Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Faithful TBM to doubter in 6 hours on ex-Mormon Reddit

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:20 pm
I have no interest in discussing why Doc thinks you’re MG or why Marcus criticizes you. You said a couple of things that caught my attention that I think would be interesting to discuss. But you keep talking about the discussion. Or the discussion about the discussion. I’d rather discuss the substance.
:lol: join the club! this is THREE pages ago:
Marcus wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:50 am
Just drop it-- every round of your explanation is just another round of you avoiding the issues. the discussion has moved on.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

KevinSim wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:47 pm
I hope it never happens. But if it does, I'm sure God later blesses you with a beautiful young woman.
I'm not really interested in younger women. Over the course of my life the three women I've fallen in love with have all been older than me, eight months, 3.5 years, and three months respectively.
KS,

DT legitimately has a thing for young women. For years he’d either post about wanting a teen companion (maybe bride) who is a virgin or he’d, well, actually that’s pretty much it. He wanted a teen companion. So. Yeah. I thought I’d just provide some context for you, vis a vis DT’s post.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Marcus wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:58 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:20 pm
I have no interest in discussing why Doc thinks you’re MG or why Marcus criticizes you. You said a couple of things that caught my attention that I think would be interesting to discuss. But you keep talking about the discussion. Or the discussion about the discussion. I’d rather discuss the substance.
Marcus wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:50 am
Just drop it-- every round of your explanation is just another round of you avoiding the issues. the discussion has moved on.
And unlike anyone we know KS has derailed the topic and made the thread about himself! WEIRD.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:00 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:58 pm

And unlike anyone we know KS has derailed the topic and made the thread about himself! WEIRD.

- Doc
Not weird. You and Marcus made it about KevinSim as much as he did. As happens with MG.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:00 pm

- Doc
Not weird. You and Marcus made it about KevinSim as much as he did. As happens with MG.
Well. I made it about KS being MG since KS was being MG. What’s the point of a good faith discussion when KS is being MG? I gave him a very fair shot and was respectful. Perhaps you’ll have better luck with KS being MG.

- Doc
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:14 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:09 pm

Well. I made it about KS being MG since KS was being MG. What’s the point of a good faith discussion when KS is being MG? I gave him a very fair shot and was respectful. Perhaps you’ll have better luck with KS being MG.

- Doc
I agree that you made it about KS. And then you blamed KS for it.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:19 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:14 pm

- Doc
Irony alert! Physician heal thyself.

- Doc
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:32 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:19 pm

Irony alert! Physician heal thyself.

- Doc
:D :D :D agreed. who in this discussion has NOT made a thread about a poster instead of the topic? :D :D
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:59 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 pm

I'm not really interested in younger women. Over the course of my life the three women I've fallen in love with have all been older than me, eight months, 3.5 years, and three months respectively.
KS,

DT legitimately has a thing for young women. For years he’d either post about wanting a teen companion (maybe bride) who is a virgin or he’d, well, actually that’s pretty much it. He wanted a teen companion. So. Yeah. I thought I’d just provide some context for you, vis a vis DT’s post.

- Doc
.... wat
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

malkie wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:46 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:35 pm

OK MG.....
Let me jump in here, as someone who commented that KS seems to be a virtual clone of MG.

I'm not going back on that comment, in that I see a lot of the same behaviours in the two of them - I enumerated (or bulleted :lol: ) them a few pages back.

However, I do not believe that they are one and the same in real life person - and I say that as probably one of the few posters on the board who has actually met MG. He, my wife, and I spent an interesting 30 minutes or so chatting in a mall parking lot off I-15 about 7 years ago.
Which I enjoyed. At the top of pg. 33 of this thread I posted:

Hi folks,
Just a quick ‘hop in’ to put some minds at rest. I am not Kevin Sim. In fact, I think it is rather obvious, as one poster said, that our “theologies” do not exactly dovetail. One thing I think we have in common, however, is that we both like to explore how our own views in regards to Mormonism stand up to criticism on a board consisting mostly of secularists/atheists.

Also, we don’t have the same speaking/writing style.

Two authors, not the same person.

i.e. Book of Mormon- multiple authors, not the same person.

Some folks seem to have a difficult time understanding things at face value.

Anyway, carry on.

Over and out. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. 🙂

P.S.
Meadowchick, I enjoy your deeply expressed and well thought out posts. I guess that is something else Kevin Sim and I have in common. 😉

Later.

Regards,
MG
Later.

Regards,
MG