Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
User avatar
canpakes
God
Posts: 5355
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:25 am

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by canpakes »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:01 pm
Then again, we're still in the heart of hurricane season, so who knows whether some platforms, or refineries are going to be neutered by mother nature.
Good point. If I recall correctly, there’s a tropical depression shaping up right now with a track that’ll tuck it into the Gulf.
Hawkeye
Priest
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:37 pm

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:09 pm
Inflation, anecdotally speaking, appears to be more like around 33% so far this year. It’s too bad Biden won’t press his anti-inflation button so when retailers are increasing prices Hawkeye doesn’t have to pay $3 for a Gatorade. Not that I’d hope anyone on the Right would or could understand this, but when you charge nothing to lenders for mortgage rates so they can sell houses to us for 2% or whatever you’re going to have massive inflation. Everything is predicated on mortgage and rental rates here in ‘merica. I’m glad to see the Fed pump the brakes on the massive devaluation of the dollar we saw under Trump.

- Doc
I understand why we have %8 inflation just fine. It's just that you aren't willing to admit that your "centrist a.k.a. Bernie Sanders" and scamdemic policies caused it. Biden, Sanders, Ocasio Cortez, etc. still don't understand that modern monetary theory, printing and blowing money into the economy results in inflation. In fact they want to print more money in response to inflation. So what happens when you blow out the credit cards and the interest payments come due? They blame Jerome Powell (a RiNO) for raising interest rates. There never should have been a single man with this kind of power over the economy but both Republicans and Democrats have delegated it to the Fed chair. We'd still be masked and locking down businesses if the left had their way. Look at the uproar after Biden admitted that the pandemic was over finally. The people that died, were going to die anyway and now all we have to show for it is a generation of kids that are way behind in their schooling and an economic recession.

This is the Biden administrations economy. Perhaps the COVID response and reality that fossil fuels are more efficient is worth the cost to you Democrat voters. But this economy is the result of the policies you brought with your votes, not Jerome Powell's fault, not Donald Trump, you!
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Icarus
User avatar
Doctor Steuss
Apostle
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:48 pm

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:40 pm
I understand why we have %8 inflation just fine. It's just that you aren't willing to admit that your "centrist a.k.a. Bernie Sanders" and scamdemic policies caused it. Biden, Sanders, Ocasio Cortez, etc. still don't understand that modern monetary theory, printing and blowing money into the economy results in inflation. In fact they want to print more money in response to inflation. So what happens when you blow out the credit cards and the interest payments come due?
I don't know why I even bring this up, with how quickly it's forgotten.

Averaged per year, Trump increased the National Debt more than any other President in the entire history of our country. That's including Biden's current average.

Obama's last year the increase was $671 billion. Right out of the gate, Trump increased the debt by $1.3 trillion in his very first year.

So... yeah, the credit cards and interest payments are coming due.
Hawkeye
Priest
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:37 pm

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Hawkeye »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:02 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:40 pm
I understand why we have %8 inflation just fine. It's just that you aren't willing to admit that your "centrist a.k.a. Bernie Sanders" and scamdemic policies caused it. Biden, Sanders, Ocasio Cortez, etc. still don't understand that modern monetary theory, printing and blowing money into the economy results in inflation. In fact they want to print more money in response to inflation. So what happens when you blow out the credit cards and the interest payments come due?
I don't know why I even bring this up, with how quickly it's forgotten.

Averaged per year, Trump increased the National Debt more than any other President in the entire history of our country. That's including Biden's current average.

Obama's last year the increase was $671 billion. Right out of the gate, Trump increased the debt by $1.3 trillion in his very first year.

So... yeah, the credit cards and interest payments are coming due.
Do you place any responsibility for the current economic situation on Democrat Covid policies or stimulus? Would you agree with Elizabeth Warren and Biden that more stimulus spending is the way to reduce inflation? Do you think any of reason for high gasoline prices is due to environmental regulations? Rashida Talib just tried to shame bankers for investing in fossil fuels. It's ok if you think we need to have high gas prices to make less efficient green energy competitive but do you at least recognize that green energy based on our current technology is that much more expensive? The market provides for plenty of incentive to come up with green energy that would be as efficient as fossil fuels. Anybody who can come up with will make more money than has ever existed in this world. And yet nobody has been able to do it. So just dump more money into it even when it has little chance of actually working? It's the same mentality when people are close to death and we just dump enormous amounts of money into it because of the false idea that nothing is worse than death.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Icarus
Vēritās
Bishop
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:51 am

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Vēritās »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:59 pm
I can't believe the reporter on 60 minutes was willing to push back on BIden's inflation claim. Mr. President things cost 8.2% more this year than they did last year. Yeah but they cost 0.01% less than they did last month so things are all better now. It's like saying your patient is losing a pint of blood an hour and in danger of bleeding out. Yeah but he lost 2 mls less blood this past hour than he did the hour before that. So we've fixed the problem.

Thankyou Biden for opening up the strategic oil reserve to bring it back to 3 dollars and change at the pump (which is still way higher than $2/gallon under your predecessor), at least until November when you're accountable to nobody for making green energy competitive, not because you've made green energy any more affordable but because you've cut the oil and gas industry off at the knees.
Neither the reporter nor Biden said what you just attributed to them. What is it with you Republican blowhards these days? You have to lie about quite literally everything you say. Here you are going by another deceptive Brietbart headline, when in fact Biden never said anything you attributed to him. All he said was that the rate of increase in inflation has dropped a lot over the past few months and he is dead on accurate. He never said "Inflation isn't a problem anymore." He never said any of the BS you and Brietfart keep attributing to him. And you pretend to be shocked that a journalist outside of FOX News would dare challenge him on issues like these but the fact is it happens all the time. The problem is you live in a bubble and only "know" what Brietbart and FOX News tells you about the "Liberal" media.

