New Podcasts on the Weird and Incoherent Mormon God(s)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: New Podcasts on the Weird and Incoherent Mormon God(s)

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:48 am
https://backyardprofessor.org/2022/11/b ... -infinity/

4th podcast in the God Series up and available for your listening pleasures.

I just finished the 3rd and 4th podcast. Again, perfect amount of time for the amount of material expressed.

Thanks for graciously mentioning me at the end of the 4th podcast and recognizing my contribution on the First Vision controversies.

Yep, the Googleplex and Graham's number are simply tools for a logical universe to count and find the next highest value on the number line. All of this takes place in our little bubble in which we exist -- the realm of the Big Bang, our wonderful, yet tiny, itty-bitty finite universe.

Keep up the great work. I am so looking forward to you going deeper down into that "rabbit hole" where things really do get weird. I'm on record for saying that logic in our universe is a finite tool in which we use and are governed. But, there is so much more than logic. There is also magic and principles of science that go beyond our understanding within this realm we reside -- space/time and there is also time/space and beyond that the infinite where mother GOD resides in the realms of all potentiality in one static now. And oh man, as you say, it gets weird.

I love the concept of infinity!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

D&C 20:17 wrote:By these things we know that there is a God in heaven, who is infinite and eternal, from everlasting to everlasting the same unchangeable God, the framer of heaven and earth, and all things which are in them;

Spoken by a 19th century theologian who misuses the ultimate principle of mathematics insomuch as he defines that which is finite (Mormon Man-god with a penis) as an infinite person. This is simply impossible. Smith also informs us in other revelations about God and the state of creation that millions of earths like this world we live on now -- that many have passed, many are now, and many have yet to roll into creation or existence. The point being that they are all numbered by him. Indeed, Mormon Man-god is able to COUNT his worlds and if he can count his worlds then the quantity therein is finite just as he is finite. And if Mormon Man-god can count his worlds then he can also identify the first one he ever made and everything on it to include every PARTICLE of that world and everything and all substance therein is finite in number. And even if Mormon Man-god continues to make worlds without end and continues to count them one by one, it is still a finite quantity and is therefore NOT infinite. In order to be infinite it cannot be quantified and cannot be seen or comprehended in a moving environment. The infinite is like an eternal static now in which ALL potential or every potential thing of matter is frozen in a realm that cannot be comprehended but is manifest in time and space within the confines of a Big Bang environment -- a little bubble of existence in which potentiality is manifested and experienced within a reality of movement. There have been many Big Bangs and there will be many more!
Last edited by Shulem on Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

2 Nephi 9:7 wrote:Wherefore, it must needs be an infinite atonement—save it should be an infinite atonement this corruption could not put on incorruption. Wherefore, the first judgment which came upon man must needs have remained to an endless duration.

No, no, no!

It cannot be an INFINITE atonement because infinity is not within the Question & Answer in which Jesus Christ is involved! There is a limited NUMBER of persons in which his atonement is supposed to redeem or provide salvation. This means that Christ's supposed atonement is an umbrella of finite consequence where under a finite number of souls reside. And even if the atonement never took place there is no infinite consequence to damned souls who would continue in that state and condition for a finite number of linear time ever after. Infinity does not enter the equation and does not belong in this Book of Mormon context. Every single day or every minute or hour of a soul who is damned or a soul who is saved is a new beginning in linear existence. THAT is finite in nature!

Wouldn't you agree, Philo?

Once again, Joseph Smith misuses the word "infinite" while his head is buried in a hat.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Alma 34:10 wrote:For it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice; yea, not a sacrifice of man, neither of beast, neither of any manner of fowl; for it shall not be a human sacrifice; but it must be an  infinite and eternal sacrifice

The atonement may be eternal in nature because the consequence is endless and goes forever and ever. That is a fair statement in my view. But to say that it's infinite is absolutely incorrect. The atonement is NOT infinite because it has a beginning, beginning with Christ suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane and Joseph Smith is on record for saying that if you can find a beginning then you can also find an end -- thus, it's not infinite per se.

And, as I expressed in the earlier post, the umbrella of the atonement covers a finite number of souls in which they can all be counted and that is NOT infinite. Therefore, the word "infinite" as expressed in these cases in the Book of Mormon should be stricken from the text. It is a serious imperfection of infinite proportion!

Philo, what say ye?

:lol:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:53 am
(There is no right or wrong answer.)

