Utah Senate Race 2022

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Utah Senate Race 2022

Post by canpakes »

huckelberry wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:56 am
i am not familiar with this Jason but I find my self wondering if he is being less than straightforward serious .It is possible that he is a bit tongue in cheek knowing that Trump is ridiculous.
It is possible. : )
Attachments
B62B885D-C475-4BC4-841A-CF75177175EC.jpeg
B62B885D-C475-4BC4-841A-CF75177175EC.jpeg (74.27 KiB) Viewed 305 times
Some Schmo
God

Re: Utah Senate Race 2022

Post by Some Schmo »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:02 am
huckelberry wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:56 am
i am not familiar with this Jason but I find my self wondering if he is being less than straightforward serious .It is possible that he is a bit tongue in cheek knowing that Trump is ridiculous.
It is possible. : )
Is it the missiles that make you wonder, or the Happy Meal?
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gunnar
God

Re: Senate Race in Utah 2022

Post by Gunnar »

UT Senate Candidate Vows To Take Down ‘Least Productive Senator’ Mike Lee
I am very much favorably impressed with what I've seen and heard about Evan McMullin so far, much more so than with any current Republican candidates I know anything about for U.S. Senate (or any other political office, for that matter) and even some Democrat candidates. If I were a Utah resident, I would definitely vote for him -- perhaps even if his only opponent in the Utah Senate race were a Democrat. I think we need more competent, honest and dedicated people in government office who are not slavishly devoted to either of the two major parties.
The Utah senate race has a unique spin with incumbent Mike Lee being challenged by an Independent. Senate Candidate Evan McMullin joins Shermichael Singleton to discuss his effort to unseat Lee in his home state.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Evan McMullin

Post by Gunnar »

please delete
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Chap
God

Re: Evan McMullin

Post by Chap »

Not sure if you meant to post this link without any explanation?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:01 pm
Not sure if you meant to post this link without any explanation?
I wanted to express my views on McMullin and the Utah Senatorial race thread that started out in the Spirit Paradise forum. I used the search function to find McMullin's name, and discovered to my dismay that the original thread had been banished to the Spirit Prison forum for some reason. Here again is the link to the video that I referred to in my post that got added to Spirit Prison thread, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Vdc_wXt88
and here is a copy of what I had to say about it.
I am very much favorably impressed with what I've seen and heard about Evan McMullin so far, much more so than with any current Republican candidates I know anything about for U.S. Senate (or any other political office, for that matter) and even some Democrat candidates. If I were a Utah resident, I would definitely vote for him -- perhaps even if his only opponent in the Utah Senate race were a Democrat. I think we need more competent, honest and dedicated people in government office who are not slavishly devoted to either of the two major parties.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar, you saw the split but may have missed the portion still in SP. Is this what you were looking for, below?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155851

ETA - in case the post added to the Prison version was a mistake, I can insert that into the Paradise thread, and then merge this one with that. Let me know if you want to do this. Thanks!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The thoughtful post that Gunnar made does not belong on the Binger prison forum.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:25 am
Gunnar, you saw the split but may have missed the portion still in SP. Is this what you were looking for, below?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155851

ETA - in case the post added to the Prison version was a mistake, I can insert that into the Paradise thread, and then merge this one with that. Let me know if you want to do this. Thanks!
Yes. That is what I was looking for, and I would appreciate you merging it as you suggested. Thanks!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:08 am
The thoughtful post that Gunnar made does not belong on the Binger prison forum.
Then it's a good thing he reposted it here, isn't it?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024