You've also made it perfectly clear you're an ignorant know nothing who is not interested in trying to understand why inflation happens. We've already demonstrated a point by point presentation how the money supply exploded during Trump, not Biden. We've already demonstrated how it was Trump who oversaw reduced oil production and foreclosed oil companies. We've already demonstrated it was Trump who was President when inflation first started to rear its ugly head.

I don't even know why you even bother to post this nonsense anymore knowing full well no one agrees with it or buys into your regurgitation of Brietbart. Now that subgenius and atlanticmike are no longer here to support you. Is that why you're using two different monikers to make it seem like more than one idiot believes this crap? Now that BInger has come fully out of the closet and is reciting idiotic outlets like Washingtonexaminer, maybe he can be your new backup.

by the way, I've been in Brazil since last week. The price of gas has risen and fallen according to the prices in the USA. In fact, before I left Georgia I took this picture:
20220914_153528.jpg
20220914_153528.jpg (87.76 KiB) Viewed 80 times
That's a drop of nearly 40% from what it was a few months ago.
Vēritās
Bishop
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:51 am

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Vēritās »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:39 pm

Do you place any responsibility for the current economic situation on Democrat Covid policies or stimulus?
No, only mindless idiots who think Liberals controlled everything while Trump was in charge would believe this. But that's the desperate tact that's being taken by desperate fake news outlets.
Would you agree with Elizabeth Warren and Biden that more stimulus spending is the way to reduce inflation?
That's likely a flat out lie, or at best a misrepresentation of what they've said. You do this all the time, and have done it twice from one article you quoted.
Do you think any of reason for high gasoline prices is due to environmental regulations?
Which regulations forced 100 plus oil companies to file bankruptcy under Trump's watch? Which US regulations caused gasoline to spike in Madagascar and ZImbabwe?
Rashida Talib just tried to shame bankers for investing in fossil fuels.
Likely another lie, but you probably don't even know what it means to "invest" in anything.
It's ok if you think we need to have high gas prices to make less efficient green energy competitive but do you at least recognize that green energy based on our current technology is that much more expensive?
Another flat out lie that we've refuted in a previous thread which you completely abandoned.
Gunnar
God
Posts: 1761
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 pm
Location: California

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:43 am
No, only mindless idiots who think Liberals controlled everything while Trump was in charge would believe this. But that's the desperate tact that's being taken by desperate fake news outlets.
I fully agree with what you were trying to say here, but I think you meant "tack" or "tactic" here rather than "tact."
Tack, Tact
Tack and tact are commonly confused when discussing strategy.

A tack is a course of action.

Tact is discretion.

We decided to try a new tack is correct, but "a new tact" is what a lot of people say, mistakenly thinking "tact" is short for tactic.
https://www.grammarbook.com/homonyms/ta ... iscretion.

Don't feel bad, though. It is a fairly common mistake, even among people as intelligent and articulate as yourself. :) Of course, it may have been merely a typo.

I have been known to make worse mistakes than that myself!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
Bishop
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:51 am

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Vēritās »

I don't feel bad, pretty sure it was a typo. I know I've used the word tack here before.
User avatar
Doctor Steuss
Apostle
Posts: 787
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:48 pm

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:39 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:02 pm

I don't know why I even bring this up, with how quickly it's forgotten.

Averaged per year, Trump increased the National Debt more than any other President in the entire history of our country. That's including Biden's current average.

Obama's last year the increase was $671 billion. Right out of the gate, Trump increased the debt by $1.3 trillion in his very first year.

So... yeah, the credit cards and interest payments are coming due.
Do you place any responsibility for the current economic situation on Democrat Covid policies or stimulus? Would you agree with Elizabeth Warren and Biden that more stimulus spending is the way to reduce inflation? Do you think any of reason for high gasoline prices is due to environmental regulations? Rashida Talib just tried to shame bankers for investing in fossil fuels. It's ok if you think we need to have high gas prices to make less efficient green energy competitive but do you at least recognize that green energy based on our current technology is that much more expensive? The market provides for plenty of incentive to come up with green energy that would be as efficient as fossil fuels. Anybody who can come up with will make more money than has ever existed in this world. And yet nobody has been able to do it. So just dump more money into it even when it has little chance of actually working? It's the same mentality when people are close to death and we just dump enormous amounts of money into it because of the false idea that nothing is worse than death.
Again, the very first year Trump was president -- years before COVID -- he increased the debt twice as much as Obama did in his last year. Right out the gate. Long before Democratic Governors started following Trump’s officially issued guidelines for COVID (which in classic fashion, attacked them for doing, and got his supporters believing it wasn't his idea). Long before Trump held up his government handout checks so he could get his name on them. Long before he issued his COVID budgets to Congress. Twice as much as Obama's last year. Twice as Socialist as Barack Hussein Obama.

Like you said: Credit card interest payments are coming due.

You inadvertently admitted that this is more-so Trump’s fault than Democrats'. Gish gallop all you want; there's no way getting around it.
Gunnar
God
Posts: 1761
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:32 pm
Location: California

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:05 pm
I don't feel bad, pretty sure it was a typo. I know I've used the word tack here before.
I accept your word on that. Based on my general impression of you from I have seen of your posting record, I believe you when you say it was probably just a typo. I know several people who post here who are more likely than you to have mistakenly confused those two words.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Post Reply