I could change my mind

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: What's the solution to the illegal immigration crisis? Sincere question.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:32 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:59 pm
"Smuggling Migrants at the Border Now a Billion-Dollar Business...Migrant smuggling on the U.S. southern border has evolved over the past 10 years from a scattered network of freelance “coyotes” into a multi-billion-dollar international business controlled by organized crime, including some of Mexico’s most violent drug cartels."
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/25/us/m ... ution.html

"The Mexican Drug Cartels’ Other Business: Sex Trafficking"
https://world.time.com/2013/07/31/the-m ... afficking/

Just connecting the dots here. Some undocumented immigrants pay the cartels (sex traffickers) thousands of dollars to get them to the US, work here for a few years in construction or roofing, and go back to Mexico to buy nice houses.

I'm not sure why everyone is turning a blind eye.

I am not against all illegal immigration. I would welcome real refugees here.

However, young undocumented immigrants who live in large groups (all men, not families) were likely associated with Mexican cartels.
A good question that will never get time of day on this board.

Think of it from the perspective of the wealthy white liberal or establishment Republican. You've got cheap housekeepers, cheap gardners, and an unlimited cheap labor supply. You aren't bound by taxes or minimum wage laws. You don't have to pay for their healthcare since this has been dumped onto the taxpayer. Your kids don't go to the public schools being overrun. And it also gives you the votes necessary to see that this scheme against the American worker is upheld in perpetuity. For them illegal immigration is manna from heaven. There is no crisis. This is exactly the way that the party and elites in power want things to be.
Proof #24567 of Ajax not reading the board. We’ve discussed this extensively and provided solutions in the past that lined up with the Cato Institute (some others like EA simply want an open border). In fact, the aforementioned solution was provided above by DT’s link, and then myself quoting what DT didn’t read from his own link (and remarked upon by RI).

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:43 pm
Hawkeye wrote:

A good question that will never get time of day on this board.

Think of it from the perspective of the wealthy white liberal or establishment Republican. You've got cheap housekeepers, cheap gardners, and an unlimited cheap labor supply. You aren't bound by taxes or minimum wage laws. You don't have to pay for their healthcare since this has been dumped onto the taxpayer. Your kids don't go to the public schools being overrun. And it also gives you the votes necessary to see that this scheme against the American worker is upheld in perpetuity. For them illegal immigration is manna from heaven. There is no crisis. This is exactly the way that the party and elites in power want things to be.
Proof #24567 of Ajax not reading the board. We’ve discussed this extensively and provided solutions in the past that lined up with the Cato Institute (some others like EA simply want an open border). In fact, the aforementioned solution was provided above by DT’s link, and then myself quoting what DT didn’t read from his own link (and remarked upon by RI).

- Doc
Fair enough, I didn't read the whole thread. But given the tax advantage and minimum wage advantages of hiring illegal immigrants as opposed to legal citizens or green card holders it should be obvious that mass amnesty and legalization, etc. are not going to stop illegal immigration without border enforcement and actual penalties against employers who hire illegal immigrants. Our solutions up until now have always been to grant amnesty to those already here then maybe some border enforcement way down the road. The government has given us no reason to believe they will ever uphold their promise to enforce the border if those that are already here illegally are granted amnesty.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:59 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:43 pm

- Doc
Fair enough, I didn't read the whole thread.
And you still haven’t read it, nor the links. This is a major problem for you, and it’s having deleterious effects on your ability to think and communicate in any sensible manner. Not that it matters for you. You’re old as crap and will die as miserably as you lived. Shame.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
honorentheos
God

Re: Matt Gaetz sought pardon related to Justice Department sex trafficking probe

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:02 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:46 pm
DT,

Didn't you suggest you were in a relationship with a 17 year old girl from Mexico a short time ago? Is it possible you are deflecting?
I don't pay child sex traffickers.

Let me ask you, have you ever tried narcotics? The money you spent buying narcotics went to the hands of child sex traffickers.

Buy drugs == Making child sex traffickers richer and powerful.

You are a sick man.
I haven't done any of those things. Benefits of being Mormon past the age where that might have been of interest plus military drug testing I guess.

Anyway, this also looks like deflection.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:37 pm
Since this is an international problem, it’s probably best to use an international organization’s definition when approaching it.

UNICEF, in Article 1 of the Convention of the Rights of the Child, defines a child as someone under the age of 18 who hasn’t had majority legally obtained.

I’m not sure what the solution is to stop adults (those over 18) from having non-plutonic relationships with children (those under 18, who haven’t been legally emancipated). In the US, the problem is compounded by predators trying to justify their actions by referring to local laws that have nothing to do with the legal processes for a minor gaining majority.

Until we stop people from trying to normalize their own child predation in the US, it will be difficult to address the predation elsewhere.

[A work of theater to spur introspection, and more-so to generally be a thorn and an ass]
10 out of 10. Especially the landing.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Roll Back to what Trumps was doing.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Matt Gaetz sought pardon related to Justice Department sex trafficking probe

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:22 pm
Why won’t anyone suggest solutions to the problem I want to talk about says man who links to an article discussing a proposed solution.
Okay fine, there are proposed solutions.

Let me ask, should someone who gives thousands of dollars to criminal organizations go to jail?
Is it okay for someone to pay 10,000 dollars to get here illegally, work in construction, and go back to Mexico with 100,000 dollars?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 pm
Kiss my 1010 01110011 01110011
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Hawkeye wrote:
You've got cheap housekeepers, cheap gardners, and an unlimited cheap labor supply.
I don't mind. They are welcomed to stay here.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:40 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 pm
Kiss my 1010 01110011 01110011
Alternatively, consider working through this in a more healthy non-deflective manner.