Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Vēritās »

Biden's Economy Added 528,000 jobs in July bringing us to unemployment to pre-pandemic levels.

Some recession, huh?

Guess Biden was right all along.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/comin ... =home-page

No mention of this huge news at FOX's front page headlines. Instead we're told the most important story is China and Pelosi along with Texas gov sticking it to the libs by dropping off busloads of immigrants in NYC.

This is how FOX keeps their audience in a perpetual state of hate and ignorance.
Last edited by Vēritās on Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:12 am
Well of course the largest percentage of Americans who think we're in a recession are the rural Americans, because they're the dumbest and most likely to support Donald Trump. Maybe all of these people weren't around in 2008 and need a real downturn as a reminder? It was eerie back then. I went to work very early in the morning, and I recall mornings I was on this California freeway for long stretches all by myself. Very weird. And at one point, I remember getting gas and it was 1.87 a gallon I believe -- in California. I want to say this was in December and Obama was president so does he get credit for the lowest gas prices I ever saw in California? Anyway, I was starting this new job, there were lots of extra hours, and so while my fingers were crossed, times were good for me. Perhaps Ajax was also employed at that time and enjoying the low prices. It's all relative. A booming economy isn't necessarily good for everyone, just ask all the poor people who get driven out of their apartments by gentrification.
Indeed. I remember coming back from Brazil in 2008 and I couldn't believe the state of the nation. Virtually everyone I knew, friends and family, were either unemployed or were in the process of getting laid off. People who paid $500k for their homes in 2006 were desperately trying to sell them above $300k. It was the craziest buyer's market I had ever seen. Houses were for sale everywhere and prices kept dropping because there were too few buyers.

Oh, yeah. But gas was cheap!

Who gives a crap if gas is cheap if you can't afford to drive anywhere? That's what these idiots don't understand. I tell them all the time to make a choice between being unemployed or underemployed with deflation and paying $2/gallon or ... paying $4/gallon with job security, health insurance, and the highest wages on record?

Calling this a recession is just wrong. It is something, but the traditional understanding and feel of a recession it isn't.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax,

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/us- ... pectations

according to Fox news, Biden just personally added a half a million jobs to the economy.

unfortunately, more people who are able to feed themselves will put price pressure on groceries so don't know what to tell you about that.

---

ETA; didn't see Veritas'; announcement.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:19 pm
Ajax,

according to Fox news, Biden just personally added a half a million jobs to the economy.

unfortunately, more people who are able to feed themselves will put price pressure on groceries so don't know what to tell you about that.

---

Bidemployment?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:26 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:19 pm
Ajax,

---

Bidemployment?
Nice.

Hey ajax, a half million more Americans are working now than before the pandemic. Americans working, which is what you said you always cared about most. Here's the part where you either flee the scene for a few weeks or derail onto some other tangent. I hear Hunter Biden is a good topic to divert attention away from the economic numbers.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

3.5%? Wouldn’t that be the lowest in decades if not more? I wonder how they calculate that taking into account 64,000,000 Americans are receiving some form of SSA or SSI? Pretty great news, though!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 pm
3.5%? Wouldn’t that be the lowest in decades if not more? I wonder how they calculate that taking into account 64,000,000 Americans are receiving some form of SSA or SSI? Pretty great news, though!

- Doc
To be included in the unemployment statistics, you have to be trying to find a job. I can’t recall the exact definition. If you are on disability and not looking for employment, you aren’t “unemployed” — you are counted as not in the labor force. The statistic measures the extent to which people who want to work are able to find employment.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:32 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:22 pm

- Doc
To be included in the unemployment statistics, you have to be trying to find a job. I can’t recall the exact definition. If you are on disability and not looking for employment, you aren’t “unemployed” — you are counted as not in the labor force. The statistic measures the extent to which people who want to work are able to find employment.
The U3 is the traditional metric used in monthly unemployment numbers but what Doc is alluding to is the U6.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

FOX News is hilariously trying to spin the economic news in a bad way after they spent all morning gloating about how the jobs report was expected to be low. When the numbers came is more than double what was expected, they spun it like this:

fox5.jpg
fox5.jpg (120.99 KiB) Viewed 369 times

So Biden is attacked for predicting lower jobs numbers.

You just can't write this crap.

MSNBC goes through FOX's fumbling for a lifeline while having to report the great economic news to the people they spent all morning trying to terrify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWSptLnvP6c

One idiot was focused on the Labor Participation rate dropping one tenth of a percentage point! HFS are these people desperate or what? LPR has been fluctuating between 60-63% over the past decade. So it went from 62.2% to 62.1% in July and that's what's important in their minds!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:50 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWSptLnvP6c

One idiot was focused on the Labor Participation rate dropping one tenth of a percentage point! HFS are these people desperate or what? LPR has been fluctuating between 60-63% over the past decade. So it went from 62.2% to 62.1% in July and that's what's important in their minds!
It's as we have discussed before. Fox News and the GOP seems duty bound to impose a negative spin on anything that happens during Biden's or any other Democrat administration, whether good or bad. High gasoline prices are bad and Biden's fault; declining gas prices are bad because they put an undue burden on struggling, independent mom and pop gas stations because lower prices cut into their profit margin, etc. etc. The dishonesty and hypocrisy of these conservatives is breathtaking!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.