for you (cocks guns). Chop chop! Baby gets mad if she knows the taxpayers are slacking.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:59 pm

Ultimately I do it for my own happiness.

Lol. You are one of the most miserable, impotent, unhappy people I have ever encountered.

“So when he calls me selfish why would I choose to work myself to death and bankrupt myself providing for his impoverished people? He would never do the same for my people. As he steadily marches forward chipping away at my constitutional rights and the rights of my posterity, why would I not stand up and fight him?” - mr A-H expressing his happiness one page back.

Nothing you have ever posted would lead me to think you are happy but, hey, at least you can find some comfort the delusion of a white, America-loving, Mormon sky wizard who stands with you against those evil minorities and liberals! I guess it adds some hope to your bleak, depressing existence…but, “happiness”? Lol.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Schreech wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:52 pm
Lol. You are one of the most miserable, impotent, unhappy people I have ever encountered.

“So when he calls me selfish why would I choose to work myself to death and bankrupt myself providing for his impoverished people? He would never do the same for my people. As he steadily marches forward chipping away at my constitutional rights and the rights of my posterity, why would I not stand up and fight him?” - mr A-H expressing his happiness one page back.

Nothing you have ever posted would lead me to think you are happy but, hey, at least you can find some comfort the delusion of a white, America-loving, Mormon sky wizard who stands with you against those evil minorities and liberals! I guess it adds some hope to your bleak, depressing existence…but, “happiness”? Lol.
Xanax’s posting as envisioned by the artist Manpoopi Enhiskrak

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Seriously, the Ten Commandments basically boil down to (1) don’t take other people’s crap, and (2) a few mentions about not chatting it up with other gods. The second one isn’t necessary for a functional society. It all comes down to the first one, and folks figured that out long before anyone was aware of the possibility of any God.
It seems to me like the first one is still a fight we're in today.
Are those the things that would drive you to be your best person? Or can there be other reasons?
I have no idea what might make up for those missing elements, but I doubt whether conviction of the existence of a Sky Daddy would help much.
So you've got nothing.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:05 pm

Xanax’s posting as envisioned by the artist Manpoopi Enhiskrak

- Doc
If there is one thing I have learned from mr A-H, it’s that living in America as a heterosexual, white, Christian male is super duper hard…if you are an angry, unsuccessful racist who bases your entire world view on right wing rage-aganda and worry more about what other people are doing with their lives than trying to better your own miserable existence.
Last edited by Schreech on Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:18 pm
Are those the things that would drive you to be your best person? Or can there be other reasons?
I have no idea what might make up for those missing elements, but I doubt whether conviction of the existence of a Sky Daddy would help much.
So you've got nothing.

ajax, are you replying above to Chap, or me? There are quotes from both of us, there.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:10 pm
I'll agree to never collect a social security or SSI check. That's more than fair considering what I've already paid into the program. We call ourselves the land of liberty. But we're not really free.
I find that to be an incredibly stupid attitude which displays a near total ignorance of the concept behind social security or SSI. Do you really not understand that social security checks are not some sort of government dole or freebie? They are returning to you your own money that you have invested into the system via the social security deductions from your paychecks, just as withdrawing money from your own personal savings account is reclaiming or receiving money that is your own. The government would be cheating citizens out of what is rightfully theirs if it did not issue social security checks to its citizens when they become eligible for them.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:17 pm
It's hard to say with so much inertia. But everything would change for me. If you think I'm bad now, you wouldn't want to be around me as a nonbeliever.
In other words, if you stopped believing you would be even more selfish and hateful towards others than you obviously already are? Horrors! In that case, I hope you never lose your belief in God!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Gunnar wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:27 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:10 pm
I find that to be an incredibly stupid attitude which displays a near total ignorance of the concept behind social security or SSI. Do you really not understand that social security checks are not some sort of government dole or freebie? They are returning to you your own money that you have invested into the system via the social security deductions from your paychecks, just as withdrawing money from your own personal savings account is reclaiming or receiving money that is your own. The government would be cheating citizens out of what is rightfully theirs if it did not issue social security checks to its citizens when they become eligible for them.
That’s, ah, only partially true, friend. I think not acknowledging the HUGE benefits and entitlements that exist within the SSA makes it seem like ‘leftists’ are lying about the matter. There’s a lot the SSA could do to keep cheats, lazies, and other grey area users out of the system.

- Doc