Red Wave

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Red Wave

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:12 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:38 pm
Ajax is just talking crap. He doesn’t have a buddy who “got out and brought gold”. The only thing anyone needs to know about Ajax and his ilk is that if their lips are moving they’re lying. The only thing that matters to these people is to make crap up and act as if that’s reality. It’s damned bonkers.

- Doc
It sure seems that way, and that is only becoming more apparent over time, with almost every post he makes. Tragically, he is probably, so far, incapable of admitting that even to himself.
Well, he’s delusional so …
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:20 pm
I wonder how many of her unvaccinated constituents died of Covid, and would otherwise have pushed her over the edge into victory? If you look at her district map, and start tallying covid deaths by county it becomes rather apparent her anti-vaccine strategy may very well be her undoing.

- Doc
Classic poetic justice if just enough of her would be supporters died because her anti-vaccine nonsense to prevent her reelection. Sad for them and their surviving loved ones, though.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

The Biden administration has argued that it should not be blamed for inflation because inflation is happening across the globe. They point to double-digit inflation in the U.K. as if that proves the policies of the Biden administration could not be responsible for inflation here. That’s a largely nonsense claim. The reason inflation is a global phenomenon is that leaders in so many countries followed roughly the same strategy of deploying huge amounts of fiscal stimulus and accommodative monetary policy to fend off a pandemic depression. This doesn’t exonerate the Biden administration from blame for inflation at home. It simply means our policymakers were as bad as everyone else’s when it came to showing restraint as the economy reopened in 2021.
As disappointing as the midterms may be to many conservatives, a bigger margin of victory probably would not have changed this economic picture much. Even a Republican “wave” would have created the same conditions for gridlock and fiscal constraint amid monetary tightening. Those seeking a silver lining can at least take some cold comfort that the results will make it harder for Biden to blame the coming downturn on a Republican majority.
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/ ... elections/

I do have to give the Democrats credit. Republicans would never get away with running incapacitated candidates like John Fetterman or Joe Biden without being punished severely at the polls. And Democrats have performed astoundingly well for a party in power that is responsible for the current economy. Republicans took a beating for the great recession of 2008. What we're about to go through is going to be even worse and I think Democrats might do even better in 2024 in spite of a very bad recession.

I got out of the stock market and into precious metals today. I'm a fool with no confidence for not doing it sooner.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

So… according to Brietbart, it’s Biden’s fault that we avoided a depression, and instead ended up with a recession.

That bastard.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:15 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:20 pm
I wonder how many of her unvaccinated constituents died of Covid, and would otherwise have pushed her over the edge into victory? If you look at her district map, and start tallying covid deaths by county it becomes rather apparent her anti-vaccine strategy may very well be her undoing.

- Doc
Classic poetic justice if just enough of her would be supporters died because her anti-vaccine nonsense to prevent her reelection. Sad for them and their surviving loved ones, though.
Apparently a bunch of votes, you’d never guess which Party’s though, aren’t being counted and voters aren’t aware of it. If by chance there are any District 3 voters here or lurking:

CO-3 VOTERS - Check your ballot - you have 8 days to make a correction if it was rejected!

Check either:

• ⁠https://www.coloradosos.gov/voter/pages ... tail.xhtml
• ⁠https://colorado.ballottrax.net/voter/

If there is a problem you can take steps with Txt2Cure: https://www.coloradosos.gov/pubs/electi ... 2Cure.html

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:27 pm
The Biden administration has argued that it should not be blamed for inflation because inflation is happening across the globe. They point to double-digit inflation in the U.K. as if that proves the policies of the Biden administration could not be responsible for inflation here. That’s a largely nonsense claim. The reason inflation is a global phenomenon is that leaders in so many countries followed roughly the same strategy of deploying huge amounts of fiscal stimulus and accommodative monetary policy to fend off a pandemic depression. This doesn’t exonerate the Biden administration from blame for inflation at home. It simply means our policymakers were as bad as everyone else’s when it came to showing restraint as the economy reopened in 2021.
As disappointing as the midterms may be to many conservatives, a bigger margin of victory probably would not have changed this economic picture much. Even a Republican “wave” would have created the same conditions for gridlock and fiscal constraint amid monetary tightening. Those seeking a silver lining can at least take some cold comfort that the results will make it harder for Biden to blame the coming downturn on a Republican majority.
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/ ... elections/

I do have to give the Democrats credit. Republicans would never get away with running incapacitated candidates like John Fetterman or Joe Biden without being punished severely at the polls. And Democrats have performed astoundingly well for a party in power that is responsible for the current economy. Republicans took a beating for the great recession of 2008. What we're about to go through is going to be even worse and I think Democrats might do even better in 2024 in spite of a very bad recession.

I got out of the stock market and into precious metals today. I'm a fool with no confidence for not doing it sooner.
:roll:
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Hawkeye wrote:
As someone who has been involved (on a hobby level) in coins and precious metals since about 2006, I can say with certainty that you taking yourself completely from the stock market, and going all-in on PMs is stupid. Really stupid. Especially while the stock market is low, and premiums on physical PMs is absolutely bonkers high.

Pull back if you have time.

You want to diversify? Fantastic. Going all in is nuts.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Hawkeye wrote:
I genuinely hope you are exaggerating, joking at best. If this includes your 401k? Dude.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:39 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
As someone who has been involved (on a hobby level) in coins and precious metals since about 2006, I can say with certainty that you taking yourself completely from the stock market, and going all-in on PMs is stupid. Really stupid. Especially while the stock market is low, and premiums on physical PMs is absolutely bonkers high.

Pull back if you have time.

Ajax seriously, listen to Steuss.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

I guess we'll find out. No offense but didn't you believe Veritas's economic predictions in 2020 after the Democrats took control of Congress and the presidency? My diversified portfolio still lost at least $12k last year. As you can infer I don't have much in it anyway so I'm not too worried about it. I'm blessed to have a profession I can do until I drop and I always knew that's what it would take in life to get by.

But out of curiosity, how long do you think until the stock market starts to rise again. I still think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better, if it gets better. I remember making the prediction in 2020 after BIden's election that a dollar would be worth around 45 cents in four years. At the current rate of inflation a dollar earned in 2020 will be worth about 73 cents by 2024 so hopefully inflation won't continue to increase and we'll see that I overestimated our decline. But I don't see any real incentives to keep gas prices and inflation lower. Biden is likely to see this election as a mandate to print more money and continue to wage war on fossil fuels in favor of more expensive green energy. Maybe time will show that I'm wrong and that printing money doesn't really cause inflation, but I think not.
Last edited by Hawkeye on Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas