Why the GOP embraces conspiracy theories and denialism

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Why the GOP embraces conspiracy theories and denialism

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:21 am
In all sincerity, the who, what, and when in the article is a big part of the information and not covered by the summary.
Which is why a summary including that would've been even more helpful.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:49 am
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:21 am
In all sincerity, the who, what, and when in the article is a big part of the information and not covered by the summary.
Which is why a summary including that would've been even more helpful.
You could, you know, read the transcript.

Did you expect your ex to chew your food for you, too?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:52 am
You could, you know, read the transcript.
Of course I could. But I'm not interested enough in the subject matter to read something about it that's that long.
Did you expect your ex to chew your food for you, too?
I was interested in chewing my own food, so no.

Have you ever read a book review? Have you ever read a movie review? If so, for what possible purpose did you do so, knowing the pitfalls and perils the way you do?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Chap wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:33 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:25 pm
... going out and collecting votes from nursing homes ...
What exactly do you mean by that? Should nursing home residents (assuming they are of sound mind) not vote?
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:49 pm

Just in case you don’t wanna googz it:

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/07/unrav ... ome-votes/

- Doc
Thanks - surprise! Yet another Breitbart talking point that vanishes away when you look into it, leaving little more than a nasty smell behind it.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:53 am
Have you ever read a book review? Have you ever read a movie review? If so, for what possible purpose did you do so, knowing the pitfalls and perils the way you do?
To determine if I should read the book or watch the movie myself. You said you knew that already.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:35 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:52 pm
That’s why I gave you a picture!
Without providing any context whatsoever.
I gave you a summary AND picture. Your excuse to deny yourself further light and knowledge is lacking.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:34 pm
I gave you a summary AND picture. Your excuse to deny yourself further light and knowledge is lacking.
Your picture was posted without comment, so there was no way to tie it into your summary because I had no idea what the picture was depicting.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

No matter what, there will always be room for Ajax and Binger to march at the Spirit Prison forum shouting, "The Jews will not replace us".
"Now raise those taxes so we can hang on."
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Grifting intensifies.

Former President Donald Trump has now shared his most explicit endorsement of the QAnon conspiracy movement to date.

Trump shared a picture of himself wearing a Q lapel pin, overlaid with the QAnon phrases “The Storm is Coming” and “WWG1WGA,” on his Truth Social account on Monday evening. The post was originally shared on Truth Social by an account called “Patriots in Control,” before Trump re-shared it.  

“How much more obvious can it get?” one QAnon follower asked in the QAnon-focused Great Awakening forum.

In QAnon world, the “storm” is the moment when Trump will reveal his secret plan to dismantle the deep state and the group of elites QAnon followers believe are operating a global child sex trafficking ring. The “storm” will also, they think, trigger Trump’s return to power and the public executions of those who’ve acted against him, from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to current President Joe Biden.

The post comes just weeks after the ex-president went on a QAnon-filled posting spree on Truth Social. “It's almost like Trump is trying to tell us something,” one popular QAnon influencer wrote, referencing Trump’s increasing embrace of the QAnon conspiracy. Trump’s influence is undeniable: As he continues to hint at another run for president in 2024, Trump is using his huge sway within the Republican Party to endorse a slate of candidates for the November midterms who openly support the lie that the 2020 election was rigged.

The QAnon movement has been in flux since Trump’s 2020 election defeat coupled with the lack of any communication from Q over the last 18 months. But Monday’s post by Trump has once again invigorated his most loyal base of supporters. 

Telegram channels and message board threads lit up on Monday night with supporters who believed that once again, this was a sign that “it’s happening” and that “there's certainly no doubt now that Trump is openly endorsing Q.”

“Just in case it wasn’t abundantly CLEAR at this point, President Trump himself is making it UNDENIABLE that he is 100% aligning with the Q operation,” John Sabal, the organizer of QAnon-focused conferences, wrote on his Telegram channel which has over 60,000 subscribers.
https://www.vice.com/en/article/epzbya/ ... port-qanon
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Another treasonous POS is busted for . . .
The Republican elections board commissioner in upstate Rensselaer County was arrested Tuesday on charges of carrying out a brazen ballot scheme that allowed him to cast votes in voters’ names.

Jason Schofield applied for absentee ballots for voters who did not want to vote, and, in some instances, personally pushed voters to sign absentee ballot envelopes, positioning himself or his associates to commit voter fraud in primary and general elections in 2021, according to court papers.
Come the “F” on. How many times do we need to show a Conservative attempting voter fraud before Conservatives realize they’re the problem?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.