Well, I hate to mince words with you but the concept of infinity cannot be fully expressed or understood in human terms -- it cannot be viewed or numbered. It is a concept of all things pertaining to potentiality. Therefore, when it comes to infinity there is only ONE answer -- it just IS -- an isness of all things manifested and all things that have not been manifested. Infinity cannot be measured or quantified within our realm of space/time or on the other side (death) which is time/space. Our universe is finite, period.

I beg you to read my thread in the Celestial forum.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I am going to make slides so I can go on both the shows, Mythvision and Gnostic Informant. And I am having both of them on my show here soon as well. I am just very excited to have their views and ideas also.
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:44 pm
Alma 34:10 wrote:For it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice; yea, not a sacrifice of man, neither of beast, neither of any manner of fowl; for it shall not be a human sacrifice; but it must be an  infinite and eternal sacrifice

The atonement may be eternal in nature because the consequence is endless and goes forever and ever. That is a fair statement in my view. But to say that it's infinite is absolutely incorrect. The atonement is NOT infinite because it has a beginning, beginning with Christ suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane and Joseph Smith is on record for saying that if you can find a beginning then you can also find an end -- thus, it's not infinite per se.

And, as I expressed in the earlier post, the umbrella of the atonement covers a finite number of souls in which they can all be counted and that is NOT infinite. Therefore, the word "infinite" as expressed in these cases in the Book of Mormon should be stricken from the text. It is a serious imperfection of infinite proportion!

Philo, what say ye?

:lol:
I can see your argument about how Mormonism is contradictory in claiming to believe in an infinite God who also evolved into that state. But on the other hand, couldn't one simply say that "infinite" from the perspective a current mortal refers to one's own dimension? If space, time, energy, and matter are all interchangeable, then a being which exists outside of these constraints could be said to be infinite, even if the dimension being perceived had a definite beginning.

I don't think Mormonism is necessarily less coherent here than other forms of Christianity.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:53 am
I can see your argument about how Mormonism is contradictory in claiming to believe in an infinite God who also evolved into that state. But on the other hand, couldn't one simply say that "infinite" from the perspective a current mortal refers to one's own dimension? If space, time, energy, and matter are all interchangeable, then a being which exists outside of these constraints could be said to be infinite, even if the dimension being perceived had a definite beginning.

I don't think Mormonism is necessarily less coherent here than other forms of Christianity.

My view is black and white -- yes or no. It's either infinite or it's not. It can't be both. The infinite is something that cannot be contained or seen or expressed on a piece of paper no matter how large it is.

I'm afraid to say that the difference between finite and infinite is infinite and I make no allowances in the least degree in misusing that principle. It either is or it isn't, period.

Indeed, the infinite is outside of time and space. It is outside of our realm and cannot be accounted for. It is magic!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

slskipper wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:33 am
Since God is a projection of each person's world view, then God will absolutely morph into whatever the individual needs "him" to be at the moment. That's why God is a moving target. As Weston La Barre pointed out, every statement about God is autobiographical.

I tend to agree with you on that point.

And now, I just revealed a bloody revelation on this board up in the Celestial forum and dropped a shoe. I've exposed the First Vision and Heavenly Father in a way that has never been done before.

I have dropped the shoe!

Behold, go and see.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:57 am
slskipper wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:33 am
Since God is a projection of each person's world view, then God will absolutely morph into whatever the individual needs "him" to be at the moment. That's why God is a moving target. As Weston La Barre pointed out, every statement about God is autobiographical.

I tend to agree with you on that point.

And now, I just revealed a bloody revelation on this board up in the Celestial forum and dropped a shoe. I've exposed the First Vision and Heavenly Father in a way that has never been done before.

I have dropped the shoe!

Behold, go and see.
I will do so immediately! Now it is my turn to drop a shoe. I have been furiously working on slides for my presentation of the First Vision! It is going to be the visual BOMB, as well as informative bomb (thanks to your discoveries Shulem!). I am going to shout it from the roof tops, well.....o.k., in the live video! It is going to be gorgeous! It is going to be discussed, shown, elucidated, expounded upon, talked through and through, exposed, philosophized, and henceforth elaborated upon in the way only the Backyard Professor can do. Shulem shall reign as KING of the exposes, and the Backyard Professor shall be the mouthpiece and videographer of said information. The touchdown is in huddle right now, and we are about to get up to the line and throw the Hail Elohim pass of all time and the touchdown shall go down in history for its glorious amazing information and obvious answer to all charges showing it to be utterly invented and evolutionarily added upon. The contradictions shall not escape exposure. The weird doctrines shall not be able to flee into a dark corner, for lo and behold, the Backyard Professor shall speak the informational content of Shulem, and the world shall be enlightened, verily amen, and amen!