Sic et Non Is Dead

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Sic et Non Is Dead

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Occasionally I like to visit Sic et Non and read DCP’s plagiarized blog posts about NDE’s, the Discovery Institute, dowsing, and the evils of Atheism and science.

The comments were pure gold with Midgley, DCP and kiwi57 ganging up on anyone who dared disagree with DCP’s plagiarized blog posts.

I’ve noticed on my last few visits that there are no longer any dissenting comments. It looks like DCP has banned so many people, that he’s created a dead echo chamber.

With the exception of a rare appearance by Gemli, there are only a few hardcore DCP loyalist who comment anymore.

Rest In Peace, Sic et Non.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Sic et Non Is Dead

Post by Philo Sofee »

God needs the devil... banish him and no one pays attention to God. Someday perhaps Peterson will actually begin to grasp the scriptures he believes in, and their meaning, and how to live.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

I wonder if they realize that gemli is the one making the place interesting.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:19 am
The posters need more than the word "ditto" to contend with Gemli. The place is at its peak when Dr. Midgley gives some jumbled response and then requests that Dr. Peterson give Gemli the boot.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:19 am
That would give them vastly more credit than they deserve. Like I say, God needs the devil, to banish him is to lose the Celestial Kingdom.
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Post by Fence Sitter »

Well to be frank, we really don't have any interesting faithful dissenting voices here either.
What is happening are these indirect conversations between here and Sic et Non.
It makes both places less interesting.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:33 pm
Well to be frank, we really don't have any interesting faithful dissenting voices here either.
What is happening are these indirect conversations between here and Sic et Non.
It makes both places less interesting.
Sadly true. The immovable object of personal belief meets the irresistible force of impersonal logic.

Doesn't mix well.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

There also used to be a bit of back and forth between the blog and here. That has disappeared in the last few months.

RIP
Secret Societies
Nursery

Post by Secret Societies »

First-time poster here. I left the church over seven years ago. I like to see what DCP posts every once in a while. I have gone the rounds with Kiwi, the Midge, and DCP. They certainly have a playbook that is followed. However, I have noticed his blog has around 15 posters that post. I agree; the dialogue is much more enjoyable with Gemli et al. It has become quite dull over there lately.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Secret Societies wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:43 pm
First-time poster here. I left the church over seven years ago. I like to see what DCP posts every once in a while. I have gone the rounds with Kiwi, the Midge, and DCP. They certainly have a playbook that is followed. However, I have noticed his blog has around 15 posters that post. I agree; the dialogue is much more enjoyable with Gemli et al. It has become quite dull over there lately.
Virtually everyone here has been banned because DP is a fussy guy.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.