No Outer Darkness for Bill Reel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

No Outer Darkness for Bill Reel

Post by Kishkumen »

What is this crap about Bill Reel going to Outer Darkness? I thought consiglieri was the one with his second anointing? Is Bill now claiming he has received his second anointing too?

I mean, come now, don’t you have to receive your exaltation before you can lose it all? How can you possibly go to OD for apostasy in a state of lack of all blessings and a lack of perfect knowledge?

I call baloney on Bill Reel’s OD jeopardy. Sounds like false doctrine to me!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Re: No Outer Darkness for Bill Reel

Post by drumdude »

I think Bill is focusing on the fact that as long as you stay away from Mormonism, and avoid being baptized and receiving the gift of Holy the ghost, you are assured the level of heaven that Joseph Smith said any man would kill himself right now to reach.

It is Pascal’s wager in reverse. Anyone who joins Mormonism risks eternal damnation. Anyone who avoids ever being Mormon is safe.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Bill is not going to Outer Darkness, however, I think you misunderstand the 2nd Anointing. It grants eternal indulgences thus guaranteeing that your calling and election to the Celestial Kingdom are made certain. Consiglieri will be going there "come rain or come shine".
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:15 am
I think Bill is focusing on the fact that as long as you stay away from Mormonism, and avoid being baptized and receiving the gift of Holy the ghost, you are assured the level of heaven that Joseph Smith said any man would kill himself right now to reach.

It is Pascal’s wager in reverse. Anyone who joins Mormonism risks eternal damnation. Anyone who avoids ever being Mormon is safe.
Yeah, it takes a truly creative mind to attempt turning divine mercy into some kind of horrible risk. The overall message, as I understand it, tilts hard in the direction of universal salvation. OD is the one truly odd exception, and it appears to be reserved for those who have a perfect knowledge and then rebel against God. Sort of a Lucifer situation but in a different stage of the process.

Personally, I favor the doctrine of universal salvation. Hell is a heresy. It does not exist, and it is a late addition to Christian doctrine. It is really the brainchild of human cruelty and as such it ought to be repudiated completely.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:29 am
Bill is not going to Outer Darkness, however, I think you misunderstand the 2nd Anointing. It grants eternal indulgences thus guaranteeing that your calling and election to the Celestial Kingdom are made certain. Consiglieri will be going there "come rain or come shine".
Both having one’s calling and election made sure and OD are very poorly understood. They barely belong in a discussion of contemporary LDSism. But, yeah, having one’s calling and election made sure means exaltation after a time of suffering for sins committed after it was received, as far as I know.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I don't know what the context is here, but any ex-mo who believes that they are a candidate for Son of Perdition is mistaken.
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

Why would an Ex-Mo worry about a Mo doctrine?

My faithful family members have told me God will punish me for my apostasy. I tell them that if this is punishment then please can I have some more?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:41 pm
Why would an Ex-Mo worry about a Mo doctrine?

My faithful family members have told me God will punish me for my apostasy. I tell them that if this is punishment then please can I have some more?
:lol: :lol:

Punished with free time, no GA talks, no bad Sunday School or Priesthood meetings, no obligatory friendships, no compulsory Word of Wisdom, no tithing! No interviews!

Sign me up!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I always thought that one had to basically see everything beyond and then deny and rebel against it. That person would be cast down to OD with Satan. However, I've heard that Satan throws the best parties ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUuFgF9eOII
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:50 pm
I always thought that one had to basically see everything beyond and then deny and rebel against it. That person would be cast down to OD with Satan. However, I've heard that Satan throws the best parties ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUuFgF9eOII
IKR?